Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Da'Rick Rogers (sp?) to georgia, everybody knew it was coming but I dont think it has been posted yet that he officially committed.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
    - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
    - Corner or Wideout in the first
    - No reaching
    - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Excellent pickup for the Dawgs.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
      2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
      2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• braylon heard, ohio rb, could commit to wvu soon

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

• Solomon Patton will commit soon, no surprise.

Comment

• It's been a virtual parade of commitments for LSU lately. Maclin and Vinson were the big names (Vinson is going to be a NASTY cornerback), but they got two more commitments this weekend.

Sam Gibson, a 6'2 200 ATH who plays QB right now but will more than likely end up at safety at LSU and a TE named Cameron Fordham who I think will likely bulk up and end up at guard.

Gibson looks like a nice athlete, don't really know much about him but he looks very smooth out there and kind of reminds me of Morris Claiborne last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by kwilk103 View Post
              braylon heard, ohio rb, could commit to wvu soon
              I hope Penn State offers him.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                I hope Penn State offers him.
                is there anyone you dont want to offer?

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by kwilk103 View Post
                  is there anyone you dont want to offer?
                  Yes actually there is.

Comment

• Cody Riggs says ND is no longer his leader. He's set to visit UF soon and as I'm sure Wicket remembers, I mentioned awhile back that the kid was feeling FSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
                      Cody Riggs says ND is no longer his leader. He's set to visit UF soon and as I'm sure Wicket remembers, I mentioned awhile back that the kid was feeling FSU.
                      Jep, I still feel pretty good about him becoming a domer but it is of course not what you are hoping to hear.

It could be that it doesnt even matter though because we have soem other guys that we are in really good shape for.
                      Lo Wood will be announcing the 26th, the same day that his friend spencer boyd will be visiting ND and he said that Wood would come along. (that pretty much makes it a dead giveaway regarding to where he is going)
                      I wouldn't be suprised if Boyd would commit on that visit as well and combine that with us being in REALLY good shape for both Kacey Rodgers and Joshua Shaw this could mean that our corner class will already be full by the time Riggs will come to a decision.
                      Not saying I dont want Cody but i like most guys we offered at corner and although riggs might be somewhat better than those other guys I wouldnt risk striking out by keeping a spot open for him.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                      - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                      - Corner or Wideout in the first
                      - No reaching
                      - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Demarcus Milliner

My brother in Mobile emailed this on Tues. afternoon from a 6-5 story. I chkd back 3 pgs. in the the thread & saw nada on Milliner as of 6-5, so here it is complete with scouting report.

Alabama has landed the nation's consensus #1 corner & the top-ranked instate player in Demarcus Milliner from Millbrook.

Call me a homer -- I think Saban's recruiting magic is paying off in spades. He is emphasizing defense, just what you'd expect from him, it's his forte,' & he'll pair Milliner at one corner opposite incoming freshman Dre Kirkpatrick after current starting CBs Kareem Jackson & Javier Arenas depart the Druid City for the NFL. B/C Greene will be gone from UGA by then they will pwn SEC receivers in Smart's defense.

Milliner will be a shoo-in for return duties replacing Arenas as KR, & replacing Jackson as the fastest player on the Bama team ... the kid is just freakish, he ran a 4.27 40 in HS!! And he consistently runs 4.3s! If he can boost his coverage & ball skills & beef up from 185 the NFL scouts will begin salivating over him immediately.

UA lands top-ranked Cornerback

MILLBROOK: Demarcus Milliner, rated a five-star cornerback and Scout.com’s No. 1 cornerback in the country, has pledged his services to the University of Alabama .

“I am going to be wearing that Crimson jersey,” Milliner reported before the scheduled press conference at his high school Thursday at 1 p.m.

“I love the tradition of the program. I will get a great education at Alabama . I will have a great opportunity for playing time. Those were some of the main reasons I decided to commit to Alabama .”

The 6-foot-1, 185-pound prospect chose Alabama over scholarship offers from several schools, including Auburn , Georgia , LSU and South Carolina. Alabama’s defensive coordinator, Kirby Smart, helped recruit the defensive back to Tuscaloosa.

Milliner finished the 2008 season with seven interceptions and returned two for touchdowns. He made a total of 57 tackles with 33 unassisted. He returned two punts for touchdowns and one kickoff returned for a touchdown as well.

Stanhope-Elmore head coach Jeff Foshee, a former Alabama player, said, “He has so much range that he can cover a large amount of ground, and be dangerous from any part of the field. He’s basically the air traffic controller coming out of the defensive backfield. “Demarcus can cover receivers and also be a sure tackler as well.”

By Gentry Estes

Times Alabama Writer gentry.estes@htimes.com

Stanhope Elmore star rated nation's best cornerback
                        The state's past two consensus No. 1 football prospects waited until National Signing Day to announce their college choices on national television, building drama with big crowds and hats spread across a table.
                        Demarcus Milliner didn't need all that.
                        About the only thing Milliner's commitment had in common with those of Foley's Julio Jones and Gadsden 's Dre Kirkpatrick was the college he chose. A blue-chip defensive back from Stanhope Elmore High School in Millbrook, Milliner quietly committed to Alabama on Thursday during a gathering that lacked the frills of a modern-day, made-for-television event.
                        He didn't even pick a hat.
                        "I went on and announced it because I didn't want it to be a distraction for the football team or to my teammates," Milliner told reporters. "I knew what school I was going to, so there was no need for me to wait and build up all the hype."
                        Milliner said he decided last week on Alabama . He informed Crimson Tide coaches before making the announcement, setting the table for Nick Saban's latest recruiting haul by giving the coach his highest-rated 2010 pledge from 13 to date.
                        Rivals.com rates the 6-foot-1, 180-pound Milliner a five-star player on its five-star scale, also tabbing him this year's No. 1 high school cornerback prospect. The consensus among recruiting services is that he will be the No. 1 recruit in the state this year.
                        Milliner reportedly held scholarship offers from the majority of the Southeastern Conference programs in addition to the likes of Clemson , Georgia Tech and Oklahoma .
                        "He's already mapped out his future as far as college, where he wants to go, what he wants to do, what he wants to do beyond that, what he wants to study as far as his education," said Stanhope Elmore coach Jeff Foshee, a former Alabama player......."That's the thing that separates him from all the great players that we've had come through here, the fact that he's more mature and understands what he wants to do in the future."

Milliner reportedly clocked a 4.3 40, including a few recently as low as 4.27 seconds. He said the Crimson Tide is recruiting him as an athlete - with the potential to play on either side of the ball.

"But more than likely they'll play me at corner or free safety," Milliner said.

Alabama defensive coordinator Kirby Smart was responsible for Milliner's recruitment. He is only the fifth in-state commitment for the Crimson Tide for 2010.

Milliner grew up as an Auburn fan and his mother pulls for the Tigers. But his father is an Alabama fan.

"They just said it was up to me to make the decision," he said. "I think I made a great decision. ... I'm blessed to be able to go to the University of Alabama . I think I'm going to have a great time there."

Scout’s Take: DeMarcus Milliner

SuperPrep.com

What is Alabama getting in cornerback DeMarcus Milliner? South Region Recruiting Analyst Chad Simmons breaks down his strengths and weaknesses here in this edition of Scout's take.

Profile: DeMarcus Milliner

Position: Cornerback
                        Height: 6-foot-1
                        Weight: 185 pounds

Recruiting Breakdown: Milliner quietly went through the process and he picked up offers from many top programs without making a big deal about it. He pulled in offers from schools like Auburn, Georgia, LSU, and Oklahoma before deciding Alabama was the school for him on Thursday. He wanted to end the process early and he is now a solid commitment for the Crimson Tide.

Strengths
                        Size: Not too many guys at his size can play the cornerback position at the level he can. He has great length with long arms to go with his height of 6-foot-1. He is also a rangy 180 pounds or now at this time and he will be able to add to that while maintaining his ability to move with receivers at a high speed. This will be a weapon of his that not many present on the edge.
                        Ball Skills: He has a great nose for the ball and when it is in his area, he makes a play on it. He knows when to go for the hit and he knows when to reach his hands out to take the ball away. He has played offense, so that helps him on the defensive side of the ball. His length helps make his better too because instead of just tipping a ball away, he has the opportunity to catch a ball that many may not.
                        Coverage Skills: He has great instincts in the secondary and he has shown that he could play safety or corner on the next level. In Tampa this spring, he locked down some of the top receivers in the country on the edge. He played loose and tight coverage just as strong and he showed the ability to close on the ball well, he does a nice jump going up for jump balls, and he has nice recovery speed.
                        Work Ethic: It is no secret that Milliner has his head on right. He knows what he wants, he knows what it takes to get it, and he will do whatever it takes to achieve it. He plays the game hard, he practices hard, and he is always focused on the task at hand. This is what truly takes his game to the next level because he works hard when being coached like he does when making plays on Friday nights. He goes full speed at everything he does.
                        Return Game: When Milliner picks a pass off, he does not just fall down. He looks for a big return and he knows what to do when he gets the ball in his hands. He has good vision, good awareness, and he has the speed to make a big play.

Weaknesses
                        Strength: There are some physical receivers in the SEC these days and Alabama likes to play a physical defense, so he will have to continue to develop strength in both his upper and lower body in the coming years. He has nice strength now for a high school senior, but he will just need to stay in the weight room, work on his pure strength, and build on to what he already has.
                        Experience: He has had more reps and time on the field in pads at safety than he has at corner, so more experience at corner will be important to him. He could play either spot in Kirby Smart’s defense, but he will just need more reps at corner, to learn the position a little more, and get a better understanding on how to line up, what to look for in a receiver, and things of that nature.

Summary
                        Alabama is getting a very intelligent defensive back that brings a lot of versatility. He is a long corner that could help at safety and he is a sure tackler with good hands, and great instincts. The size, speed, and skills are there for a future All-American in Tuscaloosa and he should only get better once he gets there and learns the Alabama system.
                        Last edited by LizardState; 06-09-2009, 07:54 PM.

Comment

• Iowa is losing ground with Isaiah Lewis. He needs to get on campus again.

Ishmael Thomas is looking better and better.

Comment

• Longtime Iowa commit James Morris probably ensured himself a mid 4* at worst in the next rankings after his performance at the U of Illinois NIKE camp.

Took home the LB MVP, and apparently looked exceptional in drills. He went to the camp for two reasons, to prove he can play with anyone, despite the fact he's a white kid from Iowa, and low and behold, he can, and to recruit for the Hawkeyes.

6'2 220 4.5 ish, also a state qualifying wrestler and 2008 Gatorade Iowa player of the year, ahead of 4* Hawkeye commit Brandon Wegher.

Treat, apparently Scherff is the real deal.

Comment

• Our Scout guy believes that PA DE Kyle Baublitz, PA WR Alex Kenney, PA OLB/DE Dakota Royer, and NY DT/OL Daquan Jones will all be Blue and White at the end of this month.

VA DT Evan Hailes recently got an offer and has us in his top 5.

Robert Bolden, QB from MI, is believed to be down to PSU and MSU. I hope we land him.

This class could be very special for Penn State.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                                Our Scout guy believes that PA DE Kyle Baublitz, PA WR Alex Kenney, PA OLB/DE Dakota Royer, and NY DT/OL Daquan Jones will all be Blue and White at the end of this month.

VA DT Evan Hailes recently got an offer and has us in his top 5.

Robert Bolden, QB from MI, is believed to be down to PSU and MSU. I hope we land him.

This class could be very special for Penn State.
                                I hope so. We'll need it because we lost a lot this year and will lose a lot next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information