No announcement yet.

2015 Canes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I personally think if James can stay healthy he will get us 800+ yards next year. Cooper will play more the Westbrook role in Whipple's offense. Chambers looked like a combination of James and Cooper. He should be solid.

Brown will get carries next year.

Miller and James should redshirt, unless they come in and just blow the coaching staffs minds.

If I had a problem with anything from last years team was how often they rotated wide receivers. Give the QB's some work with first string wide outs all game, get the timing down, and we will have a stellar passing game. Last year it was rotation and I think it through stuff off. Dedrick Epps could be huge next year, they way the Eagles liked to use their Tight Ends, Epps was a great players at the end of the year.

I mean we know who the studs are going to be... Aldarius, Benjamin, Byrd, and Collier. These 4 should be playing over Shields and Hankerson.

Comment

• Cooper is the most overrated guy on the team right now. For a smaller "speed back", he does little damage against any team with a decent defense. He only runs well against slow defenses that give up big holes. His vision and creativity are terrible, he slows down on contact and breaks no tackles. We always get him the ball on screens but he's not decisive enough to make a move and get yardage.

Chambers is a much better option imo as he's a 1-cut guy who finds the hole and explodes through it. Cooper isn't a downhill guy even though he's built for it better than Chambers.

If he can grasp the offense, Bryce should get the most carries on the team. James will be our power back, and Chambers and Cooper will split time situationally. Berry will be a ST and back up James. Miller and M. James redshirt but both are good enough to play now if needed.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I wish Berry would of stayed at Safety he has a great work ethic to see the field.

Comment

• He would've been better than Nicolas or Campbell but we do have a lot of Fr there and Berry is the only option of the 3 that could switch positions. I don't think he would've started at either spot so it doesn't really matter.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Berry is a practice squad player fellas. He is slooooooooooooooooooow. All the guys on the team love him but he and they both know he will not see the field.
            "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
              Berry is a practice squad player fellas. He is slooooooooooooooooooow. All the guys on the team love him but he and they both know he will not see the field.
              From what I know, he had some injury history that will stop him from ever being more then a ST player.

Which is fine with me. He is a beast on ST. By far our best.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
                From what I know, he had some injury history that will stop him from ever being more then a ST player.

Which is fine with me. He is a beast on ST. By far our best.
                Yeah, it's his knees. He tore up his knee bad his senior year of high school and hasn't recovered yet.
                "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
                  I'm fairly sure you're chances fell apart with Debose because you've been dilly-dallying with the offensive coordinator and Greg Reid is a long shot because he'd have to drop his Georgia visit and they seem like the front-runner. I know he said you guys will probably be getting Barrington.

Orson Charles may come down to a battle between you guys and Georgia.

I can't speak for him, but that is what I know.
                  I as well as many others are fully expecting Greg Reid on Miami's campus next weekend.

His cousin Jamal pushed his visit back so they could go together. Insiders as well as our rivals staff and many local writers are all on record saying he will likely drop UGA and visit us. This could turn out to be more of a Miami-FSU battle then a FSU-UGA battle.

Debose has nothing to do with the OC and anything your hearing otherwise is false. He was more solid to the Gators then originally thought. Has nothing to do with our OC. He still hasnt ruled out visiting but he isn't expected to change his commitment even if he does.

Here is the list of the candidates for the final spots:

OL- Quinton Washington, St. Stephen (SC) Timberland 4*
                  OL- Daniel Campbell, Chatham (VA) Hargrave Military Academy 4*
                  OL- Peter White, Washington (DC) St. John's College High 4*
                  OL- Malcolm Bunche, Newark (DE) Newark 3*
                  OL- Bobby Massie, Chatham (VA) Hargrave Military Academy 5*
                  OL- Andrew Tiller, Garden City (NY) Nassau C.C. 3*
                  CB- Greg Reid, Valdosta (GA) Lowndes 5*
                  TE- Orson Charles, Tampa (FL) Plant 4*
                  TE- Sheldon Richardson, St. Louis (MO) Gateway 5*
                  LB- Sam Barrington, Jacksonville (FL) Terry Parker 3*

Of that list I'm expecting Barrington, and 2 of Bunche, Campbell or Tiller. Washington and White are likely staying home. Charles likely has way too many hurtles and should end up at UGA. Richardson is an extreme longshot to switch. Wouldn't be surprised if we found a way to pull one of Massie or Reid.

That would put us at around 23 layers which is about what where we will be at from what I'm hearing.

Comment

I as well as many others are fully expecting Greg Reid on Miami's campus next weekend.

His cousin Jamal pushed his visit back so they could go together. Insiders as well as our rivals staff and many local writers are all on record saying he will likely drop UGA and visit us. This could turn out to be more of a Miami-FSU battle then a FSU-UGA battle.

Debose has nothing to do with the OC and anything your hearing otherwise is false. He was more solid to the Gators then originally thought. Has nothing to do with our OC. He still hasnt ruled out visiting but he isn't expected to change his commitment even if he does.

Here is the list of the candidates for the final spots:

OL- Quinton Washington, St. Stephen (SC) Timberland 4*
                    OL- Daniel Campbell, Chatham (VA) Hargrave Military Academy 4*
                    OL- Peter White, Washington (DC) St. John's College High 4*
                    OL- Malcolm Bunche, Newark (DE) Newark 3*
                    OL- Bobby Massie, Chatham (VA) Hargrave Military Academy 5*
                    OL- Andrew Tiller, Garden City (NY) Nassau C.C. 3*
                    CB- Greg Reid, Valdosta (GA) Lowndes 5*
                    TE- Orson Charles, Tampa (FL) Plant 4*
                    TE- Sheldon Richardson, St. Louis (MO) Gateway 5*
                    LB- Sam Barrington, Jacksonville (FL) Terry Parker 3*

Of that list I'm expecting Barrington, and 2 of Bunche, Campbell or Tiller. Washington and White are likely staying home. Charles likely has way too many hurtles and should end up at UGA. Richardson is an extreme longshot to switch. Wouldn't be surprised if we found a way to pull one of Massie or Reid.

That would put us at around 23 layers which is about what where we will be at from what I'm hearing.
                    You didn't mention Marcus Hall? I know he is still very long shot, but I think this visit really helped us out a ton, and I think there is a good shot we may just steal one here.

And if you had to guess, what would our final class look like Joey?

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

• Originally posted by thebow305 View Post
                      You didn't mention Marcus Hall? I know he is still very long shot, but I think this visit really helped us out a ton, and I think there is a good shot we may just steal one here.

And if you had to guess, what would our final class look like Joey?
                      Forget about Marcus Hall.

I already stated. We will land Barrington and 2 of Campbell, Tiller or Bunche.

Those guys will put us at 22.

I expect 1 or 2 more guys after that to get us to the 23-24 range.

Who those last 1-2 guys are is too soon to tell right now. Depends on visits next week. White, Washington, Reid, Richardson all coming in. And there's still alot developing with Massie and Charles. Simply too close to call at this point.

Comment

Forget about Marcus Hall.

I already stated. We will land Barrington and 2 of Campbell, Tiller or Bunche.

Those guys will put us at 22.

I expect 1 or 2 more guys after that to get us to the 23-24 range.

Who those last 1-2 guys are is too soon to tell right now. Depends on visits next week. White, Washington, Reid, Richardson all coming in. And there's still alot developing with Massie and Charles. Simply too close to call at this point.
                        I thought Campbell was already and given? And why would we have any reason to think differently about Tiller and Bunche? I think we get all 3 of those guys.

And is Massie still a realistic possibility? I thought we kind of dropped off with this guy recently? And I had NO idea we were in it for Greg Reid!?

Comment

I thought Campbell was already and given? And why would we have any reason to think differently about Tiller and Bunche? I think we get all 3 of those guys.

And is Massie still a realistic possibility? I thought we kind of dropped off with this guy recently? And I had NO idea we were in it for Greg Reid!?
                          Campbell still doesn't have his grades in order.

Not getting all 3 of those OL named. Staff doesn't want them all. Too many would play the same position and the staff is not willing to take them all. Been hearing that Bunche could be an odd man out depending on what happens with some of the other OL. Tiller was always a backup plan. We should get 2 of those guys. But don't expect all 3.

Massie is still very much in play.

Greg Reid is expected to be visiting this weekend. He's an FSU lean but we are a huge wildcard for various reasons. Will know more after the weekend.

Comment

• Whats Campbell's first name? I'm not a recruiting buff
                            Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

• Originally posted by katnip View Post
                              Whats Campbell's first name? I'm not a recruiting buff
                              Daniel Campbell

Comment

Daniel Campbell
                                Staff was looking at him and Bunche for the same position. Taking Bunche could be a signal that we are not getting Campbell.

Bunche IMO was/is the better prospect as he does have some OT ability but he should play OG here.

However, Campbell did have the bigger offers and that mean I could be off in my evaluation.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information