Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
    If I was a prospect, I wouldn't care if it rained, shined, snowed, hailed, or even had tornados and hurricanes. What would matter to me is how comfortable I was with the staff and the school. I had the expierence with living on the East and West coast. It wouldn't matter to me how cold it got, or how warm it got because I would look for playing time and the relationship with the coaches.
    Then you'd be a fool...a dead fool at that. :p

Comment

• Originally posted by HindSight View Post
      He's not saying it isn't a factor. He's saying it's not THE ONLY factor.
      I know that, but from reading his posts he makes it seem like Miami fans are making up statements about how people are attracted to the climate, whether it be coming from the north or staying in the south.

It's not the end-be-all by any means, but it does play a factor. Read interviews with kids after they commit or take visits, a vast majority of kids from the north comment on how nice the warm weather is.
      "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
        That's where your wrong again.

I'm getting annoyed at the fact that you just pump the same family info over and over again on Nix. You have no different information. It's same crap we all knew way before he every committed to Miami. There's nothing new with him that I don't know. You just promote the same info over and over.

For every quote he says about his family liking the Gators, I have a quote where he says he has a special bond with Clint Hurtt (our RC and DL coach).

BTW...he'll supposed to be in Miami next week for the spring game.
        Different info = you think he's Cane lock, I think he's wide open.

Comment

• Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
          Then you'd be a fool...a dead fool at that. :p
          It was a figure of speach asshole! :p

Comment

SBH, don't get your hopes up about Silas Redd. I think he is a Penn State lean. He may say that Florida is on top of his list because you guys offered, but I read he has said that to a lot of schools. He should be a Penn State recruit by now, but says that we want him to play DB, not running back. I think he is just saying all this stuff so Penn State can cave in and tell him he will play RB full time. I still think he is Penn State's to lose.
            Well we're just getting into the race for this kid, I hear we like him a bit more than Roy Finch (a more likely 2nd running back). I agree he's a Penn State lean, but a lean isn't really that much. Definitely would be a Lion if things ended today, but they don't, and that's a good thing for Florida.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
              Well we're just getting into the race for this kid, I hear we like him a bit more than Roy Finch (a more likely 2nd running back). I agree he's a Penn State lean, but a lean isn't really that much. Definitely would be a Lion if things ended today, but they don't, and that's a good thing for Florida.
              I think he is far more then a "lean". He went off and quoted himself saying that we are his dream school. I think Silas is just trying to play a game with Penn State to have him come in as a running back. Not saying you guys dont have a shot, but it is my opinion that he is trying to play games with Penn State.

Comment

I think he is far more then a "lean". He went off and quoted himself saying that we are his dream school. I think Silas is just trying to play a game with Penn State to have him come in as a running back. Not saying you guys dont have a shot, but it is my opinion that he is trying to play games with Penn State.
                Ah, well I haven't seen many quotes up until recently, so I'll take your word for it.

Comment

• since I'm totally bored, does anybody know of any ND leans I might not know about (there is a severe shortage of ND news ever since NSD so its getting rather dull)

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                  - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                  - Corner or Wideout in the first
                  - No reaching
                  - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Ah, well I haven't seen many quotes up until recently, so I'll take your word for it.
                    Link wont work. Dammit

Comment

• Originally posted by wicket View Post
                      since I'm totally bored, does anybody know of any ND leans I might not know about (there is a severe shortage of ND news ever since NSD so its getting rather dull)
                      I think I told you earlier, but I hear Seantrel Henderson is a ND lean right now.

Comment

I think I told you earlier, but I hear Seantrel Henderson is a ND lean right now.
                        Jep you told me but its nice to hear still. He hasnt done anything at all visitwise though due to basketball season. It will be interesting to see where his first visits will be to.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                        - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                        - Corner or Wideout in the first
                        - No reaching
                        - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
                          I know that, but from reading his posts he makes it seem like Miami fans are making up statements about how people are attracted to the climate, whether it be coming from the north or staying in the south.

It's not the end-be-all by any means, but it does play a factor. Read interviews with kids after they commit or take visits, a vast majority of kids from the north comment on how nice the warm weather is.
                          Commenting on how nice the weather is isn't the same thing as saying "I came to Miami because the weather is nice here." The Miami fans make it seem like that's what these kids are saying.....ignoring Miami/Florida/Florida State's success, traditions, facilities, NFL Alumni, schemes, coaches, players, fans,......

Comment

Commenting on how nice the weather is isn't the same thing as saying "I came to Miami because the weather is nice here." The Miami fans make it seem like that's what these kids are saying.....ignoring Miami/Florida/Florida State's success, traditions, facilities, NFL Alumni, schemes, coaches, players, fans,......
                            No they're not. They are saying that it is definitely a factor,not for everyone, when weighing a school in warm weather vs cold weather.
                            "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Then they need to do a better job of conveying it....because for a non-Miami fan it comes across as "These kids are saying in Florida because they love the weather".

Comment

Then they need to do a better job of conveying it....because for a non-Miami fan it comes across as "These kids are saying in Florida because they love the weather".
                                Common sense goes a long way here.

Some things are just understood without having to be said.

We shouldnt have to explain that weather is a secondary factor.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information