Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

Pete Carroll: The greatest recruiter in the history of CFB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urban Meyer nearly had 3 #1/#2 recruiting classes in a row.

Comment

Carroll's '09 class is already looking like the #1..

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

dont forget since USC is a private school there academic standards for athletes is incredibly low, i believe

what zook is doin at Ilin is great recruiting, but over the years the styles have changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Its Ya Boy View Post
          dont forget since USC is a private school there academic standards for athletes is incredibly low, i believe
          They actually have pretty high standards for athletes. However, that doesn't mean that the high schools kids are coming from don't let them have a pass on grades.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by BBIB View Post
            yeah i would put meyer up there, though I question his recruiting tactics...

Comment

Originally posted by BBIB View Post
              So. Carroll went #3/#1/#1/#1/#2 on Rivals from 2003 to 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by soybean View Post
                yeah i would put meyer up there, though I question his recruiting tactics...
                And you think Peety is squeaky clean?

Face it, teams who pull in the best recruiting classes have some shady business going on with at least one recruit.

Comment

Originally posted by Jericho@SC View Post

Pete is a master salesman. There is no one more charming to recruit's families, no one whose personality is more attractive to recruits. And he does it all with class and ethics.
                  Families love Nick Saban, as do recruits. But Saban is definitely a 'charmer' for the familes. I would say he (Saban) is the best recruiter out there, considering right now how hot USC is it really is not tought to get people to go there.
                  Virginia Tech.
                  ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by JT Jag View Post
                    Nick Saban says "Hello, I just won the recruiting title working for a team that's gone 6-6 for two straight years".
                    While Saban definitely pulled in a great class this year, it was the quantity rather than quality that put Alabama atop the rankings. If Carroll, Tressel, Meyer, Weis or Stoops had room for 32 names, I'm sure they could have pulled that many in. And really, the question of who ended up with the best class won't be determined for a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                      Families love Nick Saban, as do recruits. But Saban is definitely a 'charmer' for the familes. I would say he (Saban) is the best recruiter out there, considering right now how hot USC is it really is not tought to get people to go there.
                      So really, you're saying that Carroll's current rep should be penalized due to his past successes.

I'm not picking sides here, because I don't really think there's a solid basis for comparison. If Saban were coaching UCLA or Carroll were coaching Auburn, it would be much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                        well its tough when USC is stacked at every position on the depth chart but he can still bring in top recruits. pretty impressive if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
                          i don't think he's the best recruiter simply because USC sells itself.
                          I completely agree.

Pete Carroll: "So son, do you want to come play football for a perennial national championship contender that sends about a dozen kids to the NFL each year, located in a city with perfect weather, and on a campus where more than half of the female students are aspiring actresses/models?"

Recruit A: "Sure, why not?"
                          My teams:
                          St. Louis Rams
                          Michigan Wolverines
                          Southern Miss Golden Eagles

Comment

Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
                            Pete Carroll is a great coach and a great recruiter... I'm not trying to take anything away from him, but at this point, all he has to do is say USC wants you kid.
                            Yeah but he built that reputation. Carroll got hired for a reason. The previous coach sucked and couldn't draw recruits. Carroll has built an empire, one that doesn't seem to be dying any time soon.

Comment

And if we're talking about the greatest recruiter in CFB HISTORY, Bear Bryant takes the award walking away.

Comment

southern california. that's it really. bunch of hot girls walking around in bikinis and you're an 18/19 year old kid. it's ******* the beach. SoCal. Pete's done great, but come on...

Bear was the greatest ever, I agree there, but right now, go ahead, hate me for it, Schiano is a top 10 recruiter.

I mean come on, kids never even HEARD of Rutgers, a team that would win one game over 'cuse, and that would take an OT field goal. Kids from Miami follwed him, and now the NY and south jersey kids are going to RU instead of PSU
                                We ALL bleed scarlet
                                New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                                UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                                Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                                BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information