Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Let's do this.

Jeremy Jackson + Ricardo Miller = epic win.

Way too early and baseless prediction to laugh at in Feb. 2010:

Tennessee has the top class with Miami finishing second and the South Florida homers (like me) will complain way too loud that we really had the best class since we all know South Florida talent is the best.

Comment

Andre Dawson and AJ Derby ftw!

Comment

VT is gonna ball.

Nick Acree, Mark Shuman, and Zack McCray are all near locks and should all be top 100 players. Top 250 at minimum.

There are others, but it is too early to count my eggs.

We have a shot at Phillip Sims. Not a great one, but that could change if our offense shows signs of life this season.

We are going to dominate Virginia and Virginia recruiting like always, but this year could be special recruiting wise (and on the field, of course).
        Virginia Tech.
        ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Scripps Ranch HS RB Brennan Clay is one of my favorites in 2010. He's the best all purpose back in San Diego since Reggie Bush. I'm thinking he follows his teammate Tate Forcier out to Michigan but USC will be in the mix as well

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
            Scripps Ranch HS RB Brennan Clay is one of my favorites in 2010. He's the best all purpose back in San Diego since Reggie Bush. I'm thinking he follows his teammate Tate Forcier out to Michigan but USC will be in the mix as well
            Yeah, he seems to really like Michigan. It's way early though. Right now he's listed as having high interest in Oregon and USC according to his Scout profile, so who knows.

Comment

The SEC will have the top 4 top 10 classes - Florida, Tennessee, LSU, Bama

That's all I'm going to predict for now. Very timid projection, I know.

Comment

Hopefully Nix doesn't continue the trend of early committing studs to be an attention ***** for UM. :)

That is correct comahan
                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                <3 dg

Comment

I was thinking this was going to be opened at 12:01 tonight but oh well.
                  -Love JJ and Ricardo to start the class.
                  -Need a dominant LB though.
                  -Lo Wood should drop very soon (whenever he visits).
                  -If we can get Marvin Robinson up here ASAP the same might happen with him as well, although I could see a Will Campbell-like recruitment with him.
                  -Brennan Clay and Nick Hill are 2 RBs I could definitely see as future Wolverines.
                  -Robert Crisp is THE OT I wnat for this class. Also wouldn't mind seeing James Hurst get an offer.
                  -Derrick Bryant as an early commit would help. So would Will Gholston waiting a while to decide.
                  -Need a good QB in this class as well. Gardner is my ideal pick but wouldn't mind a Malik Stokes/Stephen Morris combo.
                  -Dior Mathis should be fun to follow. Kid is REAL close with the Cass Tech kids. Might be a real good sign for us.

Originally posted by supermario86
                  Stanton will be a pro bowler his 5th year book it.

Comment

wouldnt be surprised if wvu got a committ this weekend at junior day

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

I'm going to try and not get too excited and keep things in perspective this year. With very few prospects committed, everyone seems to have pretty big lists. At this time last year, I admit I got caught up in thinking U-M had a much better chance some guys that were just interested in us. Just last February I felt that Michigan had a great chance to land guys like Russell Shepard, Dorian Bell, Craig Loston, Nu'Keese Richardson, and Chris Norman. We didn't end up getting a single one of those guys.

With that said, here is a more "conservative" guess at who we'll pull in for 2010:

Robert Bolden, QB, Orchard Lake (MI) St. Mary's
                      Austin White, RB, Livonia (MI) Stevenson
                      Ricardo Miller, WR, Orlando (FL) Dr. Phillips
                      Jeremy Jackson, WR, Ann Arbor (MI) Huron
                      Derrick Bryant, DE, Columbus (OH) Brookhaven
                      Daniel Easterly, LB, Detroit (MI) Cass Tech
                      Austin Gray, LB, Warren (MI) Fitzgerald
                      Lo Wood, CB, Apopka (FL) Apopka
                      Marvin Robinson, S, Eagle Lake (FL) Lake Region

Other guys we will be in the mix for:

Devin Gardner, QB, Inkster (MI) Inkster
                      Stephen Morris, QB, Miami (FL) Monsignor Pace
                      Malik Stokes, QB, Philadelphia (PA) Northeast
                      Brennan Clay, RB, San Diego (CA) Scripps Ranch
                      Kenny Shaw, WR, Orlando (FL) Dr. Phillips
                      William Gholston, DE, Detroit (MI) Southeastern
                      Cullen Christian, CB, Pittsburgh (PA) Penn Hills
                      Dior Mathis, CB, Detroit (MI) Cass Tech

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post

Dillion Baxter is the best SD RB since Bush, and Petey thinks so too.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recrui...n-Baxter-32042

Comment

That haircut disqualifies him from being the best "anything," lol.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
                            That haircut disqualifies him from being the best "anything," lol.
                            If anything the HIGHTOP FADE (FTW) makes him more "aerodynamic", but he's cut it short as seen in the video I posted (probably because it gives him a schematic advantage);) .

Comment

Greg Timmons laughs at that pathetic excuse for hair.

That is correct comahan
                              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                              <3 dg

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information