No announcement yet.

2015 Canes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any talk of Jordan Futch or Taylor Cook being moved to TE. I remember a while back there was talk that both these two could be TE's in the end. Both play positions that we lack depth in so I am sure not.

Comment

• Originally posted by tolnaballa View Post
      Is there any talk of Jordan Futch or Taylor Cook being moved to TE. I remember a while back there was talk that both these two could be TE's in the end. Both play positions that we lack depth in so I am sure not.
      No way Cook moves as he is our second string QB right now. Futch I could see and Steven Wesley has already moved from DE to TE.

Comment

• Cook has looked real good during practices at QB. Staff is pretty high on him. No reason to move him anywhere. He is the main backup. He will see some PT during the year in mop up to get some game action.

Steve Wesley has already moved to TE from my understanding.

I'd rather see Futch stay at LB. We are thin there as well and thats where he best projects. Gonna take him awhile tho. He's struggling to gain weight. But move him from LB and we'd only have Spence, Cookie, Arthur, and Cracker. (not counting Sharpton, he's a liability, not an asset). That is not a good situation to be in considering Arthur struggled with technique all last year and Cookie still hasnt bulked up enough last I heard. The more options we have there the better off we will be.

Epps should be back around the begining of the season. I think a rotation of Gordon, Wesley and Sanders can hold the fort until Epps gets back. We should be fine for now. Next season is the real problem. We need 3 stud TEs in the next class and 2 that can play right away.

Comment

• Looks like Lovett is the guy at DC.

Not the sexy hire that I thought would instantly put us over the top.

But not bad either. Best I can say about it is solid. I guess given the little amount of money we had to offer, I can't complain.

He has been around, run some good defenses at big time schools before and his works at UNC certainly wasn't bad. Well see. Don't need to reinvent the wheel to win with our guys on defense. Just be smart about what you are doing.

Comment

• Hey I have been hearing that we might sign Daniel Campbell and Tevin McCaskill n here after signing day. Has anyone been hearing anything on either of these two prospects. Daniel Campbell would be really nice addition to the class. McCaskill could fill Webster's vacancy in the class.

Comment

• Originally posted by tolnaballa View Post
              Hey I have been hearing that we might sign Daniel Campbell and Tevin McCaskill n here after signing day. Has anyone been hearing anything on either of these two prospects. Daniel Campbell would be really nice addition to the class. McCaskill could fill Webster's vacancy in the class.
              Campbell doesn't have the grades to get in anywhere.

McCaskill was never getting an offer. Coaches don't want him. Be shocked if they changed their mind just because the 4th CB in our class left at the last minute.

Only guy left out there is Bryce.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
                Looks like Lovett is the guy at DC.

Not the sexy hire that I thought would instantly put us over the top.

But not bad either. Best I can say about it is solid. I guess given the little amount of money we had to offer, I can't complain.

He has been around, run some good defenses at big time schools before and his works at UNC certainly wasn't bad. Well see. Don't need to reinvent the wheel to win with our guys on defense. Just be smart about what you are doing.
                The thing I like about Lovett are his two strengths are DBs and Special Teams. Let him be a puppet and run Randy's D but really concentrate and coach up those two positions. What's the word on him as a recruiter?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                  The thing I like about Lovett are his two strengths are DBs and Special Teams. Let him be a puppet and run Randy's D but really concentrate and coach up those two positions. What's the word on him as a recruiter?
                  Dont buy that whole puppet angle those morons on Canesports are selling.

You dont hire a DC to be a puppet.

If Randy wanted to run the defense he would have just ran it himself and let Barrow overlook the rest of the little things that Randy wouldnt need to be micromanaging. He wouldnt have gone out and interviewed people to bring in as a DC to be a puppet.

Dont go down to the level of those morons Hollywood. They have no idea what they are talking about.

Havent heard about Lovett being a recruiter. But Randy typically doesnt care about that, he wants good Coordinators. Hurtt is our recruiter. As long as he and Barrow are here, you dont need to worry about recruiting.

Comment

• BTW...Lovetts strength being at ST means nothing. He is our DC, will have zero impact on ST. We already have a ST coach, who I think has actualy been slowly turning into a great hire considering our lack of depth usually shows the most on ST.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
                      Dont buy that whole puppet angle those morons on Canesports are selling.

You dont hire a DC to be a puppet.

If Randy wanted to run the defense he would have just ran it himself and let Barrow overlook the rest of the little things that Randy wouldnt need to be micromanaging. He wouldnt have gone out and interviewed people to bring in as a DC to be a puppet.

Dont go down to the level of those morons Hollywood. They have no idea what they are talking about.

Havent heard about Lovett being a recruiter. But Randy typically doesnt care about that, he wants good Coordinators. Hurtt is our recruiter. As long as he and Barrow are here, you dont need to worry about recruiting.
                      You're so right about Rivals. It really is one of the worse MB I've ever come across, maybe 2 out of 100 will have good info.

Puppet was a poor choice of words on my part, but I do think Lovett having so much experience working with different head coaches and defensive coordinators that he is the right kind of guy to implement the type of defense that Shannon wants to run. Based on him working with CTT and Butch I am guessing he knows how to work with a head coach that has their own strong ideas about what the defense should look like, and that cannot be overlooked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                        You're so right about Rivals. It really is one of the worse MB I've ever come across, maybe 2 out of 100 will have good info.

Puppet was a poor choice of words on my part, but I do think Lovett having so much experience working with different head coaches and defensive coordinators that he is the right kind of guy to implement the type of defense that Shannon wants to run. Based on him working with CTT and Butch I am guessing he knows how to work with a head coach that has their own strong ideas about what the defense should look like, and that cannot be overlooked.
                        Well seeing as Butch, TT and Randy all run similar defenses theres why Randy hired the guy.

But Randy isnt running the defense, he doesnt want to. He just hired a guy that runs the type of defense he wants to run and he'll let the guy go to work.

Randy isnt a guy that get in the way of his coordinators or tells them how to do their job. He does his job and allows them to do theirs, all the other crap about him meddling is idiot posters on Canesport spreading rumors.

I mean have you seen that corvette guy. People actually buy that hes an insider. Morons, that guy doesnt know ish.

Comment

• Real disapointed based on his stats. Im not going to judge him until I see him in action but dam. I liked the Ken Norton rumor, especially how good of a recruiter he is in the state of Cali., and how many 1st round LB's he developed. I guess this is all the money we had. I know Randy didnt want to do the job, but Id feel a lot more confident if he did.

Here are his defenses' stats.

Rush Pass Eff Total Scoring TO
                          Auburn
                          1999 15 45 55 33 22
                          2000 15 46 14 28 58
                          2001 42 47 39 48 57

Clemson
                          2002 60 62 48 62 52
                          2003 35 36 29 20 43
                          2004 41 11 26 29 100

Comment

• Bryce Brown set his announcement date for March 12. Seen it on rivals site.

Comment

• I can't wait for OU/Miami. My Miami friend keeps saying "win a BCS bowl game" and I keep telling him "win your conference". :)

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• Originally posted by nrk View Post
                                I can't wait for OU/Miami. My Miami friend keeps saying "win a BCS bowl game" and I keep telling him "win your conference". :)
                                If it's anything like the last game we played vs OU, I'll have to say I'm not looking forward to it.

However, I think we'll be much more competitive than we were when we traveled to Norman.
                                "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information