Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bama9507 View Post
    Why are you being smart with me ?
    Must be a new guy.

Comment

• Just getting the subscription for now.

Originally posted by Jakey
      WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
        Must be a new guy.

He doesn't know about "Joey being Joey", lol;)

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
          I loved his highlight film, but I do not think he will be fast enough to play WR in college. Maybe he does get faster, but he just screams tight end to me for some reason. I wouldn't mind him on Penn State though.
          eh, i definitely think he's fast enough for WR in college... You don't have to be extremely fast to play WR in college. In the pros? maybe... but I think he'll be among the top WRs next year.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

• Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
            eh, i definitely think he's fast enough for WR in college... You don't have to be extremely fast to play WR in college. In the pros? maybe... but I think he'll be among the top WRs next year.
            Same deal with Logan Thomas. Though Thomas won't have problems getting deep.
            Virginia Tech.
            ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
              i pray every night he goes to UW.
              I think you guys have the best shot if you do alright (bowl maybe). Even thought he said nobody was the favorite in his top 10, I feel ND is lurking in the top 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
                That is true and I do think he will be a 4 star on both sites, but that still doesn't change my mind about him growing into a TE. A very long strider.

Comment

• Originally posted by fresssh View Post
                  Ragoo, one of the top offensive linemen in the Class of 2010 and a huge one at that already measuring 6-foot-7 and 310 pounds, was walking around the Boyd Anderson gym during Pace’s basketball game against Boyd Anderson with a University of Miami sweatshirt on.

“It’s just a Christmas present from my mom. She was just saying that she likes the UM. We went the game and they treated her right so she just wanted me to put it on and see how it feels. I like it a lot,” Ragoo said.

Ragoo has received offers from UM and LSU, but his mom is clearly a proponent of Miami.

“She likes UM, but she wants me to think about my academics and the atmosphere of the school, but UM has all of the things that I want to do in school and it’s a school that I am really looking into,” Ragoo said.

Ragoo said that he grew up a Miami fan and later on became a Miami/Florida fan because his cousin played at Florida while he was growing up, but his loyalty seems to reside more with the ‘Canes.

“I grew up a UM fan, then later a UM fan slash UF fan cause my cousin played for UF, Teako Brown. He used to play strong safety,” Ragoo. insidetheu.com

Ravonne Carter said he grew up a fan of the University of Miami.

"I want to be there," Carter said. "I like Miami. I like the atmosphere, the players, and the speed. I just want to be a part of it. I want to win a championship at the University of Miami, get drafted, the whole thing."

Carter is also a track standout in the 300 meter hurdles (51.95), 400 meter hurdles (57.38), and the long jump (14-3). insidetheu.com
                  - Regarding Ragoo and Carter: Kids say this all the time. I'm telling you, no one around Miami has heard anything about these kids.Did you not read the article yesterday about kids going around saying they were offered by Miami to get their name out there but in reality they were never offered? Neither of these kids are top targets right now. Like I said, they don't look like BCS prospects.

-Regarding Olgetree: He was a fan of Miami big deal. Would you like me to name the amount of kids that are Miami fans but didn't sign here? He is NOT a Miami lean. I bet I could dig up him saying similar quotes about just about every team that offered him.

- Regarding Mathis: He was offered but he is being looked at by the coaches as a backup plan. We have bigger targets (i.e. Joyner and Marshall) on the board 1st. The article you posted on Mathis is extremely old and he never committed and doesn't have a commitable offer. He is extremely likely to end up at Michigan with his teammates.

-Regarding Leonard from Killian: Should have been on the board. Hes a target and should be an easy get because of his school and his friendship with Lamar Miller.

- Regarding the 3 STA kids close to committing. Not gonna happen right now. Dior Mathis was gonna commit on Sept 1st remember? We don't have 3 STA kids locked up. We have maybe 1. We could get all 3 prospects but it aint happening soon. We would need alot of chips to fall (not all good) in order to land all 3.

Did I miss anything else?

Comment

• Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
                    He doesn't know about "Joey being Joey", lol;)
                    Catchy. I like it.

Over/Under on me being hated on here as much as Manny is in Boston?

Comment

Catchy. I like it.

Under. Most of the real Sox fans appreciate Manny, we're just kind of sour to his success elswhere and what he pulled to get out. If he were more direct and respectful it wouldn't have been an issue.

Believe me, if he wanted to come back, there would be riots in the street if Theo didn't pull the trigger.

Personally, I appreciate the information you bring, I just think you come off as a slightly overly-cocky Miami fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
                        Under. Most of the real Sox fans appreciate Manny, we're just kind of sour to his success elswhere and what he pulled to get out. If he were more direct and respectful it wouldn't have been an issue.

Believe me, if he wanted to come back, there would be riots in the street if Theo didn't pull the trigger.

Personally, I appreciate the information you bring, I just think you come off as a very overly-cocky Miami fan.
                        Fixed it for you.

Comment

Fixed it for you.
                          Well I wasn't trying to start anything, so I made a slight modification in my real beliefs...

But yeah, you did fix it. ;)

Comment

Catchy. I like it.

I was thinking about Manny when he was in Boston winning championships, not current manny. He pissed off the fans all the time...but they didn't care, because he's manny.

Comment

- Regarding Ragoo and Carter: Kids say this all the time. I'm telling you, no one around Miami has heard anything about these kids.Did you not read the article yesterday about kids going around saying they were offered by Miami to get their name out there but in reality they were never offered? Neither of these kids are top targets right now. Like I said, they don't look like BCS prospects.

-Regarding Olgetree: He was a fan of Miami big deal. Would you like me to name the amount of kids that are Miami fans but didn't sign here? He is NOT a Miami lean. I bet I could dig up him saying similar quotes about just about every team that offered him.

- Regarding Mathis: He was offered but he is being looked at by the coaches as a backup plan. We have bigger targets (i.e. Joyner and Marshall) on the board 1st. The article you posted on Mathis is extremely old and he never committed and doesn't have a commitable offer. He is extremely likely to end up at Michigan with his teammates.

-Regarding Leonard from Killian: Should have been on the board. Hes a target and should be an easy get because of his school and his friendship with Lamar Miller.

- Regarding the 3 STA kids close to committing. Not gonna happen right now. Dior Mathis was gonna commit on Sept 1st remember? We don't have 3 STA kids locked up. We have maybe 1. We could get all 3 prospects but it aint happening soon. We would need alot of chips to fall (not all good) in order to land all 3.

Did I miss anything else?
                              Yea Keiwone Malone.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
                                Well I wasn't trying to start anything, so I made a slight modification in my real beliefs...

But yeah, you did fix it. ;)
                                No problem.

What kinda of Miami fan would I be if I wasnt brash, cocky and hated by everyone?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information