Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently these guys could pull the trigger soon for FSU:

OL Ed Christian, DT Brandon Willis, DT Denzel McCoy, LB Christian Jones and CB Lamarcus Joyner

Comment

• Originally posted by fresssh View Post
      Joey. What about LB Jeff Luc? 1 of the best LB's in the state. And he plays MLB. Sounds like someone we really need to target.
      If Jeff Luc doesn't get any bigger I really like him as a MLB prospect too. Problem is though is it looks like he will get a lot bigger and as a 6 foot DE he isn't a great prospect.

Comment

• from what I understand, next year could be a very very good class for Michigan.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
          Apparently these guys could pull the trigger soon for FSU:

OL Ed Christian, DT Brandon Willis, DT Denzel McCoy, LB Christian Jones and CB Lamarcus Joyner
          Christian Jones is an FSU lock.

Don't know much about the other guys other then Joyner.

I'm expecting Joyner to be an FSU/Miami battle but I'm fully expecting to land him at the end of the day.

He's already said if not for wanting to leave home, he'd be at Miami. When you factor in that he likes us that much already. Plus the fact he is transferring to a big Miami pipeline like Columbus and will have Jahkari Gore as a teammate all year. I'm expecting us to be able to seal the deal with him for his signature.

Comment

• Originally posted by fresssh View Post
            Joey. What about LB Jeff Luc? 1 of the best LB's in the state. And he plays MLB. Sounds like someone we really need to target.
            Heard of him just in passing.

He really isn't a great fit for us. Really wierd size combo for our scheme. I'm almost inclined to say he has to put on alot of weight an be a DT.

He'll be too wide and slow for MLB and he's too short and slow for DE.

He most his hips real well and can shed blocks and his instincts are solid. But I don't know if he will fit what we are trying to do and he certainly isn't explosive nor hes he have top notch speed.

I really think he could be a long term project DT but I haven't seen him enough to know if his frame is big enough to hold the weight.

We'll see. I haven't heard of him being high on the Miami board at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post

He most his hips real well and can shed blocks and his instincts are solid. But I don't know if he will fit what we are trying to do and he certainly isn't explosive nor hes he have top notch speed.
              See to me that is what makes the perfect MIKE. You don't have to have top notch speed, you just have to be able to take on the guards and center and be able to shed blocks. To play in Shannon's system you also have to be extremely smart of course.

You're right in that he does have an odd height/weight combo so we'll see. Can't wait to see what he does in the off season camps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                See to me that is what makes the perfect MIKE. You don't have to have top notch speed, you just have to be able to take on the guards and center and be able to shed blocks. To play in Shannon's system you also have to be extremely smart of course.

You're right in that he does have an odd height/weight combo so we'll see. Can't wait to see what he does in the off season camps.
                Not if we are going back to Randy's system.

Speed is a must with what he ran. Yes I agree MLB need some of the sbove but with what Randy runs you need speed as well.

Look at Vilma, Morgan, Beason, Gooden.

All super fast.

Then you got a slow one like Cook and look bad he was. He didn't have a good year until BY got here and implemented a different defense that does emphasize speed as much.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
                  Not if we are going back to Randy's system.

Speed is a must with what he ran. Yes I agree MLB need some of the sbove but with what Randy runs you need speed as well.

Look at Vilma, Morgan, Beason, Gooden.

All super fast.

Then you got a slow one like Cook and look bad he was. He didn't have a good year until BY got here and implemented a different defense that does emphasize speed as much.

Well I don't think we have an accurate 40 time on Luc though. He could be one of those guys that drops 5 pounds and goes out and runs a 4.5. Could also really be a 4.8 guy like his time is reported as right now, I just don't buy it.

Like I said though, definitely an interesting guy to watch and see what he does in the offseason at the camps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                    Well I don't think we have an accurate 40 time on Luc though. He could be one of those guys that drops 5 pounds and goes out and runs a 4.5. Could also really be a 4.8 guy like his time is reported as right now, I just don't buy it.

Like I said though, definitely an interesting guy to watch and see what he does in the offseason at the camps.
                    Judging by how slow he looked in his tape. I'd say its accurate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Axl Rose View Post
                      You do realize ND has destroyed Alabama almost every time they played. I think ND has a 7-1 record against Alabama including a win in the the 66 NC game.
                      Oh my god they beat the in the 1966 title game ?!?!? NOOOOOO !

Comment

• Originally posted by wicket View Post
                        well with bama not 30 im sure about that cause then they would've hit that 85 schollie wall by know, the adjusted rankings are published but receive almost no attention. ND won all the adjusted rankings last year since they almost never lose anyone.
                        Until their sophmore season when they leave the school for "personal reasons" aka Weis being a douche.

Comment

• Originally posted by CC View Post
                          Until their sophmore season when they leave the school for "personal reasons" aka Weis being a douche.
                          you mean walls who has already returned

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                          - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                          - Corner or Wideout in the first
                          - No reaching
                          - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• For the Bama trashers...quit hating on the 2 time defending recruiting champions

ALABAMA NON-QUALIFIERS 2007-2008 [6]
                            Kerry Murphy _DT

****Accepted Gray-shirt due to injury****
                            Jermaine Preyear _RB

****Drafted in the MLB Draft*****
                            Destin Hood _WR
                            Melvin Ray _WR
                            Elliott McGaskin _DB

*****Transferred before Fall Enrollment****
                            Jamar Taylor _RB _3* _5-9 _204 _4.66 _5.7 _Lakeland, FL

Comment

• Originally posted by Bama9507 View Post
                              For the Bama trashers...quit hating on the 2 time defending recruiting champions

ALABAMA NON-QUALIFIERS 2007-2008 [6]
                              Kerry Murphy _DT

****Accepted Gray-shirt due to injury****
                              Jermaine Preyear _RB

****Drafted in the MLB Draft*****
                              Destin Hood _WR
                              Melvin Ray _WR
                              Elliott McGaskin _DB

*****Transferred before Fall Enrollment****
                              Jamar Taylor _RB _3* _5-9 _204 _4.66 _5.7 _Lakeland, FL
                              6 is maybe not ole missesque but still a bunch though. and i took alabama as example. ole miss would prolly be better

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                              - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                              - Corner or Wideout in the first
                              - No reaching
                              - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                                Florida guys;

Any thoughts on Casey Turner RB and Calvin Smith DT? We are sitting well with both from what I understand.
                                Don't know much about Casey Turner but I thought I remember hearing that Calvin Smith's dad helped pushed Liuget to Illinois and Smith will follow. He is about 6'3'' 250 and will play DT in college. Claims to have a Miami offer too. Most think his teammate Corey Lemonier is the better prospect though.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information