Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

Decision Day (Recruits)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decision Day (Recruits)

Until when does a HS recruit has to make his decision?

I want to know where Terrelle Pryor and Sam McGuffie are going.
    Or does anybody here know more about the status of these two guys?
    J-E-T-S
    Jets ! Jets ! Jets !

Most make decisions before or on Signing day. Very few commit after signing day. Pryor won't commit until signing day. Neither will Scott, or Julio Jones, or TJ Bryant.

Pryor= Ohio State
    McGuffie= Michigan

Comment

Pryor has said he will commit on signing day. Don't be suprised if he commits in early January though in San Antonio at the armyallamerican game.

Shayne Hale is supposed to commit on signing day too. (to OSU, UM, UVA, or WV)
      Kevin Koger (TE from Toledo) is gonna commit sometime during the middle of this month to either Ohio State or Michigan. (Insiders say OSU is the favorite)
      Garrett Goebel (DE/DT from Ill) is supposed to commit by August to either tOSU or UM. OSU heavy favorite.
      Lamaar Thomas (RB/WR from MD) is gonna pick between OSU, Illinois, Maryland, Tennessee, and Florida most likely in September. That's all I know
      Last edited by keylime_5; 07-09-2007, 11:36 AM.

Comment

scott coming to CU (i hope)

Comment

I believe that Will Hill will also be a LOI decision as well. Koger has since commited to Michigan.

Originally posted by supermario86
          Stanton will be a pro bowler his 5th year book it.

Comment

Julio will be going on signing day. To Alabama.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
              Most make decisions before or on Signing day. Very few commit after signing day. Pryor won't commit until signing day. Neither will Scott, or Julio Jones, or TJ Bryant.

Pryor= Ohio State
              McGuffie= Michigan
              Has McGuffie already committed? According to Rivals, he's announcing his decision tonight. Final five are USC, Notre Dame, Florida, Michigan and Texas A&M.

The 6-foot, 190 pound McGuffie will be announcing his commitment tonight on KPRC, the local Houston NBC affiliate. The 30-minute "Sports Sunday" broadcast is slated to begin at 10:30 p.m. central time.

"I'm just ready," McGuffie said of his decision to make a commitment. "I've been to campuses, talked to coaches and done the research. I'm ready to get it out of the way so I can focus on my senior season."

McGuffie has gained somewhat of a cult following after a video of him hurdling over a defender en route to a touchdown made its way across the internet.

However, McGuffie's season accomplishments consisted of much more than that single play. He broke the Houston-area record for single-season rushing yards in the largest classification by running for 3,121 yards and 43 touchdowns,

"It's pretty cool seeing the clips on the internet," he said. "But really, it's more about our team. We fell a little short of our goal of winning state last year and that's what we're focused on now."

While McGuffie has received over 50 offers to date, he has narrowed the choices down to five headed into tonight's announcement.

"I've got a list of my final five," he said. "They are USC, Notre Dame, Florida, Michigan and Texas A&M."
              Last edited by ironman4579; 07-29-2007, 03:16 PM.

Originally posted by Jakey
              WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                Pryor has said he will commit on signing day. Don't be suprised if he commits in early January though in San Antonio at the armyallamerican game.

Shayne Hale is supposed to commit on signing day too. (to OSU, UM, UVA, or WV)
                Kevin Koger (TE from Toledo) is gonna commit sometime during the middle of this month to either Ohio State or Michigan. (Insiders say OSU is the favorite)
                Garrett Goebel (DE/DT from Ill) is supposed to commit by August to either tOSU or UM. OSU heavy favorite.
                Lamaar Thomas (RB/WR from MD) is gonna pick between OSU, Illinois, Maryland, Tennessee, and Florida most likely in September. That's all I know
                As was said, since keylime's post, Koger has since committed to Michigan, and now Goebel has since committed to Ohio State.

Comment

In case anyone was wondering, these are the 5 stars that have committed so far according to Rivals.

QB EJ Manuel - Florida State

RB Jermie Calhoun - Oklahoma

WR AJ Green - Georgia

TE Kyle Rudolph - Notre Dame

OT Micheal Brewster - Ohio State
                  OT Tyron Smith - Southern Cal
                  OT Matt Kalil - Southern Cal
                  OT Baker Steinkuhler - Nebraska
                  OT Stephen Good - Oklahoma
                  OT Lucas Nix - Pittsburgh
                  OT Tyler Love - Alabama

DE RJ Washington - Oklahoma
                  DE DaQuan Bowers - Clemson

DT DeAngelo Tyson - Georgia

OLB Nigel Bradham - Florida State

CB Patrick Johnson - Miami

ATH DJ Shoemate - Southern Cal
                  ATH Brandon Barnes - NC State

Comment

what day is signing day?
                    The Bear will not quit, the Bear will not die

Comment

Updated 5 star committed list, as well, as the list of those 5 stars still uncommited. All still according to Rivals.

Committed

Quarterback
                      EJ Manuel-Florida State
                      Blaine Gabbert-Nebraska

Running Back
                      Jermie Calhoun-Oklahoma

Wide Receiver
                      AJ Green-Georgia
                      DeVier Posey-Ohio State
                      Dwight Jones-North Carolina

Tight End
                      Kyle Rudolph-Notre Dame

Offensive Tackle
                      Matt Kalil-Southern Cal
                      Michael Brewster-Ohio State
                      Tyron Smith-Southern Cal
                      Baker Steinkuhler-Nebraska
                      Tyler Love-alabama
                      Lucas Nix-Pittsburgh

Defensive End
                      RJ Washington-Oklahoma
                      DaQuan Bowers-Clemson

Defensive Tackle
                      DeAngelo Tyson-Georgia
                      Marcus Forston-Miami

Outside Linebacker
                      Nigel Bradham-Florida State

Cornerback
                      Patrick Johnson-Miami

Athlete
                      DJ Shoemate-Southern Cal
                      Brandon Barnes-NC State

Uncommitted

Quarterback
                      Terrelle Pryor

Running Back
                      Darrell Scott
                      Enrique Davis

Wide Receiver
                      Julio Jones
                      Deion Walker
                      Deangelo Benton
                      Carl Moore

Offensive Tackle
                      Matt Patchan

Defensive End
                      Raven Gray
                      Simi Kuli

Inside Linebacker
                      Shayne Hale

Outside Linebacker
                      Arthur Brown

Cornerback
                      TJ Bryant

Athlete
                      Will Hill

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information