Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post
    Austin Gray could be a Hawkeye, soon.
    Not if he gets a Michigan offer...

Comment

• Keylime, do you like Brown at RB or WR? I'm hoping you guys load up in the midwest, so he decides to follow Savage to Rutgers.

Comment

• Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
        Sweet. I can't believe people outside of this state actually give Nashville a passing thought.
        it's the music ******* city. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
          Hollywood said that he wouldn't go to Ohio State because it's cold. That is not a secondary factor.
          Like I said common sense.

If there were no major powerhouse problems in Florida, then he would have no choice but to go north.

So the fact that there are powerhouse programs down here in Florida is the primary factor.

Making weather a secondary factor.

Common sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
            Like I said common sense.

If there were no major powerhouse problems in Florida, then he would have no choice but to go north.

So the fact that there are powerhouse programs down here in Florida is the primary factor.

Making weather a secondary factor.

Common sense.
            Or not a factor at all. You're completely guessing.

Common sense.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Iowa sits just as well as Minnesota with Henderson, plus the lineman tradition. You must be forgetting his head coach John Alt was a former NFL first-round OL that went to Iowa.

Gray should be ok.

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                According to Indiana's scout site the Buckeyes offered Roderick Smith (RB from Ft.Wayne). He's one of the top 3 backs on our board along with Spencer Ware and Corey Brown, 6'4"/220 power back with some moves. Not much film out yet on him, but the staff is really really really high on him (grade issues delayed offer). No film and limited offers due to grade ?s leave him a bit under the radar, but he is one of the top backs, and should commit to OSU very very soon.
                I know that is a real problem for him. It kept ND away from even considering him. fourth/fifth prospect in the whole state of indiana. If you offered you have a REALLY good shot at him.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                - Corner or Wideout in the first
                - No reaching
                - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

No, but we are a major player with him and CJ Fiedorowicz.
                  Lol 10 chars

- No reaching
                  - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Nebraska loves to recruit Arizona it seems like. They offered Tuscon Sabino ATH Keanu Nelso.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                      Nebraska loves to recruit Arizona it seems like. They offered Tuscon Sabino ATH Keanu Nelso.

They recruit everywhere....and they have to.

Comment

• Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
                        They recruit everywhere....and they have to.
                        if i remember they have a longer average distance to campus for their recruits even than ND.

- No reaching
                        - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Iowa sits just as well as Minnesota with Henderson, plus the lineman tradition. You must be forgetting his head coach John Alt was a former NFL first-round OL that went to Iowa.

Gray should be ok.
                          I counteract your "Iowa OL tradition" with the fact that ND now employs Frank Verducci as its OL coach...who kinda sorta coached at Iowa for 10 years or so. To trump it, I'll toss in that he'll get to practice against D-Linemen who are coached by Randy Hart, who's put a few defensive linemen in the NFL, and Bryant Young, whose got a good shot at the NFL HOF.

As for the "the coach went to Iowa" bit, a guy Seantrel considers one of his "best friends" is already working him hard to be Irish....or did you not know that Michael Floyd and Henderson were tight? Toss in that Seantrel has also admitted to being a ND fan, and Iowa's shot in this race went from slim to none.

Seriously dude....wake up. This ain't 2005. I'm pretty sure that Henderson will land at ND, OSU, or Minny...pretty much in that order. As long as ND has a decent season, ND has pretty good shot at him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                            Not if he gets a Michigan offer...
                            That's probably not going to happen anytime soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by JayP View Post
                              Seriously dude....wake up. This ain't 2005. I'm pretty sure that Henderson will land at ND, OSU, or Minny...pretty much in that order. As long as ND has a decent season, ND has pretty good shot at him.
                              USC is a sleeper player in this. He may have said he is a Notre Dame fan, but he's really a USC fan. It's just a question of playing time and if Pete Carroll is willing to make the trip to St. Paul like Tressel was.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Verducci sucks. He was the OL coach at Iowa and every player hated him. Ferentz did more for those OLs than Verducci has done in his career. Seriously, I give it about a year and half before players start complaining about how terrible it is to play under him.

Henderson is prolly going to ND though.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information