Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

Which 5* is most likely to be a bust?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
    Wasn't Sean Bailey a 5*, what happened to him?
    4* on Rivals, I believe, but he tore his ACL, and had surgery again in November on it. Also had nagging hamstring issues in another season.

Comment

Darrell Scott, depending on what school he goes to...

It's really anybody depending on which school they go to.

Comment

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
        Darrell Scott, depending on what school he goes to...

It's really anybody depending on which school they go to.
        Where would he fail, exactly? Texas, where they produce top RBs all the time? Colorado, where they have had guys like Vickers and Brown? It makes no sense, unless you think he'd be the problem.

Comment

Ok, first look at last few running backs out of Texas:

Ricky Williams
          Jammal Charles
          Selvin Young

And don't tell me that Chris Brown is a great player in the NFL.

We might have different views on the term "bust" when it comes to recruiting, but my defenition has a little something to do with Sundays as well as Saturdays.

Comment

Ricky Williams
            Jammal Charles
            Selvin Young

We might have different views on the term "bust" when it comes to recruiting, but my defenition has a little something to do with Sundays as well as Saturdays.
            this is about college football, not the NFL... i really don't understand your logic behind considering NFL success, and then make the claim that Jamaal Charles isn't a good runningback.

You also seem to be forgetting that Ricky Williams was the best RB in the NFL for a few years, and Selvin Young has hardly been given an opportunity to be successful in the NFL.

Chris Brown was a great college RB, and there's no reason to consider future NFL success in this discussion.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Ricky Williams
              Jammal Charles
              Selvin Young

add in Cedric Benson...but I also don't understand what success in the NFL has to do with being a bust in college...I mean, the only thing I can see is that if you make it to the NFL then you aren't a bust

Comment

Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                add in Cedric Benson...but I also don't understand what success in the NFL has to do with being a bust in college...I mean, the only thing I can see is that if you make it to the NFL then you aren't a bust
                that last part may be a bit of a stretch, there have been cases where players have had an impact in the NFL after having little to no success in college.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
                  So all first round quarterbacks are good? How is Akili Smith doing? He wouldn't have been if Cleveland hadn't traded up. He isn't good. Sorry to dissapoint you, but he isn't. He has a sissy arm, and he'll probably be a career backup.
                  Hate to jump in but wow. You say Quinn is horrible when he's barely played and then back it up by saying that all 1st round picks aren't good and comparing him to Akili Smith? Lets compare him to Peyton Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, etc etc etc. Thats about the same thing you're saying. When you give me a well thought out explanation on why Quinn is horrible let me know.
                  http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/1710/mets8yl.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by ncst8fan83 View Post
                    I'll go with Michael Floyd per scout's rankings. Burton Scott per rivals.
                    Burton Scott will NOT be a bust.

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                      First of all, im probably the only person here to have actually seen EJ play in person so yay me!
                      Nor do I think him, Pryor, or Crist will become busts.
                      negative. i went to middle and high school with his older sister amber and my brother played basketball with him at kempsville middle before he went to bayside. he comes from a family of athletes and i wouldn't be surprised if he is able to succeed seeing as though the 757 has produced its fair share of good college qbs.

then again i could see him being a bust just as easily as him doing well.
                      Drink apple juice, cause OJ will kill you.

Comment

Originally posted by JT Jag View Post
                        Burton Scott will NOT be a bust.
                        Wow all this psychics on board.
                        http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/1710/mets8yl.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Axl Rose View Post
                          Dayne dominated the toughest league in the nation already, no QB plays the comp he does. Dayne also already outperformed Manuel at the elite 11 camp, Manuel will be another Xavier Lee. I already made my case about Pryor before.

they're both black and going to FSU so that must be alike?! That couldn't be anymore ignorant, they aren't even close as players.

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyCHRIST View Post
                            they're both black and going to FSU so that must be alike?! That couldn't be anymore ignorant, they aren't even close as players.
                            I think he meant highly touted players who suck at the college level. (Which I totally disagree with)

Comment

Why the heck is everyone picking Will Hill?

BTW, Pryor is pretty must bust-proof.

6'4 230 with 4.4 speed. Maybe he doesn't make the NFL but he should dominate the college ranks with numbers like those.

Comment

Originally posted by BBIB View Post
                                6'4 230 with 4.4 speed. Maybe he doesn't make the NFL but he should dominate the college ranks with numbers like those.
                                Hi Vince Young.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information