Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
    Greg Timmons laughs at that pathetic excuse for hair.

Timmons' HTF is all lopsided n'****. Seriously, dont sit there and say Dillon Baxter's hair aint long and luxurious when you know it is *****.;)

Comment

Acree supposedly is going to start out at four stars.

For my money though, he would destroy any offensive lineman in the country if he wanted to. He's done it at every camp he has been too. So physically gifted.

Talk like this will be common over the next year. It will only increase as he hits the college ranks and then gos number one overall in the National Football League Draft.
      Virginia Tech.
      ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post

For my money though, he would destroy any offensive lineman in the country if he wanted to. He's done it at every camp he has been too. So physically gifted.

Talk like this will be common over the next year. It will only increase as he hits the college ranks and then gos number one overall in the National Football League Draft.
        Good to see you're keeping the expectations modest for him.

Comment

When are the new Rivals rankings going to come out?

Comment

Like I've said before, for somebody so big and muscular, he doesn't seem that strong, either that or he plays with poor leverage. He looks better at DE to me, but that's just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
              Good to see you're keeping the expectations modest for him.
              Yeah.

It's hard, but I try. I'm also expecting a Ricky Williams type deal to trade up and get him. First rookie to get 100,000,000 dollars for a rookie contract. If they say no...well, they won't say no.
              Virginia Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
                Like I've said before, for somebody so big and muscular, he doesn't seem that strong, either that or he plays with poor leverage. He looks better at DE to me, but that's just my opinion.
                Err, what? He fork lifted a kid at the All American combine and destroyed Robert Crisp.

As a sophmore he benched 425 and squated 575.

Coach Wiles and Coach Foster have been granted a massive amount of clay to mold.
                Virginia Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
                  When are the new Rivals rankings going to come out?
                  About a month or two.

The take a few weeks to wrap this class and then another few weeks to wrap up the rankings for 2010.

Comment

Err, what? He fork lifted a kid at the All American combine and destroyed Robert Crisp.

As a sophmore he benched 425 and squated 575.

Coach Wiles and Coach Foster have been granted a massive amount of clay to mold.
                    He got worked by a a six foot 290 pound kid at the AJC, only beat him when he used his speed. When they went head up he couldn't overpower him.

Comment

Didn't Acree get stoned by some no name TWICE in San Antonio?

Would love to see Seantrel handle him just to shut VT people up.

Originally posted by supermario86
                      Stanton will be a pro bowler his 5th year book it.

Comment

I'm gonna laugh to much if Acree turns out to be a massive bust.

He is all potential and combine numbers at this point.

Film is less then impressive.

Put him up against some big college boys and they will make him and his maxed out frame look like crap.

There are 3-4 other DTs in this class at least on par or better.

Comment

Originally posted by Newbs24 View Post
                          Didn't Acree get stoned by some no name TWICE in San Antonio?

Would love to see Seantrel handle him just to shut VT people up.
                          Yeah, you know what I'm talking about.

Put him up against some big college boys and they will make him and his maxed out frame look like crap.

Sharrif Floyd comes to mind.

Comment

Post this in the Canes thread but seeing as we are talking 2010 now, I'll post it here too for conversation sake. Commits in bold.

Easy Targets:

WR- Quentin Dunbar, Miami (FL) Booker T. Washington
                            WR- Willis Wright, Miami Springs (FL) Miami Springs
                            RB- Jahkari Gore, Miami (FL) Columbus (WL250)
                            OL- Torrian Wilson, Miami (FL) Northwestern
                            OL- Brandon Linder, Ft. Lauderdale (FL) St. Thomas Aqunias
                            OL- Jose Jose, Miami (FL) Booker T. Washington
                            OL- Jacob Wheeler, Plantation (FL) American Heritage
                            DT- Todd Chandler, Miami (FL) Northwestern (WL250) 5* Candidate
                            DT- Calvin Smith, Hialeah (FL) Hialeah (WL250)
                            DE- Corey Lemonier, Hialeah (FL) Hialeah (WL250)
                            DE- Lyndon Trail, Miami (FL) Booker T. Washington (WL250)
                            CB- Khalil Marshall, Miami (FL) Northwestern
                            WR- Michaelee Harris, Miami (FL) Northwestern
                            ATH- Jeffery Godfrey, Miami (FL) Miami Central (WL250)
                            K- Jose Diaz, Miami (FL) Booker T. Washington

Will need some work:
                            RB- Brandon Gainer, Miami (FL) Miami Central (WL250)
                            WR- Ted Meline, Miami (FL) Booker T. Washington (WL250)
                            WR- Ivan McCartney, Miramar (FL) Miramar (WL250)
                            OL-Tavadis Glenn, Jacksonville (FL) Terry Parker (WL250) 5* Candidate
                            LB- LeNerick Reddick, Miami (FL) Miami Central
                            CB- Cody Riggs, Fort Lauderdale (FL) St. Thomas Aquinas
                            S- Demeterius Pettaway, Homestead (FL) Homestead
                            RB- Eduardo Clements, Miami (FL) Booker T. Washington (WL250)
                            RB- Giovanni Bernard, Ft. Lauderdale (FL) St. Thomas Aquinas (WL250)
                            DL- Ego Ferguson, Frederick (MD) St. John’s Prep (WL250) 5* Candidate
                            CB- Dior Mathis, Detroit (MI) Cass Tech
                            S- Alec Ogletree, Newnan (GA) Newnan (WL250) 5* Candidate
                            S- Demar Dorsey, Lauderdale Lakes (FL) Boyd Anderson

Highest Priority:
                            QB- Blake Bell, Wichita (KS) Bishop Carroll (WL250) 5* Candidate
                            CB- LaMarcus Joyner, Miami (FL) Southwest (WL250) 5* Candidate
                            OL- Robert Crisp, Chapel Hill (NC) Chapel Hill (WL250) 5* Candidate
                            DT- Louis Nix, Jacksonville (FL) Raines (WL250) 5* Candidate
                            TE- Gerald Christian, West Palm Beach (FL) Dwyer (WL250)

Longshots:
                            RB- Corvin Lamb, Miami (FL) Northwestern (WL250)
                            WR- De’Joshua Johnson, Pahokee (FL) Pahokee (WL250)
                            WR- Tai-ler Jones, Gainesville (GA)Gainesville HS
                            OL- Chaz Green, Tampa (FL) Tampa Cathloic
                            LB- Gideon Ajagbe, Coconut Grove (FL) Ransom Everglades (WL250)
                            LB- Christian Jones, Winter Park (FL) Lake Howell
                            LB- Khairi Fortt, Stamford (CT) Stamford (WL250)
                            CB- Joseph Randle, Wichita (KS) Wichita Southeast (WL250)

You guys need to step your game up. I've had a solid list of 2010 options for a week already. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post

If Bud Foster and Coach Wiles are our coaches when he is here then that will be next to impossible.

He is going to make your boys Nix and Chandler look like children.

It was much better when you were not commenting me.

And Braveheart, it is easy to get under a guy you are the same weight as and six inches shorter. Especially when he lacks a ton of technique. Acree, right now, is getting by on all physical ability. And he is still beating just about everybody.
                              Virginia Tech.

Comment

What? A Miami NW kid that is a longshot to the U? Whats the deal with Corvin?

Originally posted by supermario86
                                Stanton will be a pro bowler his 5th year book it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information