Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

Who is the next "it" school?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    I don't know if UGA is considered a "it" school. I know they get basically zero respect as a national power. But I think over the next 2-3 years they could make some serious noise. If we are looking at 5-10 years down the road at a school who is on the up and up, I would throw names like Illinois, Rutgers, and UCONN out there. I could see Illinois becoming a Big 10 power very soon with Zook at the helm. Rutgers has hit the national scene over the last two years, but we will see if Schiano can keep it going w/o Ray Rice. And UCONN has been getting better every year since they entered the league.
    Originally posted by BamaFalcon59
    Open minded is eggs and hot sauce (trading down for Leodis McKelvin, something like that). Stupid is ketchup mixed with milk (that would be drafting Chris Long at three).

    Comment


    • #47
      UCLA and 'Bama are coming around...most definitely. UCLA has a collegiate dream staff filled with recruiters and great coaches. Bama has Saban and that always bodes well in recruiting.

      Miami is coming back quickly in recruiting...they now need to show that they are back to producing elite NFL players.

      Comment


      • #48
        perhaps california, having made a couple of elite pro-prospects can't have done them any harm really. Notre dame had a great recruiting year but then again it kinda already is an it school.


        Saints 2014 draft wish list:
        - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
        - Corner or Wideout in the first
        - No reaching
        - No Kelvin Benjamin

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by wicket View Post
          perhaps california, having made a couple of elite pro-prospects can't have done them any harm really. Notre dame had a great recruiting year but then again it kinda already is an it school.
          I'd go with UCLA before Cal. Until Cal can start pulling in great recruiting classes on a more consistent basis it will be very difficult to give them such a label.

          Comment


          • #50
            I got one: Colorado

            They seem to be on a lot people's lists for recruiting and they've been average for a few seasons. I think that Darrell Scott going there is going to attract other players. Plus, that campus/state is awesome. I could see that in the next couple seasons they move up on recruits lists and start bringing in higher profile guys annually.

            Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

            Comment


            • #51
              Dennis Erickson is making Tempe seem like a very nice place to play...


              Originally posted by Halsey
              I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

              Comment


              • #52
                More and more it seems like Oregon. Terrell Pryor had them in his top 4 and he hadnt visited there yet. Oregon has the potential to become it because of their facilities and uniqueness.
                CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.


                Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
                  More and more it seems like Oregon. Terrell Pryor had them in his top 4 and he hadnt visited there yet. Oregon has the potential to become it because of their facilities and uniqueness.
                  $$$ talks and that is what you get from your athletic program is owned by Nike.


                  Originally posted by Halsey
                  I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Rutgers Rutgers Rutgers, Rutgers Rutgers Rutgers, Rutgers is so amazing, they are the best. In bspn's top 10 recruiting, and pwning everyone!!! Rutgers Rutgers Rutgers, they are the sweetest ever!!!!!!


                    I hope you put that into song, because it was being sung in my head while I posted it
                    We ALL bleed scarlet
                    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                      $$$ talks and that is what you get from your athletic program is owned by Nike.
                      yeah thats true.
                      CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.


                      Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                      JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        yeah there's a youtube video with Dennis Dixson showing you around the facilities at Oregon. Let me just say the facilities alone are enough for a recruit to sign on.


                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                          Rutgers Rutgers Rutgers, Rutgers Rutgers Rutgers, Rutgers is so amazing, they are the best. In bspn's top 10 recruiting, and pwning everyone!!! Rutgers Rutgers Rutgers, they are the sweetest ever!!!!!!


                          I hope you put that into song, because it was being sung in my head while I posted it
                          What happens to Rutgers when Schiano leaves after this season?
                          Last edited by Hokie_Pokie08; 07-23-2008, 01:14 PM.
                          Drink apple juice, cause OJ will kill you.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Hokie_Pokie08 View Post
                            What happens to Rutgers when Schiano leaves?
                            well, I hate to hijack another thread with my immense love of Rutgers, but we had a discussion about this in IRC( i totally won the argument btw)

                            Schiano WON'T leave for quite a few reasons:
                            1: as our resident cheating ginger pointed out, PSU has been saying FOR YEARS that they're going to hire from within
                            2: RU's new funding for the stadium and facilities(on behalf of Schiano's request really) are also a factor
                            3: Right now, I truly believe, Rutgers is amore talented team than PSU. (not talking history and stuff, talking RIGHT NOW)
                            4: RU is taking PSU's recruits from the main areas like New York and South Jersey
                            5: The rumors of Schiano coaching at the U made more sense, considering he coached there. PSU? why? He's a jersey kid with a jersey home. What links does he have to PSU? makes less sense than the Miami job...
                            We ALL bleed scarlet
                            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                              well, I hate to hijack another thread with my immense love of Rutgers, but we had a discussion about this in IRC( i totally won the argument btw)

                              Schiano WON'T leave for quite a few reasons:
                              1: as our resident cheating ginger pointed out, PSU has been saying FOR YEARS that they're going to hire from within
                              2: RU's new funding for the stadium and facilities(on behalf of Schiano's request really) are also a factor
                              3: Right now, I truly believe, Rutgers is amore talented team than PSU. (not talking history and stuff, talking RIGHT NOW)
                              4: RU is taking PSU's recruits from the main areas like New York and South Jersey
                              5: The rumors of Schiano coaching at the U made more sense, considering he coached there. PSU? why? He's a jersey kid with a jersey home. What links does he have to PSU? makes less sense than the Miami job...
                              He got his 1st actual coaching job at Penn State under his mentor Joe Pa. I don't know if you had seen this or not either so here it is as it seems that RU has given Schiano loopholes out of his contract.

                              http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3501399
                              Drink apple juice, cause OJ will kill you.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                The homer in me says USF, the non-homer in my also says USF. We're already the second best program in Florida, the fasting rising program in FBS history, we are in Florida, Leavitt ain't leaving anytime soon. We'll get up there in recruiting classes soon enough
                                Gamertag: OnABoat16 (Games: NCAA 10, NHL 10, Tiger Woods 10)

                                Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
                                Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
                                Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
                                A fan of the USF Bulls

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information