No announcement yet.

2015 Canes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought Bunche is OT all the way? Everything I read says that pass blocking is his biggest strength and I also was under the impression that Campbell is a guard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
      I thought Bunche is OT all the way? Everything I read says that pass blocking is his biggest strength and I also was under the impression that Campbell is a guard.
      Bunche is being looked at as an OG from what I can tell.

The OTs in this class are Jermaine Johnson, Cory White, and likely Andrew Tiller.

Then we are looking at Brandon Washington, Jared Wheeler, Malcolm Bunche and likely Peter White as OG.

If for w/e reason we don't land Tiller, Bunche would likely get a crack at OT but I don't think that's the path they want to take with him.

Campbell is an OG all the way.

Comment

• MIAMI is coming back. They will be a powerhouse next year!

Comment

• Not so fast....Bunche is being looked at as our backup RT from day 1, or at least that's what Shannon told him (Shannon doesn't lie much). He's athletic and a good pass blocker, plus he's 6'6" at 17 years old. I think he'll develop into an OT for us.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• As crazy as it sounds Don't be surprised if Tiller ends up at Syracuse

props to Eaglez. Fan on the sig

Comment

• Random thought... I wonder what we'll do if all 3 rb's in this class sign... Cause, isn't Cooper and Baby J coming back... Doesn't that give us 5 guys who can start at other schools???
              Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

• I also think Stephen Plein is an OT prospect. He may come in and play/practice at TE at first (hopefully while redshirting) but he will put on the weight and be an excellent LT prospect in 2-3 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                  I also think Stephen Plein is an OT prospect. He may come in and play/practice at TE at first (hopefully while redshirting) but he will put on the weight and be an excellent LT prospect in 2-3 years.
                  Being looked at as a blocing TE.

He would need 3-4 years to be a good LT anyways.

Never really bought the OT hype with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by katnip View Post
                    Random thought... I wonder what we'll do if all 3 rb's in this class sign... Cause, isn't Cooper and Baby J coming back... Doesn't that give us 5 guys who can start at other schools???
                    JJ is not being counted on. Hes a walking injury.

Cooper was always been as a change of pace. He needs help to be effective.

Mike James is being looked at as a Najeh Davenport type FB.

Cannot count on any freshmen. We wont know how ready they are until they see the field. Bryce Brown and Lamar Miller included.

Dont sleep on Lee Chambers.

Comment

• Miami's already thin tight end position just got a bit thinner.

Starter Dedrick Epps has reportedly undergone ACL surgery and will at least miss the spring. His availability for the start of the season is uncertain at this point.

Epps was spotted today with a full cast on his left leg.

With Epps on the shelf the only scholarship players this spring are seniors Richard Gordon and Tervaris Johnson, who is a converted defensive back.

Epps finished last season with 22 catches for 304 yards and two scores. His reception total was fourth-most on the team.

As a sophomore he played in 10 games and had eight catches for 83 yards, including the memorable game-winning grab at Florida State. His freshman year he playd in six games, starting one, and didn't have a catch.
                      This is a brutal injury and now a tight end is becoming an absolute must to end the class with. I wouldn't be surprised if they told Streeter to put on some pounds to split time next year.
                      "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• I heard we were going to offer Terrell Mitchell a 3 star TE who is coming on visit this weekend. Hes 6'5" 225, from Georgia, we got on him late in the recruiting process so I don't know how good our chances are on him. With the injury to Epps it really pushes us to find another end. We'd all like Orson Charles, maybe Whipple can get in his ear and pursuad him back in our favor. I heard he wasn't going to sign on signing day so maybe that will give us some time to work on him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
                          JJ is not being counted on. Hes a walking injury.

Cooper was always been as a change of pace. He needs help to be effective.

Mike James is being looked at as a Najeh Davenport type FB.

Cannot count on any freshmen. We wont know how ready they are until they see the field. Bryce Brown and Lamar Miller included.

Dont sleep on Lee Chambers.
                          Okay... And who was that small back who got carries with Cooper vs the Gators, when JJ got injured? I think he wore the jersey number 2x

Didn't know Mike James could get that big.
                          Last edited by katnip; 01-27-2009, 05:52 PM.
                          Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
                            This is a brutal injury and now a tight end is becoming an absolute must to end the class with. I wouldn't be surprised if they told Streeter to put on some pounds to split time next year.
                            Awful ******* news. This just reinforces the need for Orson Charles and to me it seems like we haven't/aren't pushing hard enough for him.

BTW I'm REALLY excited about Whipple and I'm drinking every kind of Kool Aid you put in front of me. The guy sounds like the real deal and at the very least he knows how to tell me what I wanna hear. From what I gathered it was Shannon 1on1 that really sealed the deal so I credit for Randy for bringing him in and selling the U. Whipple's buying us and we should buy him back.

-player's coach
                            -personnel coach
                            -adaptable pro-style
                            -balances the run game
                            -high expectations/winning mentality
                            -huge playbook
                            and more....

This guy is like the anti-Nix. I'm in such ******* euphoria right now....I just want the season to start already.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Yea you're definitely not the only one lol. Spring practice is less than a month away. :D

That is correct comahan
                              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                              <3 dg

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
                                Being looked at as a blocing TE.

He would need 3-4 years to be a good LT anyways.

Never really bought the OT hype with him.

Come on man, even his HS coach says he thinks he will be an OT in college. He played DE in HS and couldn't crack the two deep at TE because as his coach put it "we had two other really good TEs"

He is 6'6" 250 pounds right now and skinny! If he plays TE here in it's a waste of a scholly. I'd rather wait three years for a potentially good LT than offer a guy in June because we think his ceiling is a blocking TE and nothing more.

Plus why would you put Cory White at tackle when Plein is taller and weighs more?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information