Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

Under Armour High School All American Game Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under Armour High School All American Game Thread

Discuss the game here.

ON TV @ 2 pm.

!!!
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

How do you not have this in HD???

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

Any one have a number roster or know who #93 was for white?

That is correct comahan
      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
      <3 dg

Comment

Nope I will work on it though
        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
          Any one have a number roster or know who #93 was for white?
          #93 was Daquan Bowers, DE, committed to Clemson. He's gonna be beastly in a couple years.

Originally posted by Morgan Freeman
          Titty sprinkles

Comment

That was a short game.

Michael "Franchise" Young QB Akron Zepplins #10
            164/281, 58.4% 1956 yards, 10 TD/8 INT
            50 rushes, 321 yards, 4 TD, 6.4 YPC
            Record: 7-3

Comment

Originally posted by ncst8fan83 View Post
              #93 was Daquan Bowers, DE, committed to Clemson. He's gonna be beastly in a couple years.

Yes, DaQuan is an animal.

Comment

Does anyone know how EJ Manuel did? Doesn't look like he did too well, as I read some recaps and he had no mention, while all the other QB's at least had some plays.

Comment

who was #99 of the East, who declared to Miami?
                  He was good.
                  His nickname was "Big something"(i can't remember the 2nd part)

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                  my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                  But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

why are the likes of EJ Manuel, AJ Green, Julio Jones at this game theyre so much better at their respective positions over other players in the Army game, which i think is a more prestigious game so anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by WildDude View Post
                      why are the likes of EJ Manuel, AJ Green, Julio Jones at this game theyre so much better at their respective positions over other players in the Army game, which i think is a more prestigious game so anyone know?
                      Because the Under Armour game is also on a major network (ABC)? Because they also had skills competitions on National TV (ESPN2)? Because they wanted to play in a possibly momentous, inaugural event associated with the worldwide leader in sports? Because the game was being played in their backyards? Because they wanted to be trailblazers instead of followers? Because NBC and Lemming pander disproportionately to Notre Dame, where those recruits didn't commit? Because they have the foresight to realize this will inevitably be a bigger game in a few years, because of a couple of the aforementioned reasons?

Anyways, a belated players I was most impressed by (which I originally posted on Recruiting Planet):

RB Jamie Harper- Was as good as any running back in the Army game. Really exhibited tremendous vision and cutback ability with fluid hips. Set players up with good shoulder fakes. Size/speed combination at 225 is exceptional. Can also catch the ball out of the backfield. He has it all.

DE DaQuan Bowers- Reminded me of a little bigger version of Quentin Groves. Very quick off the line of scrimmage and he's coming after the quarterback with intensity. But has the lateral movement and reactions to handle change of directions by ballcarriers. Should be a force at the next level.

WR Julio Jones- The type of player that you can just throw the ball in his area, and he'll make the play. Very tough to bring down after the catch ala Arrelious Benn. Made Mike Glennon the player of the game for the Red Team essentially.

RB Andre Ellington- Clemson got another impact running back. Nice wiggle and quickness, can run inside and out, and looks like he'll be a threat to catch the ball out of the backfield.

CB Brandon Harris- I believe he was covering Josh Jarboe most of the game. Anyway, did a nice job of staying at a comfortable distance away from receivers (not to far, not too close), and then anticipating to break. Did that very quickly. Fairly ideal size. Fluid hips...good ball skills...brash competitor.

QB E.J. Manuel also stood out in my opinion for his pocket poise. Reminded me a little of Andre Woodson in that aspect. Not quite the passer, but a better runner. Smart enough to know when to utilize his athletic ability, and when to carve out 50 with his arm.

H.M.- S Will Hill, TE Blake Ayles, DT Omar Hunter, and OT Mike Goodman or Antoine McClain (whoever was the white team's right tackle)

Comment

Originally posted by BerninWI View Post
                        Because the Under Armour game is also on a major network (ABC)? Because they also had skills competitions on National TV (ESPN2)? Because they wanted to play in a possibly momentous, inaugural event associated with the worldwide leader in sports? Because the game was being played in their backyards? Because they wanted to be trailblazers instead of followers? Because NBC and Lemming pander disproportionately to Notre Dame, where those recruits didn't commit? Because they have the foresight to realize this will inevitably be a bigger game in a few years, because of a couple of the aforementioned reasons?

Anyways, a belated players I was most impressed by (which I originally posted on Recruiting Planet):

RB Jamie Harper- Was as good as any running back in the Army game. Really exhibited tremendous vision and cutback ability with fluid hips. Set players up with good shoulder fakes. Size/speed combination at 225 is exceptional. Can also catch the ball out of the backfield. He has it all.

DE DaQuan Bowers- Reminded me of a little bigger version of Quentin Groves. Very quick off the line of scrimmage and he's coming after the quarterback with intensity. But has the lateral movement and reactions to handle change of directions by ballcarriers. Should be a force at the next level.

WR Julio Jones- The type of player that you can just throw the ball in his area, and he'll make the play. Very tough to bring down after the catch ala Arrelious Benn. Made Mike Glennon the player of the game for the Red Team essentially.

RB Andre Ellington- Clemson got another impact running back. Nice wiggle and quickness, can run inside and out, and looks like he'll be a threat to catch the ball out of the backfield.

CB Brandon Harris- I believe he was covering Josh Jarboe most of the game. Anyway, did a nice job of staying at a comfortable distance away from receivers (not to far, not too close), and then anticipating to break. Did that very quickly. Fairly ideal size. Fluid hips...good ball skills...brash competitor.

QB E.J. Manuel also stood out in my opinion for his pocket poise. Reminded me a little of Andre Woodson in that aspect. Not quite the passer, but a better runner. Smart enough to know when to utilize his athletic ability, and when to carve out 50 with his arm.

H.M.- S Will Hill, TE Blake Ayles, DT Omar Hunter, and OT Mike Goodman or Antoine McClain (whoever was the white team's right tackle)
                        Do you think EJ is better than any QB on FSU's roster?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
                          Do you think EJ is better than any QB on FSU's roster?
                          Xavier Lee does have talent and Weatherford has good leadership both will be seniors next year i believe, Preston Parker and D'vontrey Richardson aren't much to be honest, in the short time they were in they didn't stand out they both are awful, no doubt that EJ Manuel will start as a RS Freshman if not i'll be suprised

Comment

Originally posted by WildDude View Post
                            EJ Manuel is not as good as Tyrelle Pryor.
                            Virginia Tech.
                            ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

who was the LB that weighed 265 and ran a 4.5? that is impressive for just being in high school.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information