Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

Rivals 100 2009 discussion thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keenan Davis is a baller and future Hawkeye.

Comment

Glenn Dorsey, Marlon Favorite, Al Woods, and now Chris Davenport.

What are they feeding the kids in LA? I wish California had that kind of DT talent these last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
        From all I've heard Caper is Michigan's to lose.
        Ya so was Ronald Johnson...

Comment

Hopefully, Dennis Erickson will lure Devon Kennard to Tempe. I'm not sure he's as good as Everson Griffen was but it appears that ASU has a much better shot with Kennard than they ever had with Griffen.
          aka KGB Chicken

Comment

This list will look nothing like what the first ranked top 100 will. Heck, last year 5 star wide receiver Devier Posey wasn't even on a pre-evaluation radar at this point.

With that said, I'm amazed Storm Klein isn't on the list. He's going to be a star linebacker wherever he goes. Looks like Andy Katzenmoyer athletically, but with the IQ of a normal human being.

Chris Fields isn't getting any hype he deserves right now, but will probably be in the top 100 at one point or another.
            Browns & Buckeyes <3

Comment

I'm really hoping my Hoosiers can land Morgan Newton as our first big-time recruit in quite a while. I'm starting to doubt that will happen however, since scouts from Florida and Michigan were both spotted at his last game and he's been in contact with some other big time schools.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

Originally posted by Jericho@SC View Post
                Glenn Dorsey, Marlon Favorite, Al Woods, and now Chris Davenport.

What are they feeding the kids in LA? I wish California had that kind of DT talent these last few years.
                I don't know, but DLine has been our strongpoint for a long time now. The longline of LA talent at the position goes back way before Dorsey. Watch out for Drake Nevis too.

I certainly wouldn't mind having the California talent here. Moreso the entire west coast,as it seems you guys get whomever you want from the area.

rainbeaukid

Comment

Originally posted by gstock05 View Post
                  This list will look nothing like what the first ranked top 100 will. Heck, last year 5 star wide receiver Devier Posey wasn't even on a pre-evaluation radar at this point.

With that said, I'm amazed Storm Klein isn't on the list. He's going to be a star linebacker wherever he goes. Looks like Andy Katzenmoyer athletically, but with the IQ of a normal human being.

Chris Fields isn't getting any hype he deserves right now, but will probably be in the top 100 at one point or another.
                  Klein will be on the list in due time. He's pretty much only a RB up to this point. He's gonna play a lot more linebacker during his junior and senior years.

Comment

Nice to see a couple NE guys. J. Forrest West is from Conn., I never saw him play, but I hear he is a beast. Josh Adams (Cambridge, MA) is a big, strong receiver with speed that is nothing better than average right now. I played against him at a camp and he was very impressive, if he works on his speed he could be simething special. He could be the 1st Massachusetts player to make the final rivals 100 since Gloucester DE Jim Unis did in 2002. He was a beast who signed with BC and tore it up in the AA game but he had his career cut short due to concussions. Corey Eason (DE, Mansfield) made the top 250 last year and was considered a near miss for the top 100. He signed with BC and is looking great.

Comment

If anyone has seen video of Californa ATH Cierre Wood, what would you say his legit 40 time is?

Rivals has him listed at 4.63 but he looks faster than his game film. Maybe not Desean Jackson/Percy Harvin fast but pretty fast. Intriguing prospect

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                        Nice to see a couple NE guys. J. Forrest West is from Conn., I never saw him play, but I hear he is a beast. Josh Adams (Cambridge, MA) is a big, strong receiver with speed that is nothing better than average right now. I played against him at a camp and he was very impressive, if he works on his speed he could be simething special. He could be the 1st Massachusetts player to make the final rivals 100 since Gloucester DE Jim Unis did in 2002. He was a beast who signed with BC and tore it up in the AA game but he had his career cut short due to concussions. Corey Eason (DE, Mansfield) made the top 250 last year and was considered a near miss for the top 100. He signed with BC and is looking great.

one of these days uconn has to start keeping the rare top talent in state if it ever wants to get better, so why not start now with J. Forrest West.

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

Comment

i hope je'ron stokes wr from philly goes to psu

but most likely wont

Comment

Best name in this class awarded to,

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewpros...=70503&Sport=1

BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                              i hope je'ron stokes wr from philly goes to psu

but most likely wont
                              If he goes to Penn State ill be shocked.
                              Originally posted by nvot9
                              I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
                              Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                              Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
                              Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                              Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Originally posted by HChu View Post
                                Best name in this class awarded to,

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewpros...=70503&Sport=1
                                Im suprised with a name like that he isnt going to Penn State.
                                Originally posted by nvot9
                                I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
                                Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                                Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
                                Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                                Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information