Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2015 Canes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by djp View Post
    Too little production and too bad in the 2nd halves of games where he did produce. He just cannot take the beating right now. Supposedly he's gained another 10 pounds and is up to 200lbs flat, which is funny considering everyone was claiming he was 2 bills last year.
    Not to mention Coop has never ran better then a mid 4.4 at Miami.

    Why would we think hes suddenly gonna go to the combine a break off a 4.3?

    But Im pretty sure he said last year he was up to 200 and this year hes looking to get to 207.

    Side note, Cody Riggs named FSU and ND his leaders.

    CB recruiting is scaring me. We need 3 of Joyner, Marshall, Brooks, Randle, Riggs, Jones or Mathis. Not seeing it. Only Miami lea is Marshall who doesnt have an offer and who I wouldnt want as more then our 3rd CB in this class.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by djp View Post
      Too little production and too bad in the 2nd halves of games where he did produce. He just cannot take the beating right now. Supposedly he's gained another 10 pounds and is up to 200lbs flat, which is funny considering everyone was claiming he was 2 bills last year.
      Coop was 2 bills last season. Like Joey said, he is looking to play this season between 205-210.

      Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

      Comment


      • Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post

        CB recruiting is scaring me. We need 3 of Joyner, Marshall, Brooks, Randle, Riggs, Jones or Mathis. Not seeing it. Only Miami lea is Marshall who doesnt have an offer and who I wouldnt want as more then our 3rd CB in this class.

        I've been worried about CB recruiting the last 2 seasons, though not as much this season. I think with how ridiculously deep South Florida and other parts of the country are this year some names are going to pop up on the radar on corner that we were not expecting but will look like absolute stud play makers.

        Look at a guy like Nickell Robey as an example, yes he is small and we may not recruit him, but any other year he would be a top corner in the nation instead of the B level guy he is for the state schools right now. We will get ours...

        Comment


        • Also just to bring back a topic we were talking about earlier, I heard recently that we have definitely not offered Jose Jose. I'm pretty happy about this as I think he may be overrated due to his size.

          Anyone going to the scrimmage at Traz tonight btw? I was going to go but came down w/ a nasty fever 2 nights ago. Feeling better now and may possibly still go but I doubt it, nowhere near 100% yet...

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
            Also just to bring back a topic we were talking about earlier, I heard recently that we have definitely not offered Jose Jose. I'm pretty happy about this as I think he may be overrated due to his size.

            Anyone going to the scrimmage at Traz tonight btw? I was going to go but came down w/ a nasty fever 2 nights ago. Feeling better now and may possibly still go but I doubt it, nowhere near 100% yet...
            Was thinking about it. But got alot of friends in town for Spring Break from FSU and UF so I'm going to the grove with them. Might run into some of the players there with recruits after the scrimmage.

            I think Jose's spot is slowly getting taken by Ragoo. But I'm not too happy about that.

            The 5 OL I want most are Linder, Wilson, Washington, Glenn and Jose. Obviously we already got McDermott tho so one spot gets taken and I'd rather it be Jose then the others. I'm definately expecting Linder, Wilson and Glenn tho. Surprisingly crunched for numbers at OL this year. Who knew we'd be turning people down.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
              Was thinking about it. But got alot of friends in town for Spring Break from FSU and UF so I'm going to the grove with them. Might run into some of the players there with recruits after the scrimmage.

              I think Jose's spot is slowly getting taken by Ragoo. But I'm not too happy about that.

              The 5 OL I want most are Linder, Wilson, Washington, Glenn and Jose. Obviously we already got McDermott tho so one spot gets taken and I'd rather it be Jose then the others. I'm definately expecting Linder, Wilson and Glenn tho. Surprisingly crunched for numbers at OL this year. Who knew we'd be turning people down.
              That was the first mention I heard of Washington in the recruiting thread by you, does he have high interest in UM?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                That was the first mention I heard of Washington in the recruiting thread by you, does he have high interest in UM?
                I know we are on him but I haven't seen him talk about anyone but UT.

                No way to really tell.

                Comment


                • Just got back from the Grove.

                  Saw Cookie Buchanan, CJ Holton, Gavin Hardin and Olivier Vernon there. After they finished the spring game obviously.

                  Convinced my buddys gf into hitting on them and she got some pics. Ill post them when I can.

                  Hardin is huge. Really tall, athletic and muscular. Most impressive looking of all the players.

                  Vernon is shorter but very thickly build. Extremely advanced body for his age.

                  Cookie was the shortest but was much thicker then I thought. Def a LB type. Much bigger then Spence is.

                  Holton is about as tall as Vernon but much thinner then the rest of the guys. His weight is all in his hips and thighs. His upper body needs alot of work. He was also the dirtiest looking guy. Didnt look well kept at all. Needs the most development but has the shoulders to bulk up and play LB. Could potentially be bigger the Cookie.

                  FWIW, Vernon was the biggest player there. He was playing a bunch of chicks and had one girl ready to **** him on the dance floor.

                  Just thought Id share.

                  Comment


                  • Tyrone Cornileus named Miami his leader. Didnt know he ran a 4.41, sounds like a lot of upside their.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by fresssh View Post
                      Tyrone Cornileus named Miami his leader. Didnt know he ran a 4.41, sounds like a lot of upside their.
                      I thought we were running 2nd behind GT. Nice to know tho. Really like him as a 3rd LB behind Ogletree and Luc.

                      btw...Luc was back for yet another visit to see the scrimmage yesterday. I think he's all ours. Hes visited us unofficially 3 times and he hasnt been anywhere else yet.

                      Not to mention, Port Saint Lucie is a solid drive from Coral Gables to have made it 3 times already.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
                        Just got back from the Grove.

                        Saw Cookie Buchanan, CJ Holton, Gavin Hardin and Olivier Vernon there. After they finished the spring game obviously.

                        Convinced my buddys gf into hitting on them and she got some pics. Ill post them when I can.

                        Hardin is huge. Really tall, athletic and muscular. Most impressive looking of all the players.

                        Vernon is shorter but very thickly build. Extremely advanced body for his age.

                        Cookie was the shortest but was much thicker then I thought. Def a LB type. Much bigger then Spence is.

                        Holton is about as tall as Vernon but much thinner then the rest of the guys. His weight is all in his hips and thighs. His upper body needs alot of work. He was also the dirtiest looking guy. Didnt look well kept at all. Needs the most development but has the shoulders to bulk up and play LB. Could potentially be bigger the Cookie.

                        FWIW, Vernon was the biggest player there. He was playing a bunch of chicks and had one girl ready to **** him on the dance floor.

                        Just thought Id share.
                        Haha, thanks for the update on the Cane boys.

                        Maybe Thearon should give up his "Pimp" nickname to Olivier huh?

                        Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
                          I thought we were running 2nd behind GT. Nice to know tho. Really like him as a 3rd LB behind Ogletree and Luc.

                          btw...Luc was back for yet another visit to see the scrimmage yesterday. I think he's all ours. Hes visited us unofficially 3 times and he hasnt been anywhere else yet.

                          Not to mention, Port Saint Lucie is a solid drive from Coral Gables to have made it 3 times already.
                          Yea i saw that. Dejoshua Johnson n Allen were their too. Like u im worried about our Cb's next year. Wut do u think about Peniel Jean?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by fresssh View Post
                            Yea i saw that. Dejoshua Johnson n Allen were their too. Like u im worried about our Cb's next year. Wut do u think about Peniel Jean?
                            Not a huge fan of his. He's like a poor man's George Baker IMO.

                            Comment


                            • What kind of an impact do you think Bailey will have at DT?

                              I think if he can use his hands better to get off, he could be a dominant penetrator at DT. With his explosion and raw athletic abilities he could be a force. He has an effective bull rush and with the pass rush ability of our DE's he won't see many double teams.

                              Joey, how has he looked so far?

                              Comment


                              • I keep forgetting about Jaylen Watkins. He has Florida as his leader but hasnt been to Miami yet. I think he cud be a top CB to come out of this class. Miami was in his top 5 before they even offered. And Tailer Jones is paying his own way to come down for the Spring Break game. He said we are recruiting him as an athlete. I really hope we can pull 4 CB's this year. CB's, LB's, and these highly rated O line men are my main concern.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information