Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2015 Canes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Chavez Grant. Unfortunately that was the highlight of his career so far. Too small and too slow to be anything more than a nickel back though.

    Really like the McNulty hire if we end up going that way. Probably more than most of the candidates that were being talked about.

    I'd really like Martinez as well. Love UGA's style of defense.

    That is correct comahan
    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
    <3 dg

    Comment


    • I can tell you guys about McNulty. However, I would like to know how reliable that Miami Herald blog posting is. From what I've heard in the past, McNulty was happy where he is, and I really doubt Kyle Flood would leave. McNulty would be a tough loss, but Flood would be devastating.

      McNulty in general is a good OC. My one complaint is that he's in love with the deep ball. In 2008, the problem was really that we kept going for the home run when a first down would suffice. We kept just missing on passes, and eventually the QB started pressing and making mistakes.

      It's a similar offense to what the Giants run in the NFL. Pro style, run inside to set up the deep ball down field.

      Comment


      • Not gonna be McNulty.

        Not gonna be Whipple.

        They have both spoken to coaches but Randy passed.

        Back to my original statement.

        The guy Randy hires will be a name we've never heard before.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
          The Georgia fans all seem to dislike Willie Martinez, which throws up a red flag for me but the guy is a Miami Hurricane (from Hollywood too), is an outstanding secondary coach, a great recruiter and when he has the players he puts up top ten defenses.

          A year ago he was the hottest name on the coaching market, one sub par year and everyone hates him. I wouldn't be upset if he was our DC next year, think it could be a good fit.

          Tommy Tubbz would be outstanding, but I gotta think that's a pipe dream. Him and Shannon do get along really well though, so who knows...
          That sounds a lot like Charlie Strong.
          Drink apple juice, cause OJ will kill you.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Hokie_Pokie08 View Post
            That sounds a lot like Charlie Strong.
            I was thinking the same thing.

            But honestly, and the is just IMO.

            Martinez is much better then Strong.

            Even Martinez's down years are better then some of Strong's good years.

            And While at UGA, Martinez has never had a year as bad as some of the ones strong has at UF.

            Comment


            • I like McNulty a lot. Like Jonny said, he loves the deep ball and if it works once he'll keep going back to it all game. Problem is that ACC defenses are better and Jacory doesn't have the strongest arm.

              But it's all moot now.

              Martinez sounds alright, but he got lit up by GT no different from us. I don't want a repeat of last year.

              sig by BoneKrusher

              Comment


              • Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                Chavez Grant. Unfortunately that was the highlight of his career so far. Too small and too slow to be anything more than a nickel back though.

                Really like the McNulty hire if we end up going that way. Probably more than most of the candidates that were being talked about.

                I'd really like Martinez as well. Love UGA's style of defense.
                thanks you.

                Comment


                • I would LOVE to get Martinez back here!

                  Our recruiting would be even more disgustingly good than it is already! It would be RIDICULOUS! Not to mention our defense would be freak nasty again!

                  Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

                  Comment


                  • Will Miami and Notre Dame every get up again during the regular season to renew that old rivalry?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by murdamal86 View Post
                      Will Miami and Notre Dame every get up again during the regular season to renew that old rivalry?
                      Ask ND. Not up to us. We schedule everyone.

                      Heck we played UF this year on their turf with their refs because that was what it took to schedule them.

                      We had 6 away games this year while most big time programs have 5 because we are willing to take a harder schedule.

                      It's not on us. It's other schools that dropped us in the 90's because they were sick of getting pounded.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
                        Ask ND. Not up to us. We schedule everyone.

                        Heck we played UF this year on their turf with their refs because that was what it took to schedule them.

                        We had 6 away games this year while most big time programs have 5 because we are willing to take a harder schedule.

                        It's not on us. It's other schools that dropped us in the 90's because they were sick of getting pounded.
                        As cocky as that sounds, it's true. ND won't schedule Miami. Our new AD specifically singled them out as a future opponent he'd like to schedule and ND declined.

                        Also the reason why we'll never play Texas OOC again after the absolute coldcocking we gave them 46-3 in the Cotton Bowl. They hate us. We had like 20 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties that game. Thrill Hill ran into the tunnel and performed one of my all time favorite celebrations.
                        "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by djp View Post
                          As cocky as that sounds, it's true. ND won't schedule Miami. Our new AD specifically singled them out as a future opponent he'd like to schedule and ND declined.

                          Also the reason why we'll never play Texas OOC again after the absolute coldcocking we gave them 46-3 in the Cotton Bowl. They hate us. We had like 20 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties that game. Thrill Hill ran into the tunnel and performed one of my all time favorite celebrations.
                          That dance was classic.

                          But yea Texas, UF, ND. There's a laundry list of team that either won't play us or will only play us on their terms.

                          That's why I give props to Oklahoma. They have never been afriad to schedule us.

                          Comment


                          • Even vs Ohio State we have 2 @ OSU and 1 @ Home

                            Comment


                            • I'll give ND an excuse...you can only get manhandled once a year, and USC holds that spot as the official ND manhandler.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
                                I'll give ND an excuse...you can only get manhandled once a year, and USC holds that spot as the official ND manhandler.
                                Yea you got that spot from us as default when they stopped scheduling us.

                                Don't worry tho. Soon they'll get sick of getting beat down by you and switch to Texas or something like that.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information