Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

Who is the next "it" school?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the next "it" school?

These sort of things seem to go in cycles, and even if USC seems to be untouchable in this department, the same was said at the beginning of the decade about Miami, and Oklahoma. With that being said, who do you think will be the next "it" school for high school recruits to fawn over?

Wisconsin! I would like to think one day...

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests

Comment

Yeah, its never going to happen...there just is the talent place to recruit from in the MN/WI area where Wisconsin leans so heavily on. We'll always be the corn fed country boys that play old school football. That doesn't get the top level recruits unless they're OL and maybe a RB once in awhile.

I think a team that has a great chance is Alabama. With Saban recruiting, in the heart of high school football country, it only makes sense to me.

Comment

UCLA maybe? It will hard to compete with USC but it could happen one day... maybe

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests

Comment

You can say Clemson could be a good contender. The more they steal Florida players the better.

Comment

west virginia

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

Yeah, Clemson is pulling in some great recruits. I've even noticed quite a few top '09 recruits listing Clemson high on their list. If they can lock up the Carolinas and start poaching more and more Florida recruits, they could be up there pretty soon.

Comment

Originally posted by kwilk103 View Post
                west virginia
                Is your homerism more of a joke now? I mean, I agree that West Virginia is a good program, but you honestly give West Virginia as your answer to basically every question...

Comment

my homerism would say Louisville. but honestly. i think Pitt is one year and one good coach away from being that next "it" program. they have way too many good players on that team to be that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by roidrunner View Post
                    my homerism would say Louisville. but honestly. i think Pitt is one year and one good coach away from being that next "it" program. they have way too many good players on that team to be that bad.

thats the problem, although i would say 2 coaches need to go:

cavanaugh (oc) and wanny

wanny has done anything in 3 years, and cavanaugh hasnt done anything in the pros or in college

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

but to me they are the new it school. i think this will be wanny's last year. then they are going to clean house. and who ever they get as the new coach will have the easiest job to get to a good bowl game. because that team should be killing people

Comment

but to me they are the new it school. i think this will be wanny's last year. then they are going to clean house. and who ever they get as the new coach will have the easiest job to get to a good bowl game. because that team should be killing people
                        i agree if he doesnt win at least 8 he should be gone

but, their ad is pederson; the same guy that resigned at nebraska; he hired callahan (i think) or at least helped with the demise of nebraska football

so, its not like hes that much better

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

they should just clear house. get rid of them all. i think if wanny doesnt win more than 9 games he is a failure this year. that team just has way too much talent. i mean he did have Flacco and look at him now. wanny must be kicking himself, cause he chose Palko over him.

Comment

they should just clear house. get rid of them all. i think if wanny doesnt win more than 9 games he is a failure this year. that team just has way too much talent. i mean he did have Flacco and look at him now. wanny must be kicking himself, cause he chose Palko over him.
                            they also went to a bcs game the year before (although they were a 7-5 team)

he changed the offense system and palko got worse his remaining 2 years

they still dont have a qb

honestly, the wvu game probably saved his job; hes lost games he never should have; like his 1st year vs ohio, vs nebraska; vs navy this year

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

Tino Surini(sp?) is sapposed to be rather good i think he was a elite 11 qb. he is a moble QB, with a good arm

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information