Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

Michigan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan

How much does the loss to ASU impact recruiting? If I'm a guy considering Michigan and I play D, I can't commit there fast enough haha. They need speed and playmakers, especially in the secondary. Boubacar Cissoko, Warren and Williams are all good starts, but there's a need for more. So how much do you guys think it affects things since it probably means Carr is gone.

Why couldnt you commit fast enough? Michigan is KNOWN for not developing top talent over the last 5 years. They have top 10 recruiting classes every year but their overall record and performance never reflects it of late.

D players go to OSU, underachievers go to scUM.

Chad Henne = Steve Bellisari

How many of you Michigan fans still think he is the best QB in the country?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMontainya View Post
      Why couldnt you commit fast enough? Michigan is KNOWN for not developing top talent over the last 5 years. They have top 10 recruiting classes every year but their overall record and performance never reflects it of late.

D players go to OSU, underachievers go to scUM.

Chad Henne = Steve Bellisari

How many of you Michigan fans still think he is the best QB in the country?
      Considering none of us thought he was the best, I'll say none.

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
        Considering none of us thought he was the best, I'll say none.
        Wow someone ate Crow? I hear this stuff all summer on the college boards before they got deleated.

Back to the subject (I apologize for trailing off)

recruiting:
        No recruit in their right mind would want to play deffense for Michigan unless they are just a huge fan of the school right now. They are no producing the talent like a powerhouse school should.

Comment

The true test will be how we come out next week. If this is going to be the tone of our season then it will negatively impact recruiting, however if we get our act together and play how we are capiable of playing for the rest of the season it should be fine.

JM- nobody here puts any stock into anything you say. Your posts are meaningless about Mich football. You have no credability.

Comment

If you ignore trolls, they go away. If you keep feeding them, they'll come back for more.

Comment

I don't think the poor defensive play is gonna lure defensive recruits. Ohio State, USC, and LSU always are stacked on D and recruit great defensive players. That's how the trend works, not the other way around. But I don't think the loss to ASU will really effect UM recruting much except for this:
              Lloyd Carr is gonna retire or resign after the year more likely than not, even if he had beaten ASU he probably would've. Teams changing coaches always hurts recruting, recruits don't like it when one coaching staff promises them something and then another staff comes in and promises something else. This will especially hurt fringe recruits who are considering Michigan but are torn between them and other schools just as much.

Comment

I don't think the loss will affect UM too much, most guys commit because because they like the atmosphere, coaching staff, and the facilities. If Carr leaves and the next head coach isn't from his staff, they might lose some recruits though.

A loss is a loss, it happens sometimes, as long as UM doesn't implode this year i.e. 5 or less wins, it probably is a non issue for recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
                  If you ignore trolls, they go away. If you keep feeding them, they'll come back for more.
                  Wow, theres a difference between a troll and an Ohio State fan being glad that Michigan lost. But since you guys are the losers I will shut up because no matter what OSU will never embarrass our conference like you guys did.

And you can say Fire Lloyd carr all you want but there comes a point where Michigan players should just beat a Div 2 school no matter who the coach is. Your players arent as good as you like to think.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMontainya View Post
                    Wow, theres a difference between a troll and an Ohio State fan being glad that Michigan lost. But since you guys are the losers I will shut up because no matter what OSU will never embarrass our conference like you guys did.

And you can say Fire Lloyd carr all you want but there comes a point where Michigan players should just beat a Div 2 school no matter who the coach is. Your players arent as good as you like to think.
                    Anyone else hear all that hot air that seems to be inflating this guys head? It's freakin' loud, and I am in need of some sleep.
                    R.I.P. L.E.F.
                    "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                      Anyone else hear all that hot air that seems to be inflating this guys head? It's freakin' loud, and I am in need of some sleep.
                      I remember the National Championship game from last year.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

its not the fact they lost to asu, its the fact that they have no idea who there coach is going to be when they get there. going into a situation like that is hard, mainly because you dont know the scheme, which makes you think how you would be utilized, and maybe the new coach will run a defense that doesnt get you enough opportunities to make plays.

that being said, they are Michigan, and i don't think it will hurt a lot but there defitnaly will be a slight drop off.

Comment

I don't think that one loss will hurt their recruiting, if they can come back and play angry for the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                            I don't think that one loss will hurt their recruiting, if they can come back and play angry for the rest of the season.
                            if asu can put up 30+, imagine what an offense like oregon can do, its going to be a high scoring game, no doubt about it.

Comment

I'm not sure if that game was just a fluke, with Michigan just not being mentally prepared, or if their defense is just that bad. Just looking at it, their defense should be in the upper-tier of the Big Ten.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information