Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

Michigan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

on cstv, they were talking about jeff tedford to michigan, what do you mich fans think?

Comment

Originally posted by soybean View Post
      on cstv, they were talking about jeff tedford to michigan, what do you mich fans think?
      Ryan Mallett's NFL would be screwed.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMontainya View Post
        Wow, theres a difference between a troll and an Ohio State fan being glad that Michigan lost. But since you guys are the losers I will shut up because no matter what OSU will never embarrass our conference like you guys did.

And you can say Fire Lloyd carr all you want but there comes a point where Michigan players should just beat a Div 2 school no matter who the coach is. Your players arent as good as you like to think.
        so getting less than 100 yards of offense in the NC game with the Heisman winner at QB ISN'T embarrassing your conference?

LOL
        Gamertag: OnABoat16 (Games: NCAA 10, NHL 10, Tiger Woods 10)

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
        Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
        Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
        A fan of the USF Bulls

Comment

i heard saddler and hale canceled their mich/uva visits due to sat/act; can anyone confirm?

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

Wow, theres a difference between a troll and an Ohio State fan being glad that Michigan lost.
            Yes, and you are being a troll. If you were just "an Ohio State fan being glad that Michigan lost" then I'd have no problem with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
              I'm not sure if that game was just a fluke, with Michigan just not being mentally prepared, or if their defense is just that bad. Just looking at it, their defense should be in the upper-tier of the Big Ten.
              I initially thought that the last sentence had to be a fluke, before I looked at their depth chart and saw a bunch of blue chippers up front.

There are a few problems with Michigan's defense.

A)Coaching - Michigan's coaching is not up to par. There defense is never ranked as high as there talent dictates they shoudl be. This is due to poor coaching.
              B)Underachieving Players - Gabe Watson never quite played him to his potential. Then there's Prescott Burgess, Lamarr Woodley etc. Ironically some of there better defensive players weren't very highly rated coming out of high school. Ernest Shazor and Marlin Jackson immediately come to mind.
              C)Depth - There defense is stacked up front when you look at Rivals ratings, but it gets weaker as you go back. There secondary is mostly no names and lowly rated players. Morgan Trent was the 24th wideout coming out of high school. Johnny Sears... well you know all about him. ASU was able to exploit there defense because they get rid of the ball so fast and throw it to the middle of the field. The Michigan Defense is more setup to be stout against the run and to kill you if you hold onto the ball. That's Big Ten Style, but versus the Option offense it will kill you.

At the end of the day the talent you bring in matters, but coaching matters alot as well. Penn State fielded their best defense the year they had Alan Zemaitis and Anwar Phillips. Neither of those guys were anything close to blue chippers coming out of high school. Anthony Scirotto, arguably the best safety in the Big Ten, was the 46th safety out of high school... 46th! Tony Davis was the 47th CB out of H.S. Sometimes I look at teams and it's evident which ones have good defensive coaches and which ones don't. Virginia Tech fields the best defense year in and year out and on paper it doesn't compare to USC. Where does USC finish in the defensive rankings every year? Exactly.

Comment

How did LaMarr Woodley underachieve? He was an ILB coming out of HS and he made the transition to a DE/OLB tweener. In two years he had 17 sacks, 30.5 TFL, and 7 FF.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
                  How did LaMarr Woodley underachieve? He was an ILB coming out of HS and he made the transition to a DE/OLB tweener. In two years he had 17 sacks, 30.5 TFL, and 7 FF.
                  I'm also curious to hear that logic

Comment

Cross his name off. You still get the point though. For every Alan Branch and Lamar Woodley... theres a Gabe Watson and Prescott Burgess. Not saying other teams don't have this problem, but it's a more common occurance at Michigan.

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLion2k7 View Post
                      Virginia Tech fields the best defense year in and year out and on paper it doesn't compare to USC. Where does USC finish in the defensive rankings every year? Exactly.

Defensive rankings don't tell the whole story.

USC ranked 20th in total defense last year but you can't tell me the likes of Boise State (14th), Wyoming (9th), Western Michigan (11th) had better defenses.

Obviously who you play has a lot of say in the matter. The Pac-10 is an offense oriented conference. Oregon and Cal would put up 30 pts vs. 90% of CFB. Notre Dame has been a great offense in recent years. But USC still managed decent numbers on defense.

The proof is in the pudding. The trio of Chad Henne, Mike Hart and Mario Manningham? Shut down for 10 points until a garbabe time touchdown.

If USC played the likes of Duke, Virginia, NC State, and North Carolina they would all be held to under 15 points. And be ranked in the top 5 annually.

Virginia Tech is a good defensive ball club. But please don't hint at their defensive coaching being superior to USC's just because they feast on weak offensive teams and play conservative ball control offense.
                      Last edited by Jericho@SC; 09-07-2007, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Are you joking? None of those ACC teams are any good.

The Pac-10 is generally underrated I think. Cal and UCLA look really good this year, and Washington is a sleeper IMO.
                        Last edited by Jonny; 09-19-2007, 05:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLion2k7 View Post
                          Cross his name off. You still get the point though. For every Alan Branch and Lamar Woodley... theres a Gabe Watson and Prescott Burgess. Not saying other teams don't have this problem, but it's a more common occurance at Michigan.
                          No I'd say pretty much every school has it. For every Justin King and Dan Connor at PSU there's a Derrick Williams and an Austin Scott.

Comment

Wow someone ate Crow? I hear this stuff all summer on the college boards before they got deleated.

Back to the subject (I apologize for trailing off)

recruiting:
                            No recruit in their right mind would want to play deffense for Michigan unless they are just a huge fan of the school right now. They are no producing the talent like a powerhouse school should.
                            you act like their is no limit on scholarships, michigan is still a prestigous school, of all time, not just a few years....

ohio st cant sign everybody, michigan still has to get some 5 star athletes

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                              No I'd say pretty much every school has it. For every Justin King and Dan Connor at PSU there's a Derrick Williams and an Austin Scott.
                              BF51 posted a link in another thread. It was Colin Cowherd ripping on Michigan a year ago for not developing talent. He was absolutely right. In the Lloyd Carr era no team has been as poor at developing talent as the Wolverines coaching staff has. Sure, we do end up with guys like Mike Hart, LaMarr Woodley, Leon Hall, Marlin Jackson, etc. However, we end up with way too many guys like Gabe Watson, Prescott Burgess, Kevin Grady, James McKinney, Doug Dutch, Brett Gallimore, Jerome Jackson, and Larry Harrison. All those guys that I mentioned were four or five star guys who didn't live up to half of their potential, most not doing anything at the college level.

Comment

whats up with doug dutch?

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information