Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

Predict your class 2009

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im sorry Hollywood but their's no way in hell Ray Ray Armstrong ends up playing DE.

Either TE or LB. Slight possibility of S.

Anyone heard the news at canesport. Nix out. Interviewing Malzahn. Jermaine McKenzie might be transferring. We got two really good recievers coming. (Guess what, were only recruiting two right now..... DeBose and Randle.

It's still a wait and see but this info is coming from some of the big-timers there.

Graig Cooper makes opposing defenses look silly.

Comment

Originally posted by djp4516 View Post
      More importantly, Joey, what the **** are you doing up at 5 in the morning on a Saturday?

Best case scenario you're still up drinking. Worst case scenario you woke up at 6 am lol.
      Concealed weapons/hunting permit class in the morning. Had to be up early.

BtW....Geomar, heard the stuff. Been saying for awhile that Ix would be gne despite all the talk otherwise. We are looking at 3-4 guys not just Gus.

Randle is a huge chance. Debose is iffy.

Heard Shawnbery McNeal and Jermaine McKenize are gone that thres talk about Marve.

You can PM me if you want. Im pretty good about getting a gatherng on all the news if u ever wana PM me for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
        I can guarantee you we are not taking 26. No way, No how.

You can cross Henderson off that list. He ain't coming. And there's ZERO chance we take 9 OL.

Heres Mine:

QB- AJ Highsmith, Fort Bend (TX) Hightower 3*
        RB- Mike James, Davenport (FL) Ridge 4*
        RB- Bryce Brown, Wichita (KS) Wichita East 5*
        RB- Lamar Miller, Miami (FL) Killian 4*

WR- Rueben Randle, Bastrop (LA) Bastrop 5*
        TE- Billy Sanders, Coeur d'Alene (ID) Lake City 3*
        TE- Stephen Plein, Fort Myers (FL) Fort Myers 2*
        OL- Cory White, Jacksonville (FL) Fleming Island 3*
        OL- Brandon Washington, New Berlin (NY) Milford Prep 4*

OL- Jared Wheeler, Plantation (FL) American Heritage 3*
        OL- Malcolm Bunche, Newark (DE) Newark 3*
        OL- Roy Watts, Corsicana (TX) Navarro J.C. 4*
        OL- Andrew Tiller, Garden City (NY) Nassau C.C. 3*

DE- Olivier Vernon, Miami (FL) American 4*
        DE- Dyron Dye, Sanford (FL) Seminole 4*
        DT- Luther Robinson, Ft. Pierce (FL) Westwood 4*
        DT- Curtis Porter, Charlotte (NC) Victory Christian 3*

DT- Antwan Lowery, Miami (FL) Columbus 4*
        LB- Antonio Harper, Chatham (VA) Hargrave Military Academy 4*
        LB- Ray Ray Armstrong, Sanford (FL) Seminole 4*
        DB- Brandon McGee, Lauderhill (FL) Plantation 4*
        DB- Prince Kent, Norcross (GA) Norcross 4*
        DB- Jamal Reid, Mayo (FL) Lafayette 4*
        DB- Kayvon Webster, Opa Locka (FL) Monsignor Pace 3*

DB- Demontre Hurst, Lancaster (TX) Lancaster 3*

Slight possbility we could substitute Bobby Massie, Chatham (VA) Hargrave Military Academy 5* in place of Watts.
        How is it no way no possibility at all that we don't take just one more extra guy from what you have in the class? It seems like a possibility to me especially with some of the rumored transfers. Do you think Henderson doesn't have a commitable offer?

Also, you say no way to 9 OL but I just project three of the guys in your class that you don't have playing line to the line - Sanders, Plein and Porter IMO all end up on the line or transfer. Sanders and Plein are NOT University of Miami TE's; I see them both redshirting, bulking up and trying them out at tackle spots, maybe even one of them develops into a center. I love Porter at guard based on film too.

To the poster who said Ray Ray won't play DE - he is already bigger than Marcus Robinson was coming in last year and based on film I've seen from him the dude is not a LB or safety, he either plays TE or DE and will be a beast there too. I've even read already (maybe it was here and Joey wrote it?) that the coaches plan on trying him at DE...

Comment

Updated:

QB: Kevin Newsome
          RB: Curtis Dukes
          WR: Justin Brown, Curtis Drake, Brandon Felder, Devon Smith, Christian Kuntz, Antoine Exum
          OL: Ty Howle, Eric Shrive, Nate Cadogan, Frank Figueroa, Mark Arcidiacono, Adam Gress
          DL: Sean Staley, Gary Gilliam
          LB: Jelani Jenkins, Glen Carson
          DB: Malcolm Willis, Darrell Givens, Stephon Morris, Stephen Obeng-Agyapong, Gerald Hodges
          K: Anthony Fera
          ATH: Derrick Thomas
          Last edited by Hines; 12-17-2008, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
            How is it no way no possibility at all that we don't take just one more extra guy from what you have in the class? It seems like a possibility to me especially with some of the rumored transfers. Do you think Henderson doesn't have a commitable offer?

Also, you say no way to 9 OL but I just project three of the guys in your class that you don't have playing line to the line - Sanders, Plein and Porter IMO all end up on the line or transfer. Sanders and Plein are NOT University of Miami TE's; I see them both redshirting, bulking up and trying them out at tackle spots, maybe even one of them develops into a center. I love Porter at guard based on film too.

To the poster who said Ray Ray won't play DE - he is already bigger than Marcus Robinson was coming in last year and based on film I've seen from him the dude is not a LB or safety, he either plays TE or DE and will be a beast there too. I've even read already (maybe it was here and Joey wrote it?) that the coaches plan on trying him at DE...
            We will not take 26. We are taking a full class of 25. That's the limit. We were only supposed to take 22 or so and transfers are the only reason we are taking a full 25. We cannot take more then that because we took more then the limit last year (30) and any more then the full 25 this season would have to go prep and enroll next year. We are not looking to take extra schollies away from next year's class. We are looking to load up next season. We will take a full class this year but that's it.

Henderson did have a commitable offer and did commit but his mom told him not too because she does not want him at Miami. He will not be here.

Plein has already been told he is being looked at as a TE so there's no sense in projecting him to OL and Sanders has already been told he will be looked at as TE 1st and DE 2nd so there's no sense in projecting him to the OL either. Hence there is no way we are taking 9 OL in this class. Just not possible. Besides Clint Hurtt has already come out more then once and said we are looking at 6-7 OL for this class. So you should probably be projecting in that range and not an outrageous 9 OL. Do you really think the staff would only bring in 1 TE with Zellner leaving and Epps/Gordon both going into SR year. That would leave us with ZERO depth at the position. So of course Plein and Sanders will play TE and either Orson Charles or Ray Ray could join them there.

I have heard some stuff about Ray Ray playing DE here. I have him at LB but that's in no way set in stone. I could see him at DE or TE as well.

Comment

Some people say it really looks like Ohio State could finish with these guys:

QB-Tajh Boyd (5 stars)
              DT-Corey Adams (5 stars)
              OL-Marcus Hall (5 stars)
              WR-Marlon Brown (5 stars)

if that happens, #1 class in the country.
              Last edited by keylime_5; 12-20-2008, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Notre Dame's Current Class:

3* ATH EJ Banks
                4* OL Alex Bullard
                3* LB Carlo Calabrese
                2* OL/ST Jordan Cowart
                3* TE Tyler Eifert
                4* WR Shaq Evans
                4* LB Dan Fox
                2* TE Jake Golic
                4* OL Zach Martin
                4* LB Zeke Motta
                3* ATH Nyshier Oliver
                4* DB Marlon Pollard
                4* RB Theo Riddick
                4* DT Tyler Stockton
                2* K Nick Tausch
                3* P Ben Turk
                4* OL Chris Watt
                5* RB Cierre Wood

Charlie's recruiting confuses me just as mcuh as his coaching. We need DL BADLY. We have 1 DL in this class but we need more. We are out of it for Bonds, Custis, and LaLota (after he squashed the decommitment rumors). Target some lower 3* prospects with great film. I can't take this take the best skill position players but take the most overrated trench players style of recruiting.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                  Some people say it really looks like Ohio State could finish with these guys:

QB-Tajh Boyd (5 stars)
                  DT-Corey Adams (5 stars)
                  OL-Marcus Hall (5 stars)
                  WR-Marlon Brown (5 stars)
                  CB-Jayron Hosley (4 stars)

if that happens, #1 class in the country.
                  Top 3 class but LSU and USC have the best classes by far this year.

Comment

Tennessee could use a big WR like Marlon Brown, even though I'm kind of worried he might not live up to expectations considering how weak the competition he plays is.
                    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                    RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by bball2223 View Post
                      Top 3 class but LSU and USC have the best classes by far this year.
                      not necessarily. If we get those guys then we'll have 8 or 9 five stars (Bell, Fellows, Hall, Berry, Brown, Adams, Simon, Boyd and maybe Corey Brown if he gets upgraded) not to mention 14 Under Armour/US Army All American players. LSU and USC would have to get all the 5 stars they are currently targeting to pass Ohio State as the #1 class if we finish with those guys.

Comment

Marlon Brown is a 4 star on Rivals for what it's worth. But some people prefer Scout I guess.
                        Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                        RIP themaninblack

Comment

Well Florida has no 5* guys at this point, but I think Mike Gillislee is the best we've got. His highlight reel is flat out insane.

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                            Marlon Brown is a 4 star on Rivals for what it's worth. But some people prefer Scout I guess.
                            in my book if you are a 5star on rivals or a 5star on scout, then you're a 5 star.

I think if things go like they should then I think Ohio State will probably have more top 100 guys and 5 stars than USC or LSU, but LSU and USC will have more top 10 and top 20 players. If that happens then it is pretty much a scenario that LSU or USC or OSU has the best recruiting class in the country arguably and they pretty much share a crown, though rivals, scout, espn, etc. like to give it to one school with their little points system. Looking like those 3 for sure in some order will be the top 3 with a pretty big distance between them and the 4th best class this year.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                              not necessarily. If we get those guys then we'll have 8 or 9 five stars (Bell, Fellows, Hall, Berry, Brown, Adams, Simon, Boyd and maybe Corey Brown if he gets upgraded) not to mention 14 Under Armour/US Army All American players. LSU and USC would have to get all the 5 stars they are currently targeting to pass Ohio State as the #1 class if we finish with those guys.
                              Yea but keep in mind ur looking at Scouts rankings. They are very liberal with their stars. Especially with media darlings like OSU, USC and UF.

On rivals, ur holding at the top based on having more players currently commited, not because your players are better.

Once people start closing out their classes they will close the gap and some will pass.

Ur having a top 5 class but Im not sure youll be number 1. I think LSU could take that honor.

Comment

Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
                                Well Florida has no 5* guys at this point, but I think Mike Gillislee is the best we've got. His highlight reel is flat out insane.
                                Ull get Xavier Nixon and you have a good shot at Andre Debose and a few others but by and large ur class is a pretty big letdown with the year ur having.

Ull finish in the top 10 on ESPN because they wanna blow Tebow but ull bw outside looking in on the others.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information