Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

Horns 09 Recruits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Loston, Pratt, Brockers could all go out of state. Now these guys might not be the number one positional guys Texas was going after but they are all solid.

Having Whaley made going after Pratt foolish, but he could play a number of positions and is a very talented player. Also Christine Michael for that matter. Whaley and him are completely different backs, it never hurts to get the power guy and the speedy guy for your backfield.

Loston is clearly one of the best players in the country.

Brockers would have been the number 2 DE Texas could seek out.

Comment

I've been reading that a few Texas insiders don't think UT is the team to beat for McFarland anymore. They say its LSU right now and Oklahoma is really making a push.

Take that for what its worth though..I don't know that I necessarily believe it.

Comment

I dont believe the ^^ above either.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerBait45 View Post
          I've been reading that a few Texas insiders don't think UT is the team to beat for McFarland anymore. They say its LSU right now and Oklahoma is really making a push.

Take that for what its worth though..I don't know that I necessarily believe it.
          I'm sure McFarland is truly interested in all 3 teams, he said in an interview that his mom is real high on UT because of the academics and it being in-state. Hopefully he'll listen to mamma just like Darrell Scott did.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueGoldGreen View Post
            Not really about recruiting but whats up with Sherrod Harris and GJ Kinne? Are they transferring out or what?
            Sherrod Harris looked excellent in the spring game, alot better then John Chiles, he just looks like a more polished qb and made alot of plays out there...He's a better overall qb then Chiles is right now, and some are open about trying to get Chiles to change his position, he's too much of a talent to waste on the bench , and bump Harris to backup qb behind Colt...Chiles is an athletic guy but he hasnt developed as a qb as well as Harris has, he looks good for us and Im pretty sure Harris wont transfer.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueGoldGreen View Post
              Not really about recruiting but whats up with Sherrod Harris and GJ Kinne? Are they transferring out or what?
              Kinne is transferring

http://www.statesman.com/sports/cont...05texfoot.html

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information