Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

Darrel Scott?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
    We're talking about a 17 year old kid here.
    well if Scott commits to CU, hes gonna get the carries

hes gonna get to play in the cold weather where hes gonna have to carry his team to wins.....

w/e i just hope he commits to CU

Comment

I personally hope a talent like Scott does not go to Colorado. He will give Nebraska fits for years. :) But I too have never understood the thoughts HS athletes have about playing in cold weather. A talent like Scott will end up in the NFL, where the odds are you will be playing in a city with cold weather. Might as well get used to it while in college.

Comment

Originally posted by BufFan71 View Post
        whats rediculous is choosing a college over another because weather

imo, if i had a choice id rather play in cold weather
        hot weather sucks
        what's ridiculous is you using the world ridiculous without knowing how to spell it.

and we're not talking about hot weather here, we're talking about warm weather, it's not all that hot in september, october, november, and december even in the south.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
          what's ridiculous is you using the world ridiculous without knowing how to spell it.

and we're not talking about hot weather here, we're talking about warm weather, it's not all that hot in september, october, november, and december even in the south.

Comment

I sure hope he goes to UT..he looks damn good. I'm thinking its UT or Colorado probably at this point but he would look soo good in burnt orange!

Comment

Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post

Yay for someone else besides me knowing how to spell ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by Diaspora View Post
                I sure hope he goes to UT..he looks damn good. I'm thinking its UT or Colorado probably at this point but he would look soo good in burnt orange!
                im pretty sure he'd look alot better in black and gold

Comment

Darrell says that Texas leads now.

Comment

yeah its probally the weather, although it sounds like he didnt tell the truth a while back when he said that Jamaal charles leaving will not impact his decision at all, apperently it does, why all of a sudden UT is above Colorado which seems to have it all?

Comment

Originally posted by WildDude View Post
                      yeah its probally the weather, although it sounds like he didnt tell the truth a while back when he said that Jamaal charles leaving will not impact his decision at all, apperently it does, why all of a sudden UT is above Colorado which seems to have it all?
                      Scott said it WOULD impact his decision if Charles left.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Most of the Texas recruiting insiders on most boards ive been say he favors Texas more, but I dont know if its enough to seal the deal right now or not...Im sure Mack is pushing to grab him

But he really wasnt all that interested in us until Charles declared, once that happened we became the front runner, and thats probably going to give him the chance to start coming in with talent around him

IT: What was your reaction to Jamaal Charles leaving Texas to declare for the NFL draft?
                        Darrell Scott: It was big. That was my main concern. I don’t want to sit. I definitely don’t want to

IT: There’s a lot of speculation that you are headed to Colorado. What is your reaction to that?

Scott: I’ve heard so many rumors this year. I just call somebody and put it out there that Darrell isn’t committed to that school.

IT: So why is your name synonymous with Colorado?

Scott: I don’t know. Probably because I have family there with Josh Smith. He’s a

IT: With Jamaal Charles gone, does that make Texas more enticing than Colorado?

Scott: Oh yeah. No doubt.

IT: How did you get the news that Jamaal was leaving Texas?

Scott: Somebody whispered in my ear. I can’t let it out, but I’ve known for like four days

IT: So what’s your commitment status now?

Scott: Undecided.

IT: What are the pros and cons of Texas and Colorado?

Scott: Colorado, the weather. I don’t like that weather. The pro is I like and have a good bond there. Family comes first, that thing, but I mean way out. With Texas, I just
                        Last edited by LonghornsLegend; 01-20-2008, 06:52 PM.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                          Most of the Texas recruiting insiders on most boards ive been say he favors Texas more, but I dont know if its enough to seal the deal right now or not...Im sure Mack is pushing to grab him

But he really wasnt all that interested in us until Charles declared, once that happened we became the front runner, and thats probably going to give him the chance to start coming in with talent around him
                          Mack and Major was set to visit Scott, not sure if they made it out there yet.

Don't think your 2nd comment is all that correct. Scott has always been interested in us and it's pretty much been CU or UT the whole time. Charles leaving should a HUGE deciding factor but we'll see. Rumor was that he was recruiting for CU during the Army game.

Comment

OK, Ill say he was slightly interested before Charles declared, but if Charles stayed we really didnt have a good chance to pick him up imho...Vondrell Mcgee is more then capable of being solid so I wasnt concerned too much...were not crazy deep at rb like we were a few years ago when we had a 4 back rotation, but now it will probably be wide open for Scott to start with Mcgee staying in the same role...

He canceled his interview he had with Florida right after he had his visit with Mack, which makes it only between colorado and its going to take something to sway him back in favor of them over UT...I keep hearing alot about him having a selfish attitude and being all about himself, thats the only thing im concerned about

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

hopefully he commits to CU
                              we dont really have a Hb this year
                              but we got a solid defense and good qb with pretty good receivers

Comment

I hope he goes to Texas. He would Ball here.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information