Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

Pete Carroll: The greatest recruiter in the history of CFB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pete Carroll: The greatest recruiter in the history of CFB

Years Past:

Joe McKnight. Dwayne Jarrett. Brian Cushing. Taylor Mays. Keith Rivers. Jeff Byers. Kyle Moore. Mike Williams. John David Booty. Vidal Hazelton. Patrick Turner.

This Year:

TJ Bryant. Nick Perry. Daniel Campbell. and possibly Jerrell Harris.

In terms of locking up local talent and pulling studs from out of state, there has been no one better. Bar none.

i don't think he's the best recruiter simply because USC sells itself.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

yea he is a good recruiter and USC does pretty much sell it self...I'd be willing to put Zooker up there in the argument though...I mean, do you think Pete Carroll could pull in a top 20 recruiting class after going like 3 wins in 2 years, in a place not as desireable as florida, california, etc.?

Comment

Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
        i don't think he's the best recruiter simply because USC sells itself.
        It wasn't in the years before Carrol got there.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Joe McKnight
          Might have to subtract one..lol

Comment

Please. USC did not "sell itself" to OOS recruits in the 90s.

Part of the reason 'SC has been so competitive recently is because they recruit nationally, not locally.

Pete is a master salesman. There is no one more charming to recruit's families, no one whose personality is more attractive to recruits. And he does it all with class and ethics.

They did a poll of Senior Bowl participants in January. Pete Carroll was voted as the coach that players most wanted to play for other than their own (the 8 USC Seniors couldn't vote for Carroll).

What's great about Pete is that he's still learning and getting better. Joe McKnight and TJ Bryant just go to show you that if your prized recruit from in-state is quiet, you better be afraid that he's a silent commit to USC.

Pete Carroll & USC: Stealing a recruit in a city near you!

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
              It wasn't in the years before Carrol got there.
              Pete Carroll is a great coach and a great recruiter... I'm not trying to take anything away from him, but at this point, all he has to do is say USC wants you kid.

Comment

Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
                Pete Carroll is a great coach and a great recruiter... I'm not trying to take anything away from him, but at this point, all he has to do is say USC wants you kid.
                very true, kids are wanting to go to USC as of recently before Carroll even steps foot in the door, its THE place to go right now...

Although some things hurt USC, like too much depth certain positions, they cant lock down huge prospects every year at each position, for instance darrell scott would of looked at usc first but guys who want to play right off the bat dont opt to go the USC route

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Al Golden

Yeah if Pete Carroll can go somewhere else and do the same he is the greatest. If he goes to like PA and pulls in a top class with Temple then that would be amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Jr View Post
                    Might have to subtract one..lol
                    People are actually believing this?

And yes, Pete is a BAMF....just wait till next year, he'll bring in the best SC class ever and will once agian with the recruiting title.

Comment

Originally posted by stillaraiderfan View Post

And yes, Pete is a BAMF....just wait till next year, he'll bring in the best SC class ever and will once agian with the recruiting title.
                      No but it's funny as hell when you think about it.

Comment

Nick Saban says "Hello, I just won the recruiting title working for a team that's gone 6-6 for two straight years".

Comment

Originally posted by stillaraiderfan View Post

cierre woods matt barkley and the list goes on...

Comment

Originally posted by JT Jag View Post
                            Nick Saban says "Hello, I just won the recruiting title working for a team that's gone 6-6 for two straight years".
                            Hi Nick. Let me know when you do something with those recruits. SC sucked before Carroll got there, now look at them.

Comment

the thread isn't about coaching, it's about recruiting...

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information