Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2015 Canes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I really like James too. It could be because his half the plays on his highlights are counter treys though. Seriously, if Whipple runs counter treys I'm going to give him a hug.

    That is correct comahan
    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
    <3 dg

    Comment


    • Looks like we might be getting Billy Sanders back

      Comment


      • Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
        Looks like we might be getting Billy Sanders back
        I'm pretty meh about that....

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
          I'm pretty meh about that....
          Unless you wanna see us playing Richard Gordon with Tervaris Johnson as a backup, you better pray we land some more TEs.

          Sanders is as good as any. Should be a solid TE here.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
            Unless you wanna see us playing Richard Gordon with Tervaris Johnson as a backup, you better pray we land some more TEs.

            Sanders is as good as any. Should be a solid TE here.
            Looking at his video though I see nothing that says he is a D1 TE, let alone a Miami TE. I'd rather move and develop a high ceiling guy like Ray Ray, Jordan Futch, Tommy Streeter maybe...who knows...any of those guys have a higher ceiling though and that's all that matters to me when projecting HS guys.

            I was very happy when Sanders de-commited because it saves us a spot for an actual impact athlete in the loaded 2010 class, but oh well...if he is going to be a Cane I guess I have to accept it...

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
              Looking at his video though I see nothing that says he is a D1 TE, let alone a Miami TE. I'd rather move and develop a high ceiling guy like Ray Ray, Jordan Futch, Tommy Streeter maybe...who knows...any of those guys have a higher ceiling though and that's all that matters to me when projecting HS guys.

              I was very happy when Sanders de-commited because it saves us a spot for an actual impact athlete in the loaded 2010 class, but oh well...if he is going to be a Cane I guess I have to accept it...
              Joey, Billy Sanders IS Tervaris Johnson

              We are so thin at TE its stupid
              "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

              Comment


              • Originally posted by etk View Post
                http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...ts?eref=fromSI

                This is SI's front page truth & rumors article. lol, it's funny how people don't believe how the media hates Miami. What about UF and them losing all their recruits after winning the NC? These guys aren't going anywhere and it's not news that they're soft verbals.




                OMG....I can't believe my eyes!!!!!!!!!!!

                This whole time I've been afraid to speak up because no one really talks about him...I love Mike James. He could be a great workhorse back for us and he looks like a rich man's Kevin Smith. I definitely agree that he's much better than Miller and deserves 5*, but I don't agree that he's only a tick below Brown. Brown is like a 10* and no one's on his level. I'd be perfectly fine with James as our RB for 3 years though, no question. All this FB talk is driving me crazy because Brown and James could wear defenses down like never before. James is a natural runner and I'm sure he could be an excellent blocker but I'd rather we have a big, stocky monster like Patrick Hill to give us some pop. James' talent would be wasted at FB.

                We need to start a fan club or something. I don't know what Joey doesn't see but James is extremely underrated. Breakaway speed is not everything.
                Hey, you watch your mouth! Nobody measures up to 24K...nobody.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by etk View Post
                  http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...ts?eref=fromSI

                  This is SI's front page truth & rumors article. lol, it's funny how people don't believe how the media hates Miami. What about UF and them losing all their recruits after winning the NC? These guys aren't going anywhere and it's not news that they're soft verbals.




                  OMG....I can't believe my eyes!!!!!!!!!!!

                  This whole time I've been afraid to speak up because no one really talks about him...I love Mike James. He could be a great workhorse back for us and he looks like a rich man's Kevin Smith. I definitely agree that he's much better than Miller and deserves 5*, but I don't agree that he's only a tick below Brown. Brown is like a 10* and no one's on his level. I'd be perfectly fine with James as our RB for 3 years though, no question. All this FB talk is driving me crazy because Brown and James could wear defenses down like never before. James is a natural runner and I'm sure he could be an excellent blocker but I'd rather we have a big, stocky monster like Patrick Hill to give us some pop. James' talent would be wasted at FB.

                  We need to start a fan club or something. I don't know what Joey doesn't see but James is extremely underrated. Breakaway speed is not everything.
                  Much better than Miller, I don't think so.

                  Lamar runs a legit 4.4 and was rated a top 5 inside runner in the nation by Rivals. He's been the best back in Dade for 2 years running now and has been compared to Portis favorably by countless experts.

                  I love Mike James, and he is going to play at Miami and do very well for himself, but it goes 1. Bryce 2. Lamar 3. MJ
                  "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by djp View Post
                    Much better than Miller, I don't think so.

                    Lamar runs a legit 4.4 and was rated a top 5 inside runner in the nation by Rivals. He's been the best back in Dade for 2 years running now and has been compared to Portis favorably by countless experts.

                    I love Mike James, and he is going to play at Miami and do very well for himself, but it goes 1. Bryce 2. Lamar 3. MJ
                    Miller is not my kind of back. I don't like the Portis types. James is flying under the radar right now because he doesn't have the hype that Miller had for 2 years and he's not super fast. I remember when he committed there were a lot of Canes fans who said "Oh no now we don't have room for Miller...what's happening". I though to myself "Lamar Miller who?".

                    The problem with our RBs right now is that Cooper hesitates too much and JJ isn't quick or explosive enough to get through the hole or make a cutback. Mike James keeps his shoulders square to the line, has good feet in the hole and gets downfield in a hurry. He can shoulder the load and pound it for long drives, always falling forward and getting maximum yardage.

                    I refuse to believe the coaches already have him pegged as a #3. That's all rumors based on internet hype. When all the backs arrive and practice, then we'll see who will go where. I trust Whipple to make that decision.

                    No sense in arguing over this though. If James is really good it will be a bonus considering most Canes fans are set on Brown and Miller. Nothing wrong with 3 good RBs.

                    sig by BoneKrusher

                    Comment


                    • Recruiting Question

                      I have a question that I haven't seen discussed: What role is AJ Highsmith going to play at Miami? I can understand him coming to Miami, but where does he project to play? I was under the impression that he was a decent throwing QB, that his strength was running the ball. Does that type of QB project well under WHipple's offense?
                      "No one rises to low expectations." - Mark Whipple

                      Comment


                      • He was old a long, long time ago that he was gonna be a QB here.

                        Hed have to be pretty bad at that to be moved anywhere else and if he was moved it would be to safety where he would ride pine for his entire career.

                        But he has the makings of a solid QB.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by etk View Post
                          Miller is not my kind of back. I don't like the Portis types. James is flying under the radar right now because he doesn't have the hype that Miller had for 2 years and he's not super fast. I remember when he committed there were a lot of Canes fans who said "Oh no now we don't have room for Miller...what's happening". I though to myself "Lamar Miller who?".

                          The problem with our RBs right now is that Cooper hesitates too much and JJ isn't quick or explosive enough to get through the hole or make a cutback. Mike James keeps his shoulders square to the line, has good feet in the hole and gets downfield in a hurry. He can shoulder the load and pound it for long drives, always falling forward and getting maximum yardage.

                          I refuse to believe the coaches already have him pegged as a #3. That's all rumors based on internet hype. When all the backs arrive and practice, then we'll see who will go where. I trust Whipple to make that decision.

                          No sense in arguing over this though. If James is really good it will be a bonus considering most Canes fans are set on Brown and Miller. Nothing wrong with 3 good RBs.
                          You seem to think Lamar Miller is the type who shies away from contact.

                          Portis is one of the most consistent inside runners and best backs in the NFL. Miller is a clone of Portis. There is not much different from Miller and James except Miller is faster and James is a little bigger.
                          "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

                          Comment


                          • I have watched Whipple coach many years at UMASS and met him one time as well. I must say that is a great fricken hire of the Canes.

                            I will be watching them closely this year.

                            GO CANES!
                            my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                            <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                            <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                            Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by djp View Post
                              You seem to think Lamar Miller is the type who shies away from contact.

                              Portis is one of the most consistent inside runners and best backs in the NFL. Miller is a clone of Portis. There is not much different from Miller and James except Miller is faster and James is a little bigger.
                              I never said that. It might "seem" like that's my thought process but it isn't. I just don't like the Miller/Portis types like I like James. It's more than size/speed, it's about running style.

                              sig by BoneKrusher

                              Comment


                              • I know high school to college is hard to compare, like college to the pros. But, who do you recruiting buffs compare Bryce Brown too???
                                Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

                                Sig by, Hitman D

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information