Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

5 Recruits...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kwilk103 View Post
    newsome did not look that great in the elite 11 video i saw
    He has a sore arm, so I wouldn't put too much stock into his "average" performance.

Hmmm... Five guys for Michigan? I'll just do uncommitted guys.

OT Xavier Nixon
    OG Chris Watt
    DE Devon Kennard
    LB Jelani Jenkins
    S Devonte Holloman

Comment

idk, every where i read said he wasnt accurate, and could switch positions at the next level

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

idk, every where i read said he wasnt accurate, and could switch positions at the next level
        If he were on your team, youd be doing backflips about having him and would probably be touting him in this top 5 list. He is one of the 5 best QB recruits in this class. He'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
          If he were on your team, youd be doing backflips about having him and would probably be touting him in this top 5 list. He is one of the 5 best QB recruits in this class. He'll be fine.
          Yeah I don't take anything kwilk says about Michigan seriously.

Comment

The whole Newsome moving positions was from ESPN. Tom Hauck said that if Newsome and Dorian Bell stood next to each other, you'd think that Newsome is the linebacker and not Bell.

Comment

Texas:

JaMarcus McFarland
              Devon Kennard
              Dre Kirkpatrick
              Russell Shepherd
              Trent Richardson

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyjr09 View Post

i think we got the better qb in boyd

prob goin to elite 11 and 70% completion

and the wr at the camp and the psu guy that covered the event felt boyd was the best and should have been the mvp

anyways, boyd was our coaches #1 qb and overall prospect on our recruiting board
                Last edited by kwilk103; 05-12-2008, 04:16 PM.

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by 504 to ATL View Post
                  those guys may all commit to the Tigers anyway. The tigers lead for everyone but Loston, and most people think he will eventually back out of his commitment.
                  Have I missed something about Martinez?

I heard Xavier Sua Filo has us on top of his list, but I haven't heard that from Martinez.

Comment

70% completion isn't always what it's cracked up to be. Pat White completed nearly 67% of his passes but as you know a lot of them were screens.

Comment

i think we got the better qb in boyd

and the wr at the camp and the psu guy that covered the event felt boyd was the best and should have been the mvp

anyways, boyd was our coaches #1 qb and overall prospect on our recruiting board
                      And of course you feel you got the #1 QB. If Michigan had gotten Matt Barkley and you got Boyd, you'd still be saying you got the best QB out there. You're an unabashed Michigan hater/WVU homer. Newsome is very highly regarded, much moreso than Boyd, but of course in your mind WVU got the best guy out there.

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                        70% completion isn't always what it's cracked up to be. Pat White completed nearly 67% of his passes but as you know a lot of them were screens.
                        hes been an mvp at 2 camps; 1 nike, and should have won another this weekend at the elite 11

made it to the finals of the accuracy competition (vs savage) and looked better than newsome----thats if you read the reports from espn, other rivals guys (our guys didnt cover it), and watch the video which was narrated by the guy from sparq that ran the camp

so yea, that accuracy is legit

The Tajh File
                        +6-foot-1, 190
                        +Sophomore season: 131-189-6, 2,059 yards, 25 TDs passing
                        +500 yards rushing, 7 TDs
                        +Second team All-State
                        +Quarterbacked Phoebus to a 26-2 record the last two years
                        +No. 1 QB in Virginia
                        +Offensive MVP National Underclassmen Ultimate 100 camp as sophomore and freshman
                        +UnderArmour All-Star
                        +MVP/QB NIKE Chapel Hill
                        +Regional participant, EA Sports Elite 11 QB
                        +quick drop and set
                        +Beatty coached Boyd as a freshman at Landstown
                        Last edited by kwilk103; 05-12-2008, 06:59 PM.

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

hes been an mvp at 2 camps; 1 nike, and should have won another this weekend at the elite 11

made it to the finals of the accuracy competition (vs savage) and looked better than newsome----thats if you read the reports from espn, other rivals guys (our guys didnt cover it), and watch the video which was narrated by the guy from sparq that ran the camp

so yea, that accuracy is legit

The Tajh File
                          +6-foot-1, 190
                          +Sophomore season: 131-189-6, 2,059 yards, 25 TDs passing
                          +500 yards rushing, 7 TDs
                          +Second team All-State
                          +Quarterbacked Phoebus to a 26-2 record the last two years
                          +No. 1 QB in Virginia
                          +Offensive MVP National Underclassmen Ultimate 100 camp as sophomore and freshman
                          +UnderArmour All-Star
                          +MVP/QB NIKE Chapel Hill
                          +Regional participant, EA Sports Elite 11 QB
                          +quick drop and set
                          +Beatty coached Boyd as a freshman at Landstown

70% is legit because he looked good without pads on without a pass rush? Mmmmmmmk.

#1 QB in Virginia? Did Kevin Newsome move without telling anyone? I see Newsome at 39 on Rivals, Boyd's somewhere in the top 250. Scout has Newsome at 25, Boyd at 90.

Your homerism is really irritating...

Comment

70% is legit because he looked good without pads on without a pass rush? Mmmmmmmk.

#1 QB in Virginia? Did Kevin Newsome move without telling anyone? I see Newsome at 39 on Rivals, Boyd's somewhere in the top 250. Scout has Newsome at 25, Boyd at 90.

Your homerism is really irritating...
                            thats according to va newspapers

and that 70% is from his soph season in hs---with pads

went down to 69.3% his jr season----with pads

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

And of course you feel you got the #1 QB. If Michigan had gotten Matt Barkley and you got Boyd, you'd still be saying you got the best QB out there. You're an unabashed Michigan hater/WVU homer. Newsome is very highly regarded, much moreso than Boyd, but of course in your mind WVU got the best guy out there.
                              Russell Sheppard>all

SEC SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/jokingofcourse

Comment

Originally posted by Hwoarang View Post
                                Russell Sheppard>all

SEC SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/jokingofcourse
                                SEC>speed of light

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information