Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the interview, at 7:00 in

http://www.wqam.com/index.php?page=3...a9n5eti79ms532

scroll just past about 1/3 down on the player and you can find it, 1-28 is the date

Comment

• Originally posted by thebow305 View Post
      Before his season ending injury, Courtney Harris would have started for us last year and looked like one of the most promising players on our D. He is one of the more experienced players and I expect a big role for him this season.

Hey joey, so you think Telemaque is expected to start? What about Holton? Is he in the mix at all? And what is going to happen with Randy Phillips?
      I don't put much faith into players returning from injury like that. I'll believe it when I see it with him and Randy Phillips. If they can contribute like Cook did this year I'll be happy, but we have other guys.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Before his season ending injury, Courtney Harris would have started for us last year and looked like one of the most promising players on our D. He is one of the more experienced players and I expect a big role for him this season.

Hey joey, so you think Telemaque is expected to start? What about Holton? Is he in the mix at all? And what is going to happen with Randy Phillips?
        -Courtney Harris was only getting a chance to start temporarily because Bailey and Moncur were out with injuries. He would have started opposite Ojomo and lost his job as soon as Marcus Robinson was ready.Harris has no future here. Our DE rotation is set with Bailey, Robinson, Ojomo, Wesley, Smith, Hardin and the incoming freshmen like Dye and Vernon. No need to waste any PT on Harris, use the very minimal time he would have gotten to develop the young guys.

-No one is expected to start anywhere at this point. They force everyone to compete. But they did say Telemaque was on pace to replace Reddick in the starting lineup as soon as game 4 last season in not for the injury. Nothing performance wise has caused that notice to change from my understanding so IMO he will get a good shot to start game 1.

-Randy Phillips (and Eric Moncur) have both applied for medical redshirts. Phillips was expected one last I heard. No word on Moncur yet. He was thinking of just going on to the NFL.

-CJ Holton will likely be a top backup and ST player until next season.

Here's my opinion on the depth chart for next season:

QB- Jacory Harris, Taylor Cook
        RB- Craig Cooper, Lee Chambers, Javarris James
        FB- Patrick Hill
        WR1- Aldarius Johnson, Sam Shields, Tommy Streeter
        WR2- Travis Benjamin, LaRon Byrd, Leonard Hankerson
        WRslot- Theron Collier, Kendall Thompkins, Davon Johnson
        TE- Dedrick Epps (when he returns), Richard Gordon, Jordan Futch
        LT- Jason Fox, Matt Pipho
        LG- Brandon Washington, Tyler Horn
        C- AJ Trump, Harland Gunn
        RG- Joel Figeroa, Jared Wheeler
        RT- Orlando Franklin, Chris Barney

DE- Allen Bailey, Steve Wesley, Gavin Hardin
        DE- Marcus Robinson, Adewale Ojomo, Andrew Smith
        DT- Marcus Forston, Micanor Regis, Chaz Washington
        DT- Josh Holmes, Joe Joseph, Jeremey Lewis
        OLB- Colin McCarthy, Arthur Brown
        MLB- Darryl Sharpton, Ray Ray Armstrong
        OLB- Sean Spence, Ramon Buchanan
        CB- Brandon Harris, Brandon McGee
        CB- DeMarcus Van Dyke, Chavez Grant, Kayvon Webster
        FS- Vaughn Telemaque, Ryan Hill
        SS- JoJo Nicolas, Randy Phillips, CJ Holton

Comment

• Can't disagree with those lineups. I think Grant will start over DVD but that one could go either way.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Ray Ray is projected to play ILB?

Comment

• Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
              Ray Ray is projected to play ILB?
              We are gonna start him at Safety but hes expected to move to LB within the year and at his size and athletism, MLB makes the most sense.

But its just an educated opinion.

Comment

• Spence, Ray Ray and Brown

Oh man. The LB core in a year or two is going to be ridiculously athletic. It's gonna be scary.
                Last edited by TACKLE; 02-03-2009, 11:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
                  We are gonna start him at Safety but hes expected to move to LB within the year and at his size and athletism, MLB makes the most sense.

I was thinking OLB or TE, but you know 100x more than I do when it comes to this topic so I'll take your word. At MLB while he is heavy, he would still need to add more weight to his frame and become stout. From what I've seen (from his highlights) he's a tall guy who looks "bigger" than his listed height and weight (well his legs anyway). His speed and range would be good on the outside where he'd be able to use his length to stop people sideline to sideline (IMO).

Comment

Antrel Rolle's dad is a police officer. He is one of the more stand up kids to come thru here.

I'm pretty sure your smart enough to tell he's just messing around.
                    Wasn't Rolle arrested for punching a police officer when he was at Miami?
                    Drink apple juice, cause OJ will kill you.

Comment

Arthur Brown or Sean Spence make more sense at MLB. Armstrong is an OLB or rush DE (don't really need him there) if he stays on D.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokie_Pokie08 View Post
                        Wasn't Rolle arrested for punching a police officer when he was at Miami?
                        I don't remember all the details, but it was right before the NFL draft when he was about to be a top 10 pick and there was some jealousy issues and stuff and he was basically targetted by some cops that didn't like him or his family.

He was cleared of any wrongdoing.

One of those cases of players being targets.

Comment

• That was also a case of mistaken identity. Nothing to that at all. I believe he and his father won a lawsuit against the cops who "arrested" him.
                          "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by etk View Post
                            Arthur Brown or Sean Spence make more sense at MLB. Armstrong is an OLB or rush DE (don't really need him there) if he stays on D.
                            I think he could stick at MLB.

Hes got the frame for it and he sticks his nose in the action very well.

I never saw the Arthur Brown or Sean Spence to MLB talk. They are typical Miami OLBs all the way.

Ray Ray looks better inside to me. He runs and hits well enough for it and his size is a better fit there.

Not to mention, we dont need him at OLB. Brown, Spence, Futch, Buchanan are all OLBs.

Comment

-Courtney Harris was only getting a chance to start temporarily because Bailey and Moncur were out with injuries. He would have started opposite Ojomo and lost his job as soon as Marcus Robinson was ready.Harris has no future here. Our DE rotation is set with Bailey, Robinson, Ojomo, Wesley, Smith, Hardin and the incoming freshmen like Dye and Vernon. No need to waste any PT on Harris, use the very minimal time he would have gotten to develop the young guys.

-No one is expected to start anywhere at this point. They force everyone to compete. But they did say Telemaque was on pace to replace Reddick in the starting lineup as soon as game 4 last season in not for the injury. Nothing performance wise has caused that notice to change from my understanding so IMO he will get a good shot to start game 1.

-Randy Phillips (and Eric Moncur) have both applied for medical redshirts. Phillips was expected one last I heard. No word on Moncur yet. He was thinking of just going on to the NFL.

-CJ Holton will likely be a top backup and ST player until next season.

Here's my opinion on the depth chart for next season:

QB- Jacory Harris, Taylor Cook
                              RB- Craig Cooper, Lee Chambers, Javarris James
                              FB- Patrick Hill
                              WR1- Aldarius Johnson, Sam Shields, Tommy Streeter
                              WR2- Travis Benjamin, LaRon Byrd, Leonard Hankerson
                              WRslot- Theron Collier, Kendall Thompkins, Davon Johnson
                              TE- Dedrick Epps (when he returns), Richard Gordon, Jordan Futch
                              LT- Jason Fox, Matt Pipho
                              LG- Brandon Washington, Tyler Horn
                              C- AJ Trump, Harland Gunn
                              RG- Joel Figeroa, Jared Wheeler
                              RT- Orlando Franklin, Chris Barney

DE- Allen Bailey, Steve Wesley, Gavin Hardin
                              DE- Marcus Robinson, Adewale Ojomo, Andrew Smith
                              DT- Marcus Forston, Micanor Regis, Chaz Washington
                              DT- Josh Holmes, Joe Joseph, Jeremey Lewis
                              OLB- Colin McCarthy, Arthur Brown
                              MLB- Darryl Sharpton, Ray Ray Armstrong
                              OLB- Sean Spence, Ramon Buchanan
                              CB- Brandon Harris, Brandon McGee
                              CB- DeMarcus Van Dyke, Chavez Grant, Kayvon Webster
                              FS- Vaughn Telemaque, Ryan Hill
                              SS- JoJo Nicolas, Randy Phillips, CJ Holton
                              Just a questions here with that lineup for me...

I know they were talking about Futch to TE when he was being recruited, but is that really going to happen now? Is Holmes really going to start, because that worries me a bit. I like DVD alot, but I'm not sure he starts over that bum Grant, even though I would love that. Wouldn't Phillips get the nod at SS? I know Nicolas started last year, but he wasn't all that spectacular, while Phillips is a All-American calibre Safety IMO. And I HATE Ray Ray as a MLB. I think that would be a tremendous waste of his talents and would limit him greatly IMO. He belongs at either safety or OLB, bottom line.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Just a questions here with that lineup for me...

I know they were talking about Futch to TE when he was being recruited, but is that really going to happen now? Is Holmes really going to start, because that worries me a bit. I like DVD alot, but I'm not sure he starts over that bum Grant, even though I would love that. Wouldn't Phillips get the nod at SS? I know Nicolas started last year, but he wasn't all that spectacular, while Phillips is a All-American calibre Safety IMO. And I HATE Ray Ray as a MLB. I think that would be a tremendous waste of his talents and would limit him greatly IMO. He belongs at either safety or OLB, bottom line.
                                -The Futch to TE talk isn't just during and after his recruitment. It's been going on all year. Coaches aren't sure if he can bulk up enough to play LB. He's struggling with that.

-Your worried about Holmes starting? Really? He played better then just about any DT on the roster not named Forston when he was finally right last season. He is an injury prone guy for sure but he has alot more talent then Washington and Joseph. Plus I seriously doubt Regis is getting the nod this soon. Holmes there is the right choice IMO.

-Phillips is coming off a nasty season ending injury. He's a question mark. You can't put him into the starting lineup because you have no idea what you will get from him. Have to work him in slowly. Besides, if you thought he was an AA last year before the injury, you are blind.

-Disagree on Ray Ray. I think he's the best suited LB we have to play MLB. The rest are classic OLBs. Ray Ray isn't. He's got height, a good frame for bulk, he's super fast and he's versatile enough to cover backs and especially the QB runs (which Cook sucked at). He's a great fit at MLB IMO. I think the Ray Ray safety talk is getting ridiculous. Rivals bumped him to 13 because he's gonna be a LB at the next level and LBs hold alot more value then safeties. We have a million guys that can play safety. Millions. Holton, Maque, Kent, Webster, Wylie are all freshmen. Then we got Phillips, Nicolas as upperclassmen. We don't need Ray Ray there. We need him at LB where we are pretty thin.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information