No announcement yet.

2015 Canes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm actually looking forward to the game you guys have against Oklahoma this upcoming season. It's too early to talk who's going to win and what not but in talking to my friend who's an OU fan, i assured him that they aren't coming down there and leaving scoring 40 plus points. I'm told em i'm not saying who's going to win, but i know Oklahoma isn't steam rolling them. We stole OU's swag.

Comment

• It kinda sucks that they had upwards of 5 1st-day caliber prospects return to school, 4 of which were likely 1st rounders. They lose a lot of players but also return a lot of key pieces.

If we had a decent offense, we would've beat the NC Gators on the road. With a good OC, we'll definitely be more competitive playing OU @ home. Then again our defenses matches up better with UF's offense than OU's. Stopping Bradford will be tough and we'll need a ton of pressure and turnovers. Their defensive line is also pretty terrifying, which masks their weak DBs.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I think it's been shown that when you get pressure into Sam Bradford's perfect little backfield, he struggles. You guys have a very good shot at winning that. Plus they won't be rolling at full speed since it's early season, kind of like how you caught us last season.

Comment

• They were rolling pretty fast 2 years ago when we played them. That was when their offense was being run by a Fr QB, Fr RB, So & Jr receivers & a mostly Jr OL.

Plus we play them in Oct. They will have had a few games to iron out the kinks.

We definitely caught you guys this year and gave y'all a nice wakeup call. Gators fans should thank us for that, although the Ole Miss game was more important.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by etk View Post
            It kinda sucks that they had upwards of 5 1st-day caliber prospects return to school, 4 of which were likely 1st rounders. They lose a lot of players but also return a lot of key pieces.

If we had a decent offense, we would've beat the NC Gators on the road. With a good OC, we'll definitely be more competitive playing OU @ home. Then again our defenses matches up better with UF's offense than OU's. Stopping Bradford will be tough and we'll need a ton of pressure and turnovers. Their defensive line is also pretty terrifying, which masks their weak DBs.
            How do you think you guys D-Line will do on paper right now if you had to put an analysis on it? I'm a firm believer that talent wins out in the battle on the trenches not scheme's.

Comment

• There's good overall talent and depth, but we have some holes and ?s. Marcus Robinson, Adewale Ojomo & Olivier Vernon give us 3 good pass rushing RDEs, plus Gavin Hardin who could contribute. Marcus Forston should be one of the best pass rushing DTs in the NCAA and he's working on getting stronger to shut down the middle. Our other DT spot is up in the air. Allen Bailey could slide in or stick at LDE. If he stays at DE, we're stuck with Joe Joseph, Josh Holmes, Micanor Regis and Luther Robinson. A guy like Sheldon Richardson would be huge but that's a longshot. Hopefully Regis or Holmes step up because Joseph is slow as molasses. If Joseph gets the gig, he'll come off on passing downs with Bailey moving inside (Justin Tuck-style) and the DEs will be Robinson and Ojomo. Andrew Smith and Steven Wesley are options at LDE if Bailey moves inside.

We're gonna rotate a lot of guys because we have the depth to give everyone fresh legs. Quantity is not quality, however, and this unit won't be entirely dominant until a year from now.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Our OC will be named "in a couple days, will be from the NFL and run a pro style offense".

How come it's not official on Whipple yet?

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Wow, I am really excited about this recruiting class and how it's shaking out. It looks like this weekend's visits went extremely well. I am happy about all the possible OL commits and the ones we have already. If we can close on Hall and Bunche, WOW! That would give us 7 Possible OL Commits (Washington, Johnson, Hall, Bunche, Wheeler, White, and Plein), with the first 5 being potential studs!

By the way, Joey, who are the recruits that we are still going hard after, including committed and undecided players other than Hall and Bunche?

I know about Sam Barrington, Debose, and Greg Reid, but who else is there that I'm forgetting?

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

• I am not Joey, but I know were in it for Bobby Massie, Daniel Campbell (who I haven't heard much about lately), and Orson Charles...

I am sure Joey knows a lot more... He will fill us in..

Comment

• Originally posted by thebow305 View Post
                      Wow, I am really excited about this recruiting class and how it's shaking out. It looks like this weekend's visits went extremely well. I am happy about all the possible OL commits and the ones we have already. If we can close on Hall and Bunche, WOW! That would give us 7 Possible OL Commits (Washington, Johnson, Hall, Bunche, Wheeler, White, and Plein), with the first 5 being potential studs!

By the way, Joey, who are the recruits that we are still going hard after, including committed and undecided players other than Hall and Bunche?

I know about Sam Barrington, Debose, and Greg Reid, but who else is there that I'm forgetting?
                      I'm fairly sure you're chances fell apart with Debose because you've been dilly-dallying with the offensive coordinator and Greg Reid is a long shot because he'd have to drop his Georgia visit and they seem like the front-runner. I know he said you guys will probably be getting Barrington.

Orson Charles may come down to a battle between you guys and Georgia.

I can't speak for him, but that is what I know.

Comment

• Originally posted by tolnaballa View Post
                        I am not Joey, but I know were in it for Bobby Massie, Daniel Campbell (who I haven't heard much about lately), and Orson Charles...

I am sure Joey knows a lot more... He will fill us in..
                        Also Andrew Tiller and Peter White.

We're in on a lot of OL and will close with at least 2-3 more no matter what.

Reid, Debose and Hall are probably longshots. Massie and Charles...we'll see. I really hope we get 1 of Massie/Hall and Charles.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I was hearing that Daniel Campbell was a lock like a month ago... He is a 4 star o-line that can play gaurd or tackle.

I like these Prep School O-lineman, they have a year of development and weights on them compared to high school lineman.

Comment

• Brandon Washington is very much ready physically. I haven't seen that much of Jermaine Johnson but I assume he falls similarly.

Then there's JUCO linemen like Terrence Cody, Jeff Otah, Carl Nicks, etc. that were successful. Experience and age are big for OL recruits and we need bodies NOW. Guys like Wheeler and White are good but will need time. I like how we're bringing in a mix of different backgrounds.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• First time I have seen anything on ESPN, it was just posted in the last half hour. Whipple to Miami tomorrow.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3860196

Comment

• Feels good that he picked us over an Eagles promotion. Seems like he's really eager to get down here, set up an offense and call plays. I like that. Our offense is going to be exciting to say the least. Jacory is gonna be at least 190 by the start of the season and hopefully is arm strength improves a lot. The sky's the limit if he's healthy. My only concern is what we'll do with all our RBs. James and Cooper have been the starters for 2 years. Chambers looked good in the bowl game. Berry is working hard and he's very gifted physically. Brown, Miller & James are all talented and ready for the next level. I'd hate to be the guy who delegates carries.

To think we actually played Derron Thomas over the past 4 years...with all the guys we have now and will get in the future....

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information