No announcement yet.

2015 Canes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm hoping Epps can blow up this year with a real coordinator actually using him and that will help us pull a top guy like Christian or someone else.

That is correct comahan
    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
    <3 dg

Comment

• Can any of you guys fill me in with palm beach prospect Latarian Milton? He's a rare talent at DT, and his short stature helps him get great leverage. Heard alot of the local schools are afraid to recruit him because of his "character issues" and off field problems.

what do you guys think?

Comment

• Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
        Can any of you guys fill me in with palm beach prospect Latarian Milton? He's a rare talent at DT, and his short stature helps him get great leverage. Heard alot of the local schools are afraid to recruit him because of his "character issues" and off field problems.

what do you guys think?
        It's actually a backwards situation where he wants to stay close to home but his grandma wants him to leave the state. I have heard rumors thru the grapevine though that LSU leads because they are offering him a new SUV. Shameful ******* school how they get away with this all the time.

Also watch out for Buffalo, they are the darkhorse here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
          It's actually a backwards situation where he wants to stay close to home but his grandma wants him to leave the state. I have heard rumors thru the grapevine though that LSU leads because they are offering him a new SUV. Shameful ******* school how they get away with this all the time.

Also watch out for Buffalo, they are the darkhorse here.

I highly doubt that, from what I've heard Latarian likes to do hoodrat stuff with his friends. I can't see a realistic situation where he'd be able to continue this....but the one thing keeping Buffalo in the picture is the delecious wings in the area. In one of the more recent videos Latarian commented on how chicken wings will play a major factor in his recruitment.

I've heard that Urban has already offered wings and told latarian that he would'nt have to lose any weight. Personally it sounds like bull, but that's CUM for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
            I only really listen to Ozzie, I PHI, BMW and 1 or 2 others.

The rest are a joke. Ferman bans anyone that is legit. Shodell isn't bad tho.

Other then that, the site has turned into a clown car.
            Yeah, Rivals and Scout messageboards have the most worthless posters on the face of the earth. It's not just the U fans on there.

Comment

• Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
              I highly doubt that, from what I've heard Latarian likes to do hoodrat stuff with his friends. I can't see a realistic situation where he'd be able to continue this....but the one thing keeping Buffalo in the picture is the delecious wings in the area. In one of the more recent videos Latarian commented on how chicken wings will play a major factor in his recruitment.

I've heard that Urban has already offered wings and told latarian that he would'nt have to lose any weight. Personally it sounds like bull, but that's CUM for you.
              Cum guaranteed him immediate driving time though in his SUV.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
                Just updating my class prediction as of right now. Obviously this is very fluid. The ranking are just an educated guess by me and aren't based on any specific site.

QB- Jeffery Godfrey, Miami (FL) Central (4*)
                RB- Jahkari Gore, Miami (FL) Columbus (4* Rivals100)
                RB- Eduardo Clements, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington (4* Rivals100)
                WR- Ivan McCartney, Miramar (FL) Miramar (4* Rivals 250)
                WR- Michael Lee Harris, Miami (FL) Northwestern (3*)
                WR- Quinton Dunbar, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington (4*)
                TE- Zach Allen, Pahokee (FL) Pahokee (3*)
                TE- Lynden Trail, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington (4* Rivals250)
                TE- Charles Fashaw, Miami (FL) Northwestern (3*)
                OL- Shane McDermott, Wellington (FL) Palm Beach Central (3*)
                OL- Brandon Linder, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (4* Rivals100)
                OL- Torrian Wilson, Miami (FL) Northwestern (4* Rivals 250)
                OL- Jose Jose, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington (3*)
                OL- Tavadis Glenn, Jacksonville (FL) Terry Parker (5* Rivals100)

DT- Todd Chandler, Miami (FL) Northwestern (4* Rivals100)
                DT- Louis Nix, Jacksonville (FL) Raines HS (5* Rivals100)

DE-Corey Lemonier, Hialeah (FL) Hialeah (4*)
                LB- Alec Olgetree, Newnan (GA) Newnan (5* Rivals100)
                LB- Jeff Luc, Port Saint Lucie (FL) Treasure Coast (4*)
                LB- Tyrone Cornelius, Stone Mountain (GA) Stephenson (3*)
                CB- Cody Riggs, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (4*)
                CB- Khalil Marshall, Miami (FL) Northwestern (3*)
                CB- Dior Mathis, Detroit (MI) Cass Tech (4* Rivals250)
                S- Brian Robinson, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (3*)
                K- Oscar Diaz, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington (3*)

For those counting that would shape up in the area of 3 5* kids, 13 4* kids, and 9 3* kids. That would be a top 3 class in all likelyhood.

Here are the other top targets from what I can gather:
                QB- Blake Bell, Wichita (KS) Bishop Carroll (4* Rivals100)
                RB- Giovanni Bernard, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (4* Rivals250)
                WR- De’Joshua Johnson, Pahokee (FL) Pahokee (4* Rivals100)
                WR- Tai-ler Jones, Gainesville (GA) Gainesville (5* Rivals100)
                TE-Kevin Haplea, Annandale (NJ) North Hunterdon Reg (3*)
                TE- Gerald Christian, West Palm Beach (FL) Dwyer (4* Rivals100)
                OL- Robert Crisp, Chapel Hill (NC) Chapel Hill (4* Rivals100)
                OL- Jonathan Ragoo, Opa Locka (FL) Monsignor Pace (3*)
                DE- Ego Ferguson, Frederick (MD) St John’s Catholic Prep (5* Rivals100)
                LB- Christian Jones, Winter Park (FL) Lake Howell (4*)
                LB- Rashad Gaitor, Miami (FL) Northwestern (3*)
                LB- Brandon Smith, Columbus (GA) Carver (3*)
                CB- LeMarcus Joyner, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (5* Rivals100)
                CB- Terrence Brooks, Dunnellon (FL) Dunnellon (3*)
                CB- Joseph Randle, Wichita (KS) Wichita Southeast (4* Rivals250)
                S- Demar Dorsey, Lauderdale Lakes (FL) Boyd Anderson (4* Rivals250)
                K- Mike Palardy, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (2*)

I'll post some of these throughout the year just to keep the discussion going.

Very Florida heavy if you guys didn't notice.
                Good post. This is about what I expected except maybe 1-2 players. I don't expect it to be very fluid (compared to usual) because it seems like we have a lot of heavy leans/easy gets in this class at each position. My concern is the CB position, same as you. I was putting together one of these with the guys we likely lead for and CB was difficult to address.

I'm kind of surprised that you've taken a step back with the STA kids. I thought you had us signing a bunch of them.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by etk View Post
                  Good post. This is about what I expected except maybe 1-2 players. I don't expect it to be very fluid (compared to usual) because it seems like we have a lot of heavy leans/easy gets in this class at each position. My concern is the CB position, same as you. I was putting together one of these with the guys we likely lead for and CB was difficult to address.

I'm kind of surprised that you've taken a step back with the STA kids. I thought you had us signing a bunch of them.
                  We just have never really recruited well in that area. We whiffed so hard on Major Wright and the STA o-lineman, but that was more Coker's fault for going national than anything else.

We will see, but STA kids don't really have anyone pushing them towards a certain school (even though I don't like their coach) like the kids in inner city Miami do.
                  "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post

We will see, but STA kids don't really have anyone pushing them towards a certain school (even though I don't like their coach) like the kids in inner city Miami do.

Why don't you like their coach? He is actually very close to Randy Shannon and does what a coach should do: Coach them up and not push them toward any one school.

Comment

Why don't you like their coach? He is actually very close to Randy Shannon and does what a coach should do: Coach them up and not push them toward any one school.
                      That's not what I don't like about him, he's a great coach, and I like that he doesn't push players to certain schools, but I've heard that he is just a dickhead all around and recruits players to come to his school.. I know it's STA, but I just think it's a little shady when he tries to stack his team every year. This is all secondhand knowledge, so I could be wrong.

Also part of that is just the lack of success that we've had there.
                      "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by etk View Post

I have us signing 3. That's a big haul to get from just 1 school.

Comment

That's not what I don't like about him, he's a great coach, and I like that he doesn't push players to certain schools, but I've heard that he is just a dickhead all around and recruits players to come to his school.. I know it's STA, but I just think it's a little shady when he tries to stack his team every year. This is all secondhand knowledge, so I could be wrong.

Also part of that is just the lack of success that we've had there.
                          He does look like a dickhead and he does recruit players lol. He is a damn good coach (I think his name is George Smith, btw) though.

Comment

He does look like a dickhead and he does recruit players lol. He is a damn good coach (I think his name is George Smith, btw) though.
                            Yeah, I know, I mean, Randy Shannon is a dickhead but you don't hear me complaining about him (but if we have terrible clock management and seniors who don't belong on the field playing over younger players who are clearly superior, you will)

I've said it once, and I'll say it again, we will be national championship contenders with Randy Shannon's players regardless if he is the head coach or not.

If Shannon is fired after this season, the next coach is going to be amazed at the chips we have stacked (excuse the terrible CaneSport reference) over the past 2-3 years. ESPECIALLY after this mammoth class comes in.

Comment

• My early record prediction for next season is 8-4, btw.

I think we go 2-2 to start the season then slip up like we have been the past 4-5 years once we rip off 5-6 wins in a row.

Comment

My early record prediction for next season is 8-4, btw.

I think we go 2-2 to start the season then slip up like we have been the past 4-5 years once we rip off 5-6 wins in a row.
                                If we stay healthy I say we go (at least) 10-2 and win the ACC. I also think we will beat Oklahoma.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information