No announcement yet.

2015 Canes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you guys convince a guy like Gore to come in after just pulling those three backs this season? That's rediculous.

Same thing I wondered with USC-W's tailback situation I guess. I just don't get some of these kids choices.
    Virginia Tech.
    ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• I agree that Gainer is the best RB from Dade, but isn't he the only one of the "main 4" that we haven't offered yet? Gore, Clements and Bernard have offers already.

Also, what about Jeffrey Godfrey? He's in the same mold as Highsmith, but put up similar numbers in his Jr. year to Highsmith's Sr. year. Is he a backup plan to Bell or are we looking at more than 1 QB?

BamaFalcon: Gore is Frank's cousin and grew up a UM fan, like most of our commits. Being part of the family is more important than PT. I don't think Gore is anywhere near as good as Brown, Miller or James but he can compete.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
        How do you guys convince a guy like Gore to come in after just pulling those three backs this season? That's rediculous.

Same thing I wondered with USC-W's tailback situation I guess. I just don't get some of these kids choices.
        We're The U.

Comment

• <---- not a fan of Jose Jose either. He has to lose an entire 16 year old girl and keep it off in order to be effective and who knows what will happen when/if he can accomplish that?

Comment

• Originally posted by etk View Post
            BamaFalcon: Gore is Frank's cousin and grew up a UM fan, like most of our commits. Being part of the family is more important than PT. I don't think Gore is anywhere near as good as Brown, Miller or James but he can compete.
            Don't sleep on Gore. He has small yes, but he has some serious cuts+speed and I guarantee he will make a large impact at Miami.

Sort of reminds of the Sinorice Moss situation when everyone was saying we were only taking him because of his bro and he wasn't Miami material...

EDIT: Also, I realize you are not saying he isn't Miami material, etk, just that some people are...wasn't calling you out on it. He is a much different back than the 3 (or two) we are bringing in, so I can't compare them like you did, but I do think he is a high quality player that will produce.
            Last edited by Hollywood; 02-05-2009, 12:49 PM.

Comment

• I just watched some Gerald Christian video for the first time, what a beast! Better looking TE prospect than Orson Charles. With our depth chart and TE legacy I hope we can pull him. What a get he would be, could have an impact his freshman year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                Don't sleep on Gore. He has small yes, but he has some serious cuts+speed and I guarantee he will make a large impact at Miami.

Sort of reminds of the Sinorice Moss situation when everyone was saying we were only taking him because of his bro and he wasn't Miami material...

EDIT: Also, I realize you are not saying he isn't Miami material, etk, just that some people are...wasn't calling you out on it. He is a much different back than the 3 (or two) we are bringing in, so I can't compare them like you did, but I do think he is a high quality player that will produce.
                It's cool bro. I wasn't saying we shouldn't take him, but I think you know that anyway. All I meant was that he's not as good as Brown, James and Miller....those 3 are beasts.

I like that he brings something different to the table, but he's not as fast and explosive as I'd like for a smaller back. He will definitely have a role and produce tho...

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Joe Wylie to LB.

Steven Wesley to TE.

Comment

• I still can't believe they choked away the bowl game....makes me feel better about Utah

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
                      Joe Wylie to LB.

Steven Wesley to TE.
                      Both are what....4th string? Wesley could see PT as a blocker though.

This must mean Harris is healthy and Bailey is staying at DE...?

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Even without Harris we have 8 DEs with the Wesley switch. I liked Wesley at DE but we need bodies at TE.

That is correct comahan
                        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                        <3 dg

Comment

• Also forgot about Moncur....nevermind what I said. Bailey could still end up at DT and probably should.

Harris shouldn't see the field much.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I think Shannon (might have been another coach) said he won't move to DT unless he gets to like 320. I think he stays in the same role he was in this year, just with more PT.

That is correct comahan
                            I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                            <3 dg

Comment

• Originally posted by etk View Post
                              Both are what....4th string? Wesley could see PT as a blocker though.

This must mean Harris is healthy and Bailey is staying at DE...?
                              Wylie got potential.

Not expecting much this year but by the time hes a JR he could be a real player for us.

Comment

• I've heard Wiley got completely jacked up which was pretty unexpected. Can't say I'm disappointed though as I wasn't impressed with him as a safety prospect. I hope he is friends with Demar Dorsey too...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information