2015 Canes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
    Come on man, even his HS coach says he thinks he will be an OT in college. He played DE in HS and couldn't crack the two deep at TE because as his coach put it "we had two other really good TEs"

He is 6'6" 250 pounds right now and skinny! If he plays TE here in it's a waste of a scholly. I'd rather wait three years for a potentially good LT than offer a guy in June because we think his ceiling is a blocking TE and nothing more.

Plus why would you put Cory White at tackle when Plein is taller and weighs more?
    Cory White plays Tackle in HS.

Stephen Plein does not and has never played tackle.

Besides I'm just repeating what I've heard as far as the coaching staffs outlook. Unfortunately Plein's HS coach doesn't work for Miami.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
      Cory White plays Tackle in HS.

Stephen Plein does not and has never played tackle.

Besides I'm just repeating what I've heard as far as the coaching staffs outlook. Unfortunately Plein's HS coach doesn't work for Miami.
      I'm guessing the coaches have given him a plan where he red shirts and adds weight in year one, blocking TE in year two, then moves to tackle years 3,4,5. If he doesn't gain the mass like they assume/hope he will, he stays at TE but we have two years to find out ala Jason Fox and Eric Winston.

You just don't take a guy that early no one else is on if his ceiling is a blocking TE.

Comment

• I'm with Hollywood on this one.

Who's to say he can't work at OT and still be a blocking TE anyway? Didn't Byrd play TE against Cal....

IMO the only reason he's being projected to TE is because we've failed to recruit that position and are stuck...with no one.

Like Hollywood said, it makes more sense that we offered him early as a projected OT than a blocking TE when we already had Billy Sanders and were working on other TEs.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Joey, it says in the new Rivals article about the Ray Ray and Dyron visit that Ray Ray will play safety at Miami!

YAY!!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

• Originally posted by thebow305 View Post
            Joey, it says in the new Rivals article about the Ray Ray and Dyron visit that Ray Ray will play safety at Miami!

YAY!!
            He ain't playing safety.

He's gonna go the route of Cookie Buchanan.

Cookie played safety for half a season and moved to LB. That's what's gonna happen with Ray Ray.

Mark it down.

Comment

• Safety is the last place I want Ray Ray. I'm sure he will make some big hits there, but with corner being our weakest position, we need a true 'safety' who can protect and cover with the corners.

I'd love to see him as a LB/DE hybrid, hell let him be a LB/DE/roving safety hybrid. I'd even rather have him play TE for us than safety. Either way though he is an absolute stud and one of my favorite prospects in this class.

BTW I saw today that Whipple is meeting with the Bryce Brown entourage but Bryce won't be there and Butler said it is 100% that Bryce will not be signing on signing day. Ugh. I just want this over with. I love Bryce Brown but honestly I think Mike James is being severely under-rated and should be a 5 star back and only a tick below Bryce. He does not have the pure breakaway speed of a Bryce but man...that dude has some of the best balance/vision/agility I have seen on a RB in a long, long time and you combine that with his power...I'm telling you guys...Mike James is going to be a super star RB at the U and the NFL.

I'd rank them like this -

1. Bryce Brown
              1a. Mike James

2. Lamar

I'm not as sold on Lamar as a lot of others but I could be wrong.

PS - I cannot follow that damn recruiting thread anymore! It is moving way too fast now and I'm glad we get an 09 Canes thread on here.

Comment

• Mike James is gonna be a FB here and as much as I love him, he isn't even close to a 5*

Lamar is the 1 player in our class that is truely underrated.

If he went to camps and showcases and AS games instead of working his ass off in the classroom, he would be a top 30, 5* players right now.

But he needed to do the classroom work to get into Miami and I'm fine with that.

Don't worry about Bryce. He's coming.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
                  Mike James is gonna be a FB here and as much as I love him, he isn't even close to a 5*

Lamar is the 1 player in our class that is truely underrated.

If he went to camps and showcases and AS games instead of working his ass off in the classroom, he would be a top 30, 5* players right now.

But he needed to do the classroom work to get into Miami and I'm fine with that.

Don't worry about Bryce. He's coming.

Hopefully by fullback you mean FB in the way Willis McGahee was a fullback at UM. He is a stud RB and will get his. I don't expect people to agree on my analysis on James as I realize it is different from what everyone is saying, but I know it when I see it. And James has IT. In three years you'll be agreeing with this opinion.

I have seen Lamar in person, never seen James live I am basing it on film but James has better (times 10) balance, agility, power, and vision than Lamar Miller. This is no bash on Lamar, he has awesome breakaway speed and will be a weapon at UM but I just don't see the same arsenal of moves that MJ brings to the table.

EDIT: I'm not worried about Bryce I know he is coming it's just finally starting to get annoying to me this whole Butler thing...

Comment

• Mike James is being treated as a Najeh Davenport type of FB.

Lamar Miller has drawn tones of Clinton Portis comparisons and I have to say that I agree. They look very similar.

Bryce Brown is obviously on another level. He has potential to be the LT of college football.

Comment

• Coaches are getting really frustrated with Bryce. Whipple and UM spending money on a plane ticket to meet with Bryce and the kid is on vacation...

... in Nebraska...

Enough with the games dude. Meet your coach.
                      "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
                        Coaches are getting really frustrated with Bryce. Whipple and UM spending money on a plane ticket to meet with Bryce and the kid is on vacation...

... in Nebraska...

Enough with the games dude. Meet your coach.
                        Coaches need to call him to call him out on the BS. If your saying your worried about the OC then you need to be there to meet the OC. Don't set up a visit with your parents.

See problem is he doesn't really care about the OC. This is Butler's ways of pumping money out of the kid with that damn website and the OC is the excuse so Butler is the one setting up the meeting and doing the interview to same face on Bryce not signing.

As good as Arthur's situation was handled, Butler is doing Bryce a real disservice.

He needs to just tell Bryce to sign and stop milking him for every penny.

Comment

• http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...ts?eref=fromSI

This is SI's front page truth & rumors article. lol, it's funny how people don't believe how the media hates Miami. What about UF and them losing all their recruits after winning the NC? These guys aren't going anywhere and it's not news that they're soft verbals.

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                          BTW I saw today that Whipple is meeting with the Bryce Brown entourage but Bryce won't be there and Butler said it is 100% that Bryce will not be signing on signing day. Ugh. I just want this over with. I love Bryce Brown but honestly I think Mike James is being severely under-rated and should be a 5 star back and only a tick below Bryce. He does not have the pure breakaway speed of a Bryce but man...that dude has some of the best balance/vision/agility I have seen on a RB in a long, long time and you combine that with his power...I'm telling you guys...Mike James is going to be a super star RB at the U and the NFL.

I'd rank them like this -

1. Bryce Brown
                          1a. Mike James

2. Lamar

I'm not as sold on Lamar as a lot of others but I could be wrong.

PS - I cannot follow that damn recruiting thread anymore! It is moving way too fast now and I'm glad we get an 09 Canes thread on here.
                          OMG....I can't believe my eyes!!!!!!!!!!!

This whole time I've been afraid to speak up because no one really talks about him...I love Mike James. He could be a great workhorse back for us and he looks like a rich man's Kevin Smith. I definitely agree that he's much better than Miller and deserves 5*, but I don't agree that he's only a tick below Brown. Brown is like a 10* and no one's on his level. I'd be perfectly fine with James as our RB for 3 years though, no question. All this FB talk is driving me crazy because Brown and James could wear defenses down like never before. James is a natural runner and I'm sure he could be an excellent blocker but I'd rather we have a big, stocky monster like Patrick Hill to give us some pop. James' talent would be wasted at FB.

We need to start a fan club or something. I don't know what Joey doesn't see but James is extremely underrated. Breakaway speed is not everything.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• LOL I'm down to start a Mike James fan club, because he is being so overlooked right now. It's funny you bring up Kevin Smith too, I was thinking how if he went to a school like UCF he'd start four years and break all their records.

Comment

• But he's All Cane and wants to compete :)

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I have nothing against Mike James. I think he's a heck of a back and is exactly what the doctor ordered on short yardage.

I just think he's the 3rd best back in our class.

If he isn't gonna see the field at RB, we need to use him at FB.

Apparently the coaching staff feels the same way.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information