Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Bama9507 View Post
    Lies I didn't complain. I was laughing at your for taking that rep crap seriously like it means something.
    What's funny is you thinking I'm the one that takes it seriously but yet you care enough to PM me and then right posts about it all over the thread.

    How about you left the boards and come back when your past the age of 12.

    I'll go ahead and block you so I don't have to deal with this.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Bama9507 View Post
      BACK to recruiting. Look for Bama to get an early committment from Keenan Allen soon. 3-peat here we come.
      I don't think he commits early. I know he is an Alabama lean but he got that offer and didn't commit on the spot like some people were to think. I think Penn State has a decent shot at him.

      Comment


      • Jake Matthews (2010 offensive lineman and son of HOF Bruce Matthews) is favoring "USC, Texas A&M, Oklahoma and maybe Texas". He has alot of family ties at USC (obviously) and his brother plays at A&M, but he's said things like "My goal is to make a name for myself and try to be the best I can from what Ive been blessed with. which makes me believe (atleast right now) that he doesn't want to be a "Legacy", and go somewhere else (probably UT,OU,STAN,UO,etc...). He isn't favoring anybody but the schools that he listed (USC/A&M/OU/UT) will probably be where he goes. I expect him to play with his brother at A&M.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Bama9507 View Post
          Alabama is the leader for Broadway. He will have to sit 3 years though behind our other stud QB's.
          LSU is going to make a run at him, bet your life on it, and when they do we'll see for sure where everything stands.

          I'd take Broadway over AJ McCarron all day, btw. Broadway is the real deal. McCarron looks like he's 13
          Last edited by TigerBait45; 02-07-2009, 09:31 PM.

          Comment


          • UT picked up 3 commits today, including the top DT in the state. Our first Junior Day is tomorrow and that's when Mack usually picks up the majority of commits.

            http://texas.rivals.com/commitlist.asp

            Comment


            • Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
              Jake Matthews (2010 offensive lineman and son of HOF Bruce Matthews) is favoring "USC, Texas A&M, Oklahoma and maybe Texas". He has alot of family ties at USC (obviously) and his brother plays at A&M, but he's said things like "My goal is to make a name for myself and try to be the best I can from what Ive been blessed with. which makes me believe (atleast right now) that he doesn't want to be a "Legacy", and go somewhere else (probably UT,OU,STAN,UO,etc...). He isn't favoring anybody but the schools that he listed (USC/A&M/OU/UT) will probably be where he goes. I expect him to play with his brother at A&M.
              Matthews will probably leave the state.

              He doesn't want to be a "legacy" at A&M and Texas likes him, but I don't know if we will be offering any more O lineman this year. The plan was only to get one or two this year and we already got the #1 OL to commit...

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Gchu83 View Post
                UT picked up 3 commits today, including the top DT in the state. Our first Junior Day is tomorrow and that's when Mack usually picks up the majority of commits.

                http://texas.rivals.com/commitlist.asp
                So far:

                WR - John Harris, prob a 4*
                OL - Trey Hopkins, high 4* (will prob finish as a blue chip)
                DT - Taylor Bible, prob a 4*

                We also have many top players coming in for the first junior day. I think we will have in the low 20's tomorrow, including blue chips:

                HB - Lache Seastrunk
                DE - Reggie Wilson
                DE - Jackson Jeffcoat

                I think we can expect between 3-6 more commits tomorrow, but none of the above guys.

                Comment


                • Can't wait to see Seastrunk playing in Tiger Stadium! Dude is gonna beast all over the SEC.

                  Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

                  Who Dat Nation!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by TexasKing007 View Post
                    Matthews will probably leave the state.

                    He doesn't want to be a "legacy" at A&M and Texas likes him, but I don't know if we will be offering any more O lineman this year. The plan was only to get one or two this year and we already got the #1 OL to commit...
                    well if he does, his current offers (OOS) are Arkansas, Oregon, Oklahoma State, Stanford, USC. He has cousins at Oregon (one cousin currently playing) and USC(two cousins who played on the football team, one who was on the girls soccer team and is now pro, his dad Bruce, and his uncle Clay Jr.). Being a Matthews he's pretty much royalty at USC.

                    Comment


                    • I figure Seastrunk will end up at Texas in the end, but man I'd love to have him.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by TigerBait45 View Post
                        I figure Seastrunk will end up at Texas in the end, but man I'd love to have him.
                        I thought he was a LSU lock, what happened, isn't LSU his leader?

                        Comment


                        • Don't really know. I know he's open to LSU and he has ties here but Temple is a Texas stronghold.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by TigerBait45 View Post
                            Don't really know. I know he's open to LSU and he has ties here but Temple is a Texas stronghold.

                            He's from Louisiana though, right? Also what's his relation with trovon reed?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
                              I thought he was a LSU lock, what happened, isn't LSU his leader?
                              Don't know where you heard that.

                              Everything I've read has said that he has LSU and Texas at the top, USC in the middle, and everyone else at the bottom.

                              It's a two horse race and we recruit that area very well. He should be the only RB we offer this year. That may or may not give us an advantage, but it certainly means we will throw everything we have at him.

                              He was supposed to go to a LSU junior day previously but I have read that he didn't show up. He came in to our junior day a day early so he could have some one-on-one time with Mack Brown so I like how we are playing it so far. We will probably offer him tomorrow.

                              Comment


                              • Im very happy about the Taylor Bible commitment to Texas

                                Mack should get a few more tomorrow.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information