Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

Who is the next "it" school?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alabama, Clemson and Miami.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
      Alabama, Clemson and Miami.
      I gotta fight this one. Miami? For real? Thats all I got to say about that.

Like I said, Bama has been rolling in recruits, even without Saban. Shula was getting great reruits to come to Tusc, so I wouldnt put them in there. But man Miami...Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
        I gotta fight this one. Miami? For real? Thats all I got to say about that.

Like I said, Bama has been rolling in recruits, even without Saban. Shula was getting great reruits to come to Tusc, so I wouldnt put them in there. But man Miami...Wow.
        Please explain yourself. Miami had one of the best recruiting classes last year and has already snagged solid talent this year. I could go further but I don't see the need....Miami is one of the most desirable locations for recruits.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Please explain yourself. Miami had one of the best recruiting classes last year and has already snagged solid talent this year. I could go further but I don't see the need....Miami is one of the most desirable locations for recruits.
          And that is exactly why they wont be an "it" school of the future like the thread is asking lol.

Comment

And that is exactly why they wont be an "it" school of the future like the thread is asking lol.
            Huh? I don't understand at all.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Huh? I don't understand at all.
              The thread is asking who are the NEXT "it" schools. Miami is not going to be an "it" school. Because they are an "it" school right now. Like you said yourself, they are getting top recruits year in and year out.

Comment

The thread is asking who are the NEXT "it" schools. Miami is not going to be an "it" school. Because they are an "it" school right now. Like you said yourself, they are getting top recruits year in and year out.
                Under Coker we steadily declined on the field and in recruiting, but I guess you could say Shannon already made us an it school again. The same could be said about Saban and Alabama too.

In that case, I say North Carolina.

EDIT: And when the thread said "it school" with USC at the top, I figured it meant who is the next USC, the school that just picks through a crop of amazing talent and takes all the best prospects. We've already started doing that to an extent in SoFL. Maybe that will help you understand my point of view now that I know yours.
                Last edited by etk; 03-14-2008, 01:04 PM.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Yep, and thats why I said Bama and Miami are not going to be 'it' schools in the future.

Comment

As the creator of this thread, allow me to clarify. I did mean, the next USC. The school that has the ability to hand pick talent from all over the country, that is the school that most of the top prospects would die to play for. Miami was that school for awhile, so was Oklahoma, now it seems to be USC (look at their backfield, no matter how loaded they are kids still want to come there). So, for the purposes of this thread, Miami, and Alabama are not "It" schools right now.

Comment

I really like what Croom is doing at Mississippi State, I don't know if they will ever be an "it" school but they should be very competitive in the SEC as long as he is there

Anthony Dixon is the best RB you probably haven't heard about, I think even Brian Leonard(aka Scottyboy) could appreciate his leap over Kareem Jackson
                      Last edited by fenikz; 03-24-2008, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Penn State whenever Joe Pa leaves.

Michigan State

Alabama

Oregon

UCLA will be good shortly. They have every advantage that USC has with the exception of perhaps not quite as much football history.

Georgia.
                        Browns & Buckeyes <3

Comment

Oregon
                          Illinois
                          Clemson
                          UNC (iffy on this one because I never think they'll win enough games, Butch is an awful gameday coach)

Here's a sleeper pick... Minnesota. New stadium, new uniforms, great recruiting class. If Brewster can start winning some actual games, they are going to ascend very quickly.
                          "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Tommy Bowden needs to learn how to coach before they become an it school, they have had superior talent in the ACC the last 2 years and still have not made it to the championship game.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....

Comment

Bama and North Carolina.
                              "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Is there a link where I can see Minnesota's new uniforms?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information