2015 Canes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thebow305 View Post
    I think you need to be a little more optimistic. I'm not saying get your hopes up, but to say he aint coming, period. I mean come on man!
    Oh forgot, u get caught up ina absolutes instead of seeing the gist of my post.

PROBABLY not coming.

Hows that?

Its not optomistic, its realistic. Our headiners are already committed. BTW, It was an opinion, you asked for it. Well IMO he isnt coming.

Comment

• JMO....

Rueben Randle, Andre Debose, Bobby Massie, Marcus Hall, Orson Charles, Sheldon Richardson, Greg Reid, and a few I'm likely missing...

All these guys were rumored to have strong interest at one point, and none of them appear to be signing with us. Either the rumors were BS, we're unlucky, we can't recruit, or some are actually signing. Or a combination of the 4.

We gotta pull someone...right?

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I think the fact that we were even in it for those guys says something about how good we are recruiting. It's not like those guys are from SF and we're letting them get away, we went into other places and had very good chances with a bunch of top players. Randle has some issues that we couldn't do anything about and we were very much in it before that, same with Charles, Massie and Reid seemed like long shots at best, and Debose, Richardson and Hall at worst we're finishing in 2nd, which does us no good but it shows a lot about what Shannon is doing. We are getting 2 top 15 players this year, not like guys are throwing themselves at us and we're blowing it.

That is correct comahan
        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
        <3 dg

Comment

• We didn't even finish in the top 25 and we (in all likelihood) will be bringing in the Top Recruit in the Country. That is saying something.

And like DG said, two of the top 15, that's just ridiculous.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

• Originally posted by etk View Post
            JMO....

Rueben Randle, Andre Debose, Bobby Massie, Marcus Hall, Orson Charles, Sheldon Richardson, Greg Reid, and a few I'm likely missing...

All these guys were rumored to have strong interest at one point, and none of them appear to be signing with us. Either the rumors were BS, we're unlucky, we can't recruit, or some are actually signing. Or a combination of the 4.

We gotta pull someone...right?
            Notice everyone on that list outside of Massie and Charles are staying home.

We didn't lose those kids. They were always leans to other places.

The fact we went to Gator country and pulled Ray Ray, Dye and Jamal Reid basically from the Gators is huge.

We went into NC and pulled Curtis Porter who despite being a 3 star, has a monster offer list.

We took BB from Kansas.

Most of our top level recruits are from other areas. Brandon McGee and Olivier Vernon are the only ones from South Florida. The rest of the South Florida guys are guys like Webster and Wheeler and Plein who are good but more depth/role players (ideally) then headliners.

We have done an excellent job this year.

If we can come away with Sam Barrington, Peter White and Billy Sanders all of whom, I'm expecting, then we seal a top 10 class.

Plus don't rule out us landing at least 1 surprise out of Hall, Richardson, Washington, Reid or Charles. And we are still waiting on Daniel Campbell's grades.

Comment

• Is Orson Charles announcing on signing day? I thought I read somewhere that was going to announce after signing day? This could give us some time to get back in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by tolnaballa View Post
                Is Orson Charles announcing on signing day? I thought I read somewhere that was going to announce after signing day? This could give us some time to get back in it.
                He's announcing after signing day.

Comment

• IF IF IF we can sign a Marcus Hall (still consider it a small chance, but obviously hearing good things) and another lineman like Campbell I put this class right up there with last years, if not better. We so badly were hurting for OL and we filled that need in such an impressive way, I really did not think it could be done in one year. This class was all about getting the big uglies to go with the sick skill players and defense we got last year. We accomplished that PLUS we got the #1 player in the country and the #1 ranked athlete in the country. Guys like RR and Debose were wants, not needs. We will be in a title hunt within a couple years with or without them.

The only thing this class could have used is a pass catching TE (still got a chance for one though) and more importantly I would have loved it if we could have pulled a highly rated cornerback from somewhere. Our depth chart would have given the right corner immediate playing time.

Now NEXT year's class with how deep South Florida is and recruits starting to see us turn around will be the one IMO that puts us right back to where the U should be year in and year out. 2010 has a chance to be Shannon's best class yet and that's saying a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
                    Notice everyone on that list outside of Massie and Charles are staying home.

We didn't lose those kids. They were always leans to other places.

The fact we went to Gator country and pulled Ray Ray, Dye and Jamal Reid basically from the Gators is huge.

We went into NC and pulled Curtis Porter who despite being a 3 star, has a monster offer list.

We took BB from Kansas.

Most of our top level recruits are from other areas. Brandon McGee and Olivier Vernon are the only ones from South Florida. The rest of the South Florida guys are guys like Webster and Wheeler and Plein who are good but more depth/role players (ideally) then headliners.

We have done an excellent job this year.

If we can come away with Sam Barrington, Peter White and Billy Sanders all of whom, I'm expecting, then we seal a top 10 class.

Plus don't rule out us landing at least 1 surprise out of Hall, Richardson, Washington, Reid or Charles. And we are still waiting on Daniel Campbell's grades.
                    I love you guys took my post into a debate about how good our class is and whether we recruited well or not. I'm very happy with our class, I was merely stating that we're in on a lot of big names and it would be strange if we barely missed on all of them. I'm expecting a surprise....landing any 1 indivdual surprise is a surprise in itself, while getting no surprises would be a surprise.

The only player I feel we really missed out on and should've hit was Charles, but that's only if the rumors are true about him reconsidering us. Plus there's still a shot with him if he waits til after NSD. IDC about the guys who stayed home and Massie....those were uphill battles.

We only have 2 commits from the actual city of Miami (Webster & Miller). The fact that we even have a top 10 class is remarkable. I just wanna see us finish strong.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• This is a really important class for Shannon because undoubtedly 2009 was going to be a dropoff for South Florida recruits due to last year's and next year's classes. The fact that he was still able to put up a top class with kids outside the usual feeding grounds is something not to ignore.
                      "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Also, etk, Vernon is from Miami as well.
                        "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
                          Also, etk, Vernon is from Miami as well.
                          Hialeah. I know what you mean, but that's right off of scout.com.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I'm expecting a surprise....landing any 1 indivdual surprise is a surprise in itself, while getting no surprises would be a surprise.
                            So basically you are guaranteed to get a nice surprise, lol.

We only have 2 commits from the actual city of Miami (Webster & Miller). The fact that we even have a top 10 class is remarkable. I just wanna see us finish strong.
                            Wow, I never did notice that before but you're right...counting Vernon we only have three guys from Dade County in this class...as djp said...it is pretty remarkable that we are going to end with a top ten class.

BTW for some reason I still feel good about Charles. I mean, he is a Cane fan, I think he was a Cane all the way until the Marve situation and now we offer just about immediate playing time for a pass catching TE. It's too good of a situation to pass up just because of a guy he isn't that close to and even if he was so what??

Comment

• Charles is gone at this point.

From what I can tell, he call us up. Our staffs kinda put him on the backburner a little behind some other targets because of the HS coach and he ended up being even less interested after his UGA visit.

Comment

• How can we put Orson Charles on the backburner? The guy is ridiculously talented and we need him bad.....ugh.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information