Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seantrell Henderson isn't going to Florida. And weather? Gainesville ******* sucks. It's a backwater swamphole full of idiot rednecks, constantly humid, and no beach. Weather I can understand for a school like Miami or USC, but hotter doesn't necessarily = better.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Axl Rose got owned haha

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
      Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Originally posted by Paul
      I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
      LOL props to Paul

Comment

• Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
        Something about Paul Jones and the Penn. State coaches misleading him.

Said he called VT coaches soon after Paul Jones committed.

Just what I read.
        I thought both his mother and father wanted him elsewhere...I recall his father being pretty involved throughout his recruitment and while it seemed that he liked MM, and PSU, he came off as someone that was shopping his son wherever he could develop into an NFL QB.

You know Newsome will remain a QB at PSU, the only thing I could think of that he could have been misled about was PSU's chances with Paul Jones. Hell, it was pretty much as close to a lock as you can get with PJ, regardless of what Bob L. or anyone else says.

Maybe the PSU coaches played Newsome a bit and made it seem like the prospects of other QBs coming in weren't very good, I'd have no problem with that and if that were a reason for being unsettled Kevin Newsome shouldn't concern himself with it.

Unless he sees himself as a big-time project, he should show some confidence and bust his a$$ as the #2, he will see the field in '09 (a lot) and is damn near a lock to start as a true sophomore - can't get any better then that. I think he has a really good relationship with MM, Daryll Clark and incoming OT recruit Eric Shrive - hopefully they'll reel him in.
        "If nobody told you how good you were, how good would you be?"

Comment

• Here is what I think on Henderson.

Notre Dame is not in as good as shape as their fans seem to think they are. Henderson seems enamored with USC and I think that if they really want him, ultimately they are going to get him.

Tim Brewster is going to put up one hell of a fight and I would not be shocked at all to see him stay home. Henderson has told media that he likes the idea of being the cornerstone recruit for a program much like Arrelious Benn was for Illinois, Derrick Williams at the resurgence of Penn State, and other players of that nature. He's also been spotted wearing Gopher gear a ton and the new coach at Cretin (Scanlan) is much more into the Gophers than Bischoff ever was.

Ultimately I think it comes down to Minnesota, USC, and Notre Dame. With USC as my prediction as of now. But so many things can happen from now and then this is really just a crappy estimate.
          "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Looks like Rodriguez and Michigan are trying the Zook strategy this year; offering lots of Ohio kids early on. Just the past week they've offered LaTwan Anderson, Jerald Robinson, and Antonio Kinard (not to mention other early offers like Darryl Baldwin, Derrick Bryant, etc.). Lane Kiffin looks like he's trying a similar strategy to get into Glenville, he offered DB Christian Bryant, not sure if he's gonna have any luck there but it's worth a try. I'm not sure about Kinard, but I think Ohio State will offer Anderson, Bryant, and maybe Robinson.

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
              Looks like Rodriguez and Michigan are trying the Zook strategy this year; offering lots of Ohio kids early on. Just the past week they've offered LaTwan Anderson, Jerald Robinson, and Antonio Kinard (not to mention other early offers like Darryl Baldwin, Derrick Bryant, etc.). Lane Kiffin looks like he's trying a similar strategy to get into Glenville, he offered DB Christian Bryant, not sure if he's gonna have any luck there but it's worth a try. I'm not sure about Kinard, but I think Ohio State will offer Anderson, Bryant, and maybe Robinson.
              I don't really think it's a "Zook strategy". From what I hear, Ohio is absolutely loaded for '10 prospects. The state of Michigan only has a couple elite players every year so of course he's going to have to dip into Ohio. I think UM signed 7 Ohioans last year.

How good is that Kinard kid? I think he's from the same HS as Isaiah Bell and Fitz Toussaint.

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                Looks like Rodriguez and Michigan are trying the Zook strategy this year; offering lots of Ohio kids early on. Just the past week they've offered LaTwan Anderson, Jerald Robinson, and Antonio Kinard (not to mention other early offers like Darryl Baldwin, Derrick Bryant, etc.). Lane Kiffin looks like he's trying a similar strategy to get into Glenville, he offered DB Christian Bryant, not sure if he's gonna have any luck there but it's worth a try. I'm not sure about Kinard, but I think Ohio State will offer Anderson, Bryant, and maybe Robinson.

Penn State is also thinking about offering him. What position does he project at in college since they have him listed at 6'4 200 pounds. I saw some film, but didn't pat attention enough to actually come away with anything from it. Care to tell me a little bit about him?

Comment

• Originally posted by PENNSTATEHOMER View Post
                  I thought both his mother and father wanted him elsewhere...I recall his father being pretty involved throughout his recruitment and while it seemed that he liked MM, and PSU, he came off as someone that was shopping his son wherever he could develop into an NFL QB.

You know Newsome will remain a QB at PSU, the only thing I could think of that he could have been misled about was PSU's chances with Paul Jones. Hell, it was pretty much as close to a lock as you can get with PJ, regardless of what Bob L. or anyone else says.

Maybe the PSU coaches played Newsome a bit and made it seem like the prospects of other QBs coming in weren't very good, I'd have no problem with that and if that were a reason for being unsettled Kevin Newsome shouldn't concern himself with it.

Unless he sees himself as a big-time project, he should show some confidence and bust his a$$ as the #2, he will see the field in '09 (a lot) and is damn near a lock to start as a true sophomore - can't get any better then that. I think he has a really good relationship with MM, Daryll Clark and incoming OT recruit Eric Shrive - hopefully they'll reel him in.
                  I responded to your message.
                  Virginia Tech.
                  ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• Kinard's a good fit as a pass rushing OLB, but he's rather raw and very athletic. I don't know that much about him yet, he really popped on the radar just less than a month ago. Looks like Michigan is trying to get a good inroads to Liberty HS. Most of these guys like Robinson, Anderson, Bryant, and Kinard Ohio State won't decide on offering or not until spring, and then the chances of them landing with certain teams will become more clear. Jerald Robinson and Christian Bryant and probably LaTwan Anderson I think Ohio State offers, we might be more picky at linebacker since we already have 2 pretty much in the bag for 2010 in McVey and Turner.

Comment

• Jerald Robinson declared U-M his leader, but I'm not really sure on the situation. That might only be because he doesn't have an OSU offer yet.

Comment

• yeah, he's big on OSU ("If Ohio State would offer me a scholarship I would take it that day, no doubt about it. I wouldn't need to wait around for anything else, or take any time to think about it.") , but he won't find out if we're gonna offer him until sometime between spring and summer camp. I think we will, but if we don't Michigan has a great shot.

Comment

• Gator insiders and others expect 2010 FS Jonathan Dowling to commit to UF soon.

His highlights start at the 3:00 mark.

Comment

• Check out this video of Corey Lemmonier, DE Hialeah.

http://64.237.99.126/clips/NPN2010FLX5.wmv

If that's not a 5 star DE, I don't know what is...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                              Check out this video of Corey Lemmonier, DE Hialeah.

http://64.237.99.126/clips/NPN2010FLX5.wmv

If that's not a 5 star DE, I don't know what is...
                              He misses way too many tackles to be a 5*, but he looks raw...

Incredible athletic ability, a little coaching and he's a stud. I say 4* right now though.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
                                He misses way too many tackles to be a 5*, but he looks raw...

Incredible athletic ability, a little coaching and he's a stud. I say 4* right now though.
                                Yea you may be right and he probably will be a 4 star because of that, but man you can't teach that kind of speed, agility and size. My favorite thing though is the 'motor' on him. Usually the phrase motor is reserved for the slightly under athletic (my made up term) white guy who goes non stop; you'll rarely see it applied to freak athletes like Lemmonier, but based on that clip this guy has a non stop motor.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information