Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2015 Canes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
    Yea you got that spot from us as default when they stopped scheduling us.

    Don't worry tho. Soon they'll get sick of getting beat down by you and switch to Texas or something like that.
    I dont know, USC vs ND is one of those rivalries that's a definite classic. Some trojan fans consider ND our "real" rival, and I just dont see them trying to run from us no matter how many times we beat them (I think they still have the lead..but not for long, especially with Petey on board).

    Now what I'd like to see is Miami vs USC home and home in the future, I'd bust a nut right there. Think of the recruiting opportunities. :D

    Comment


    • Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
      I dont know, USC vs ND is one of those rivalries that's a definite classic. Some trojan fans consider ND our "real" rival, and I just dont see them trying to run from us no matter how many times we beat them (I think they still have the lead..but not for long, especially with Petey on board).

      Now what I'd like to see is Miami vs USC home and home in the future, I'd bust a nut right there. Think of the recruiting opportunities. :D
      I'd love to see the game but I'll pass on Cali recruits.

      Still feeling the burn of Kyle Wright.

      Tho Vaughn Telemaque looks like he's gonna be a monster here. Tell Pete thanks for dragging his feet on that one.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
        I dont know, USC vs ND is one of those rivalries that's a definite classic. Some trojan fans consider ND our "real" rival, and I just dont see them trying to run from us no matter how many times we beat them (I think they still have the lead..but not for long, especially with Petey on board).

        Now what I'd like to see is Miami vs USC home and home in the future, I'd bust a nut right there. Think of the recruiting opportunities. :D
        USC is scheduling a home and home with Minnesota right now! Bet you didn't know that..
        "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

        Comment


        • Originally posted by djp View Post
          USC is scheduling a home and home with Minnesota right now! Bet you didn't know that..
          I think I heard, but don't think I cared when I did. Hopefully we get that big tackle from minny, or something. Maybe pete sees good recruits up there, that's the only thing I can think of.

          Still feeling the burn of Kyle Wright.
          You win some, you lose some.


          Vaughn Telemaque looks like he's gonna be a monster here. Tell Pete thanks for dragging his feet on that one.
          I dont know who pete was recruiting or trying to recruit when Telemaque wanted an offer, but it better be somebody good. I wasn't happy when the hawk committed to you guys. I did think the whole "vice city" thing when he decided was cool.

          Comment


          • Some thoughts on Martinez

            I used to coach HS football in Georgia and our staff coached with the UGA staff at their summer camps. I can tell you a few things about Coach Martinez:
            - He was the first one to meetings every morning
            - His players never fooled around or goofed off
            - He sat with the HS coaches to eat lunch and answered everyone's questions
            - He can be a bit intimidating
            - His favorite phrase was "knock his dick off" which made us laugh (but not in front of him)

            I would be pleased to see him in the DC role at Miami.
            "No one rises to low expectations." - Mark Whipple

            Comment


            • So how you all feeling about Mark Whipple???

              Comment


              • Willie Martinez went to my high school. :o

                Just thought I'd share.

                That is correct comahan
                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                <3 dg

                Comment


                • It's Whipple baby!

                  **** yea.

                  I'm pumped. He was high on the list of guys I wanted.

                  Surprised he didn't get locked up by Philly with Shurmur gone.

                  This seals up all the questions with the offensive recruits as well.

                  Comment


                  • from scout.com on Mark Whipple

                    Bottom Line: He flat out gets results. He knows what championship football is all about. He would bring a winning mentality to the program. He'd bring NFL experience to the program. With Whipple running the show in Coral Gables, the Canes could absolutely become one of the nation's most explosive offenses as early as next season.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
                      It's Whipple baby!

                      **** yea.

                      I'm pumped. He was high on the list of guys I wanted.

                      Surprised he didn't get locked up by Philly with Shurmur gone.

                      This seals up all the questions with the offensive recruits as well.

                      I think he could see the Miami OC job as a better opportunity than Donovan McNabb's personal coach. I gotta agree with that too because Philly will always have high expectations and let's just say they go 9-7 next year and Donovan struggles; that entire coaching staff could be gone. Here he gets to be in charge of an entire offense.

                      BTW: Are you hearing Whipple is done from anywhere else other than Ferman over at Rivals, or is he the only one breaking this story right now? I'd love to hear multiple sources call it done...

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                        I think he could see the Miami OC job as a better opportunity than Donovan McNabb's personal coach. I gotta agree with that too because Philly will always have high expectations and let's just say they go 9-7 next year and Donovan struggles; that entire coaching staff could be gone. Here he gets to be in charge of an entire offense.

                        BTW: Are you hearing Whipple is done from anywhere else other than Ferman over at Rivals, or is he the only one breaking this story right now? I'd love to hear multiple sources call it done...
                        Insiders say it's been done since yesterday.

                        Scout is reporting it as well.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                          I think he could see the Miami OC job as a better opportunity than Donovan McNabb's personal coach. I gotta agree with that too because Philly will always have high expectations and let's just say they go 9-7 next year and Donovan struggles; that entire coaching staff could be gone. Here he gets to be in charge of an entire offense.

                          BTW: Are you hearing Whipple is done from anywhere else other than Ferman over at Rivals, or is he the only one breaking this story right now? I'd love to hear multiple sources call it done...
                          Gary? Are you serious. He was saying YESTERDAY that Whipple wasn't a candidate.

                          Mike and Chris were the first to report this story...heck, Mike had to come out and tell users that Whipple was still a candidate after Gary went on his crusade the past few days.

                          The less you guys listen to Gary, the better off you will all be. He doesn't have any credible sources. That was never more evident then when Gary decided to throw out every possible name under the sun ranging from Gunter Brewer to Dean Pease to Mike Shula to Bill Musgrave.
                          Last edited by Larry121283; 01-23-2009, 11:00 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Thoughts on the signing...like I've been saying on scout...Mark Whipple brings a collegiate version of the Greatest Show on Turf offense to Coral Gables. His playbook is pretty vast for the college level and he is the type to push the envelope and push it every play. Think of it as the 60-minutes of hell offense.

                            His style of offense is the exact opposite of Patrick Nix...

                            I would have also liked John (Jimmay) McNulty...including the package he would have brought over.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by CaneInEastTexas View Post
                              - His favorite phrase was "knock his dick off" which made us laugh (but not in front of him)
                              You almost made me spill my drink when I read that.

                              Graig Cooper makes opposing defenses look silly.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Larry121283 View Post
                                Thoughts on the signing...like I've been saying on scout...Mark Whipple brings a collegiate version of the Greatest Show on Turf offense to Coral Gables. His playbook is pretty vast for the college level and he is the type to push the envelope and push it every play. Think of it as the 60-minutes of hell offense.

                                His style of offense is the exact opposite of Patrick Nix...

                                I would have also liked John (Jimmay) McNulty...including the package he would have brought over.
                                I liked McNulty as well.

                                Hopefully Whipple can be swayed from the Philly gig. Being an OC at Miami looks much better on a resume then a QB coach for Philly. Set himself up for an NFL OC job quicker.

                                Anything on the DC. I'm starting it hear that it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that Randy takes that spot over and just get a little help.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information