Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verducci was probably the worst hire Weis could have made, from a teaching standpoint; however, he can recruit, and I'm not surprised Charlie made the hire based solely on that.

Henderson is better friends with Broderick Binns than Michael Floyd, since they lined up opposite each other in High School :) We have a great shot with him.

Fiedorowicz likes the location, depth chart, and TE success Iowa has had. He's also very comfortable with the coaching staff.

Ferentz' big contract extension is going to bring us a class similar to 2005, without the concentration in Illinois.

Comment

• Treat, don't agree with something you disagree with deep down.

Comment

• Hey, having low expectations means I'll be even happier if something happens :). I would love Henderson, but I'm not taking an optimistic view just yet.

Comment

• But you know what's really up, and you also know what will happen if and when Bulaga wins the outland and is projected top 5 next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post
            But you know what's really up, and you also know what will happen if and when Bulaga wins the outland and is projected top 5 next year.
            Do you know what will happen?

Honestly, if your calling Henderson to Iowa, you just killed your chances.

Since when are you ever right?

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
              Or not a factor at all. You're completely guessing.

Common sense.
              Maybe you should go read interviews from Florida kids when they are picking schools.

Comment

• I'm not calling him to Iowa. We will get one of his visits.

Fiedorowicz has Iowa and ND 1 and 2. We have the edge due to depth chart and coach security. Moeaki is a SR next year, and Reisner will be a JR.

Comment

Verducci was probably the worst hire Weis could have made, from a teaching standpoint; however, he can recruit, and I'm not surprised Charlie made the hire based solely on that.

Henderson is better friends with Broderick Binns than Michael Floyd, since they lined up opposite each other in High School :) We have a great shot with him.

Fiedorowicz likes the location, depth chart, and TE success Iowa has had. He's also very comfortable with the coaching staff.

Ferentz' big contract extension is going to bring us a class similar to 2005, without the concentration in Illinois.
                  Henderson has a small interest in Iowa, they are indeed on his list of teams.

I truly believe it's going to come down to USC and Minnesota (with ND needing to put some results on the field) after talking to his AAU basketball teammate.
                  "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• I heard that Tubby said that Seantrel will be able to play Bball at Minny too for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
                      I heard that Tubby said that Seantrel will be able to play Bball at Minny too for sure.
                      If he comes on a football scholarship, Tubby won't give a hoot if Seantrel comes to play basketball or not. He would be a role player off the bench here, and given his football stature, he's probably not going to end up playing basketball anywhere he goes. It just helps with recruiting.
                      "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

I'm not calling him to Iowa. We will get one of his visits.

Fiedorowicz has Iowa and ND 1 and 2. We have the edge due to depth chart and coach security. Moeaki is a SR next year, and Reisner will be a JR.
                        Nope Fiedorowicz has ND 1 and Wisconsin 2 (really close between the two) everybody else is distant with iowa and osu as second tier and miami and illinois in last.
                        Side Note: ND ownz pro TE succes in recent years

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                        - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                        - Corner or Wideout in the first
                        - No reaching
                        - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• I'm hoping '10 PSU QB commit Paul Jones can make the push for 5* on scout, seeing as how he did fairly well at the Pittsburgh Nike Combine, and had a very good showing at the Scout.com combine in Pittsburgh...plus I know he is attending the PSU Nike camp. FWIW I had heard that his 40 was in the 4.7-4.8 range but I don't know if it'll be considered legit.

Apparently scout was using bracelets that were used electronically at the beginning and end of each events to keep times. I heard that some of the #s were really messed up, WRs running 5.0 or worse in the 40...and other players running 4.4s (skeptically). Who knows...heard they gathered everyone after the fact and told them that they'd be shaving .25 or .025 off the times....all FWIW (I don't know if this is all 100% accurate with regard to scout.com's "event").

-Jones was AWESOME. Every time Jones threw the ball Bob Lichtenfels kept muttering "McNabb".
                          Miller Safrit

-He's built like McNabb. Very thick, he's just a big kid all around and he can throw the ball a mile.
                          Allen Trieu :: Midwest Analyst - Scout.com

-PJ is a grown man now and he really does remind me of McNabb. He measured in at 6-3/222 and was solid. He has a chance to be a special player and PSU is going to have a dilema in the next few years with him and Newsome. His passing mechanics are way ahead of where Kevin was at the same time. He still is a little raw, but should be very good.
                          Bob Lichtenfels
                          Scout.com
                          Regional Recruiting Manager

Someone posted these responses from the main board on scout.

http://pennstate.scout.com/a.z?s=157&p=2&c=848008

Quarterback:

All eyes were on Penn State commit Paul Jones (McKees Rocks/Pa./Sto-Rox) and the talented senior did not disappoint. Jones has grown into his body and is already looking like he spent a couple years in a college weight room. Jones impressed with his arm strength. He has one of the strongest arms we have seen come out of Pennsylvania in a number of years. Not only does he throw with velocity, he throws a nice tight spiral. Jones took a ton of reps and was still throwing darts at the end of the camp.
                          "If nobody told you how good you were, how good would you be?"

Comment

• Everything I said will be proven down the road.

Austin Gray will be a Hawkeye soon.

Comment

Everything I said will be proven down the road.

Austin Gray will be a Hawkeye soon.
                              Except for that Seantrel Henderson has very little interest in Iowa.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
                                Except for that Seantrel Henderson has very little interest in Iowa.
                                nor fiedorowicz

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                                - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                                - Corner or Wideout in the first
                                - No reaching
                                - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information