Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

Rivals 100 2009 discussion thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rivals 100 2009 discussion thread

I confess that I've gotten so caught up in recruiting that I'm absolutely thrilled to see that Rivals released their 100 to watch list for 2009 . Most of the top recruits this year have chosen schools already, so it's nice to have a new set of recruits to hope your school gets.

100 to watch list:
    http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewrank...09&ra_key=1936

If anyone wants to join in and talk about next year already, this is the thread.

SC has a great start already with TE Morrell Pressley and LB Marquis Simmons commited. Both should be 5 stars. I also like 'SC's chances with Matt Barkley.

Looks like a good year for skill positions in CA this year. Also, Arizona has two DE prospects that look really good in Devon Kennard and Corey Adams. Hopefully 'SC can get them.

Vondrae Tostenson doesn't make the top 100? Watch list or not, and Tostenson's attitude not withstanding, that is just plain freakin' nuts.

Comment

NVM. I think for Barkley's sake he should go somewhere else but he'll probably go SC. I don't like the lack of RB's
      Last edited by DWilliams2IndyColts; 08-21-2007, 01:25 AM. Reason: I thought I was in CFB

Michael "Franchise" Young QB Akron Zepplins #10
      164/281, 58.4% 1956 yards, 10 TD/8 INT
      50 rushes, 321 yards, 4 TD, 6.4 YPC
      Record: 7-3

Comment

LB-Jordan Whiting, DT-John Simon, DT-Marcus Hall, S-Darrell Mason, LB-Julius Ferrell, and OG-Ricky Harris are all on there and if offered all are gonna be Buckeyes. LB-Dorian Bell has a good shot at becoming a Buckeye too. I'm suprised that Storm Klein is not on there.

I noticed they put JJ Suber on there from Newberry HS. That's just down the road from my house, about ten minutes away. Don't usually see anyone from there on these recruiting databases.

Comment

Keenan Davis- WR, Cedar Rapids, IA...

no idea who he is or how good he is, but if he is on the watch list hopefully he's pretty talented and hopefully the Hawks can land him since he's from like 30 mins away from Iowa City, and now we have openings at WR cuz DD and Bowman are morons

Comment

The only guy that Michigan has is DT Will Campbell out of Cass Tech. I don't know much about him, other than the fact that he's huge at 6'4" 330.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
              LB-Jordan Whiting, DT-John Simon, DT-Marcus Hall, S-Darrell Mason, LB-Julius Ferrell, and OG-Ricky Harris are all on there and if offered all are gonna be Buckeyes. LB-Dorian Bell has a good shot at becoming a Buckeye too. I'm suprised that Storm Klein is not on there.

I noticed they put JJ Suber on there from Newberry HS. That's just down the road from my house, about ten minutes away. Don't usually see anyone from there on these recruiting databases.
              I kinda have a feeling Storm Klein might be that years version of Sam McGuffie...

I really hope Mich can snag Larry Caper, he should be a 5 star from what im hearing. If we don't get him he better not end up at ND or OSU.

Comment

Theo Riddick is the truth. The next big RB for Rutgers.

Comment

From all I've heard Caper is Michigan's to lose.

Comment

Nice to finally see a couple Philly players on that list.
                    Originally posted by nvot9
                    I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
                    Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                    Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
                    Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                    Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Moses Alipate
                      Larry Caper

only 2 with interest in Wisconsin. kinda disappointing, but Wisconsin has never been a big time recruit school. They are good at finding good players that aren't the big names. However, with their recent success I think more recruits will start to consider Wisconsin as an option.

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests

Comment

Originally posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
                        Nice to finally see a couple Philly players on that list.
                        Very surprising too. Do you know anything about Stokes?

Comment

Originally posted by reigle9 View Post
                          Very surprising too. Do you know anything about Stokes?
                          Dont know much about Stokes, but I do know Savage was held back in the 8th grade. So he is really supposed to be entering his senior season. The school he goes to O'Hara also has another kid coming in this year as a freshman who was also held back in 8th grade who is supposed to be the next "Savage". He will be Savages backup this year as a freshman.
                          Originally posted by nvot9
                          I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
                          Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                          Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
                          Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                          Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Can you PM or post local articles about Savage having any favorites through the year? I've heard extreme polar opposite opinions about him so I don't even know if PSU will offer but we'll have a connection to him with Wedderburn.

Comment

LA is pretty stacked for 09 as well. Michael Ford is the top prospect as of now. Some OM rivals guy said Chris Davenport was one of the best DT prospects he'd ever seen at a scout camp recently. Rueben Randle should be one of the top WR prospects. Recruiting wise I know Michael Ford/Chris Davenport/DJ Fluker all look pretty good LSU wise. I know nothing of Montrell Connor or Rueben Randle school interests. Dj Banks may be the first big Saban/Miles LA battle.

Suprised Jacob Karam didn't get on the list.

rainbeaukid

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information