Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2015 Canes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • HOWEVER, we still haven't seen Lamar Miller in action yet and it wouldn't shock me at all if we hear the same kind of updates about LM when he heads to Gables this summer.

    James getting a head start on things is going to be huge, though.
    "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

    Comment


    • Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
      Lamar gets compared to Clinton Portis all the time. And it really is uncanny how much Lamar's game resembles Clintons.

      James does get compared to Najeh alot and he is a somewhat similar game. James is shiftier then Najeh was.

      Don't take me saying James is similar to Najeh as a put down. Ask anyone on here. Najeh was a heck of a RB for us. He was overshadowed by other backs while here but he excelled at his role and although he was seen as mostly a FB, he had more of a RB skill set.

      Najeh has really only been looked down on since he got to the league and sucked there but at Miami he was really good.
      Sorta like Greg Jones from FSU?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
        Sorta like Greg Jones from FSU?
        Exactly. Except Greg Jones was the man at FSU. Najeh was overshadowed by all the 1st round Pro Bowlers we put out while he was here.

        FWIW...Lamar Miller is not expected to be as polished and ready as James has been so far. But Miller is the better athlete and better runner. He is just expected to take longer on the technique and blocking aspects of the game plus he doesn't get the same jump start on the playbook.

        Miller has much, much more ceiling then James does.

        Comment


        • While on the subject of Miami backs, can any of you guys explain to me what's the deal with Clinton Portis "stumbling" and "tripping" in the last couple of years. For such a good runner, I've noticed that he looks like he has trouble keeping his balance at times, even when he's not making any moves i.e. running in the open field. Is he carrying more wieght than he used too, or did he always have this "rumbling bumbling stumbling" act while at miami?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
            While on the subject of Miami backs, can any of you guys explain to me what's the deal with Clinton Portis "stumbling" and "tripping" in the last couple of years. For such a good runner, I've noticed that he looks like he has trouble keeping his balance at times, even when he's not making any moves i.e. running in the open field. Is he carrying more wieght than he used too, or did he always have this "rumbling bumbling stumbling" act while at miami?
            I can't answer that completely, but I think I have an idea.

            1) He plays hurt alot
            2) Miami backs often fall backwards into contact instead of coming at the player from the front, Edge, Portis, and McGahee all do it. The old RB coach here thought it was beneficial for whatever reason. F. Gore doesn't do it as much but he does it from time to time
            "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

            Comment


            • Originally posted by djp View Post
              I can't answer that completely, but I think I have an idea.

              1) He plays hurt alot
              2) Miami backs often fall backwards into contact instead of coming at the player from the front, Edge, Portis, and McGahee all do it. The old RB coach here thought it was beneficial for whatever reason. F. Gore doesn't do it as much but he does it from time to time
              sounds about right to me.

              *remembers Portis cut back across the field run against Washington in 2000*

              Comment


              • So Bryce Brown decommits to us and gives up playing with his brother to go to Tennessee!? And he sites the lack of production and direction on offense as a reason? Yeah, because Tennessee was FAR superior than us last year.

                And God led him to Lane Kiffin? One of the biggest scumbags in college football now. What a joke! This kid is so full of it! Good riddance!

                Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

                Comment


                • Originally posted by thebow305 View Post
                  So Bryce Brown decommits to us and gives up playing with his brother to go to Tennessee!? And he sites the lack of production and direction on offense as a reason? Yeah, because Tennessee was FAR superior than us last year.

                  And God led him to Lane Kiffin? One of the biggest scumbags in college football now. What a joke! This kid is so full of it! Good riddance!
                  Whipple + Brown = national Championship :(
                  my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                  <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                  <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                  <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                  Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                  What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                    Whipple + James/Miller/etc/etc = national Championship :)
                    Corrected. :)

                    That is correct comahan
                    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                    <3 dg

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                      Whipple + Brown = national Championship :(
                      Oh what could have been.

                      We have so much more talent on this team than Tennessee does. What a terrible mistake this kid is making, and for what!?

                      Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by thebow305 View Post
                        Oh what could have been.

                        We have so much more talent on this team than Tennessee does. What a terrible mistake this kid is making, and for what!?
                        Kiffin's balls must taste like chicken parm
                        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                          Kiffin's balls must taste like chicken parm
                          That's quite an interesting observation.

                          Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by thebow305 View Post
                            So Bryce Brown decommits to us and gives up playing with his brother to go to Tennessee!? And he sites the lack of production and direction on offense as a reason? Yeah, because Tennessee was FAR superior than us last year.

                            And God led him to Lane Kiffin? One of the biggest scumbags in college football now. What a joke! This kid is so full of it! Good riddance!
                            He didn't "decommit"...even if he announced for Miami today, there wasn't a LOI there to sign.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Larry121283 View Post
                              He didn't "decommit"...even if he announced for Miami today, there wasn't a LOI there to sign.
                              It also says that Miami pulled their offer on Rivals:

                              http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com...asp?CID=924702
                              In the past month, though, UM apparently pulled its offer, saying it didn't want to wait any longer for Brown's decision. In the end, the choice came down to Tennessee and Kansas State, and Brown said it was trust in Kiffin and the Vols' coaches that won him over.

                              Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Brent View Post
                                It also says that Miami pulled their offer on Rivals:

                                http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com...asp?CID=924702
                                Larry is the man. You don't need to pull up a link to support something he says. It's supported by his screenname.

                                Lamar Miller is a better athlete than Mike James, but I'm not buying the better runner/potential argument. At least not with my criteria for the position.

                                sig by BoneKrusher

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information