Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

Crazy Recruitment Story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy Recruitment Story

Apparently, the kid committed to Cal but never had a scholarship in the first place.

cal.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=769462
    Last edited by YAYareaRB; 02-05-2008, 10:52 PM.

Thats a really sad story. I feel bad for that kid. I If found out who did that i would kill them. Thats bull****

BoneKrusher

360 GT: iiidiiiot
    Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)

Comment

Originally posted by Santonio10 View Post
      Thats a really sad story. I feel bad for that kid. I If found out who did that i would kill them. Thats bull****

Well it's not at all considered a prank. It's also highly likely that it was a big misunderstanding of your average letters from the schools that feed you garbage. They say it also could be a carefully concocted scheme by the boy, his parents, and his coach.

Comment

Wow that was pretty damn crazy, that school got caught up in the hype and didnt ask enough questions...And I would like to think the kid did that himself, but if he knew he didnt really have a scholarship and he announced it on tv, he would have to know at some point that dream was going to come to an end, you just cant show up at a practice one day

But at the same time how could he get pranked that bad, and he had no contact over the phone with the coach? Usually you get an offer from a coach or have some conversation with him not just a few letters back and forth, but its out now so that story should take some life out there

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

He made it up! what a loser

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recru...ory?id=3234302

Comment

This kid is a tool, he said the guy who was getting the scholarship was Kevin Riley, who happened to be the backup QB. He then went on to insult the rest of his high school class.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....

Comment

i now feel bad for feeling bad for the kid. what an idiot

BoneKrusher

360 GT: iiidiiiot
              Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)

Comment

I must say, when I heard this... I LOLed.

Why would he do such a thing? It doesn't make sense. Why embarrass yourself, family, and school nationally? hahaha

Projected win total: 55+

Comment

good job embarrassing your school and family
                  Last edited by KCJ58; 02-10-2008, 04:00 AM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Jr View Post
                      OMG what a loser...It crossed my mind initially, because the kid is the only one who would know if it was fake, you dont get scholarship offers without talking to any coaches, but why go to this extent??

I bet the head coach feels like an ass, he probably didnt care to ask he just wanted some tv time...

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Oh, man... that's crazy.

Thanks to darnik44two for the sig

Dream Pats Draft:
                        1. Vernon Gholston, LB, tOSU
                        2. Adarious Bowman, WR, Ok St
                        3a. Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa
                        3b. Kevin Smith, RB, UCF
                        4. Peyton Hillis, RB, Ark
                        5. Jermichael Finley, TE, Texas
                        6. Brian Witherspoon, CB, Stillman
                        7. Pierre Garcon, WR, Mt Union

Comment

he's an idiot...he was a 2 star guy...nothing spectacular but, he pretty much ruined any future he may have had. He could have been a nice catch for a d1-AA school.
                          Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 02-10-2008, 02:41 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                            he's an idiot...he was a 2 star guy...nothing spectacular but, he pretty much ruined any future he may have had. He could have been a nice catch for a d1-AA school.

Or he could got the JC route and hopefully any remembrance of the story dies down in the span of 2 years, which is a long shot but worth the try.

Comment

wow, i guess it helps to read ahead. i was sitting here telling my friend how it could've beena big hoax, and he was believing me too, and then 2 minutes later, i have to change the story. man this is ****** up.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information