Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

Which 5* is most likely to be a bust?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
    So you heard someone say something about him and just assumed he'd be a bust?
    Isn't that EXACTLY what this thread is about? We're posting our opinions on who we think will be a bust based upon the information that we have heard...just because you like the guy doesn't mean others have to.

Comment

Simply looking at Rivals only 5 stars...

Matt Patchan
      DeVier Posey
      Dayne Crist
      Lucas Nix

Comment

Why does everybody keep bringing up Crist?
        Hi Mom. Send money!

Comment

Originally posted by CLong4Heisman View Post
          Why does everybody keep bringing up Crist?
          Because he's got no one to block for him, for starters, and he may not beat out Clausen.

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
            Because he's got no one to block for him, for starters, and he may not beat out Clausen.
            i dont think he will.
            I think of it this way.
            2008: Clausen, Crist RDS
            2009: Clausen, Crist back-up
            2010: Clausen leaves early maybe, if not 2nd year for Crist.
            2011: Crist=JR.
            2012: Crist=Sr.
            (this is not including any QB that ND recruits.)
            CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
            JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Crist def does have talent he can scramble much better than Clausen i certainly will be rooting for him to beat out Clausen! hah

my bad seeing the Under Armor game i take back what i said on AJ Green he definately is a talent i mean the QB just chucked it up wherever and AJ would catch it aerobically, I just mentioned AJ because UGA doesnt have a great track record in producing WRs but AJ can surely break that stereotype... UGA WRs tend to be better in the NFL than college i have no doubt no matter how AJ's carrer goes at UGA he'll be sucessful in the NFL

Will Hill will be a bust he'll never play at UF

Comment

Originally posted by WildDude View Post
                my bad seeing the Under Armor game i take back what i said on AJ Green he definately is a talent i mean the QB just chucked it up wherever and AJ would catch it aerobically, I just mentioned AJ because UGA doesnt have a great track record in producing WRs but AJ can surely break that stereotype... UGA WRs tend to be better in the NFL than college i have no doubt no matter how AJ's carrer goes at UGA he'll be sucessful in the NFL
                Since 2002, Georgia's gotten about 3 WRs rated as 4 stars, and no 5 star WRs. I don't think they'll blow it with Green.

Comment

well they blew it with Reggie Brown who was the last top tier WR they had the rest of them between are top ones, yes but not the caliber of those 2, the closest would have to be Mohammed Massaquoi but they had trouble making him elite even though his talent is top notch... i believe he does have a reception every game of his carrer or almost atleast but he still isnt close to realizing his potential...

Comment

Are you serious? Will Hill won't see playing time? Florida's secondary is horrible. He'll see a lot of time as a freshman.

Comment

Originally posted by andyjo672 View Post
                      Isn't that EXACTLY what this thread is about? We're posting our opinions on who we think will be a bust based upon the information that we have heard...just because you like the guy doesn't mean others have to.
                      Actually, I'm basing my info on the video I have seen on the guys. Not on some dude on a website telling me a guy is lazy.

Comment

Originally posted by WildDude View Post
                        well they blew it with Reggie Brown who was the last top tier WR they had the rest of them between are top ones, yes but not the caliber of those 2, the closest would have to be Mohammed Massaquoi but they had trouble making him elite even though his talent is top notch... i believe he does have a reception every game of his carrer or almost atleast but he still isnt close to realizing his potential...
                        They got Reggie Brown to a point where he was drafted in the 2nd round. And for Massaquoi, not everyone becomes an elite WR. AJ Green has more potential than Massaquoi, and might already be a better receiver.

Comment

Actually, I'm basing my info on the video I have seen on the guys. Not on some dude on a website telling me a guy is lazy.
                          have you been watching entire games? Because i would venture a guess that you've been watching HL videos... which will obviously make him look like he never takes plays off.

I would trust "some dude on a website" if he's a scouting expert! But i guess of course you're a better talent scout than any of these "experts".

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

That still doesn't refute what I said, that the point of this thread was to post your opinion on who you think will be a bust depending on the information you have. The guy heard your boy was lazy, and thinks he'll be a bust, and your man crush on him apparently makes you upset about this. And you've seen high light videos, which can be very misleading. I'm going with the recruiting experts opinion over yours.

Comment

Wasn't Sean Bailey a 5*, what happened to him?

Comment

Originally posted by andyjo672 View Post
                                That still doesn't refute what I said, that the point of this thread was to post your opinion on who you think will be a bust depending on the information you have. The guy heard your boy was lazy, and thinks he'll be a bust, and your man crush on him apparently makes you upset about this. And you've seen high light videos, which can be very misleading. I'm going with the recruiting experts opinion over yours.
                                Actually when it comes to Marcus Forston, I've seen him play many times. I saw him against Boone, Southlake Carol and others.

Just cause I don't work for a scouting website doesn't mean I know nothing about football and can't formulate my own opinions about a kid.

Most of these so called scouting experts only watch HL tapes anyways as there is way too many kids to scout. This is why you see 1 star recruits jump to 3 star recruits overnight. The kid gets an offer. The scout looks at his tape and says, he looks like a 3 star and suddenly he gets bumped up in the rankings. Thats how the process works for them. they don't sit there and watch whole games of all these kids.

Please keep the joking and cut downs about man crushes to yourself. We are just talking football. There's no need for it. Ya'll wanna listen to a scout off of rivals thats fine. I'd rather look and see for myself instead of listening to a guy I've never met and have no idea what his background even is.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information