Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
    Te'o and Burfict are two different stories. Burfict wanted to be a trojan, but didn't have the grades. ****, Burfict might not even be able to qualify for ASU let alone USC. Te'o was a good get for the domers, and a surprise. Pete can't win them all, but he'll gets most of his high targets.
    My point was that just because USC wants someone is no guarantee that they will get them. The dude I quoted originally made it sound like that kids just verbal to USC the second Carroll offers them, and that Henderson will do the same just because Carroll wants him to play at USC.

I will agree...Pete does get an abnormal amount of the kids he goes after. Probably why when he whiffs on kids he wants, its big news.

As far as Te'o goes, I think there were signs that he wasn't the lock that some USC fans were calling him. He made some quotes about "rowing his own canoe" and how biggest recruiting event he remembered was the students at ND wearing leis during his visit, even though the NCAA warned them not to.

Comment

• jeah seantrell will be #1 , jeffcoat second i suppose

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
      - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
      - Corner or Wideout in the first
      - No reaching
      - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Originally posted by JayP View Post
        My point was that just because USC wants someone is no guarantee that they will get them. The dude I quoted originally made it sound like that kids just verbal to USC the second Carroll offers them, and that Henderson will do the same just because Carroll wants him to play at USC.

I will agree...Pete does get an abnormal amount of the kids he goes after. Probably why when he whiffs on kids he wants, its big news.

As far as Te'o goes, I think there were signs that he wasn't the lock that some USC fans were calling him. He made some quotes about "rowing his own canoe" and how biggest recruiting event he remembered was the students at ND wearing leis during his visit, even though the NCAA warned them not to.
        Plus ND threw in a package deal (USC was never going to offer any of his friends), and Manti probably felt that Charlie would handle his "mission" better.

seantrell will be #1 , jeffcoat
        That seems right to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gchu83 View Post
          I hope you're right but everything I read points to LSU.
          I've just learned to never count out Texas for a guy in Texas that they REALLY want, I guess.

I haven't really heard anything about him lately other than he and Trevon are saying they want to go to school together (and Tony Hurd, I think). I'll take all three if they really want to come.

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerBait45 View Post
            I've just learned to never count out Texas for a guy in Texas that they REALLY want, I guess.

I haven't really heard anything about him lately other than he and Trevon are saying they want to go to school together (and Tony Hurd, I think). I'll take all three if they really want to come.
            I heard (it's probably a stupid rumor), but LSU didn't offer Christine Micheals because of Lache.

Comment

• New article with Bell is up, and I gotta say I think Miami's chances are pretty slim with him. Says we were his first offer, has nine offers now but he just doesn't sound high on Miami IMO. Sounds to me like he wants to stay closer to home.

Says he will give Miami a chance and visit even though it's so far away (his words), which basically sounds like the nail in the coffin to me.

Comment

• Bell's likely headed to Oklahoma.

But the fact Butler is his adviser can't hurt us since we obviously have some shady stuff going on with that guy.

If we can get him to visit, our chances will go way up. But we will be the darkhorse then entire process.

Comment

• SC has offered to WR Markieth Ambles and T Jake Matthews. I don't know what kind of shot we hae with Ambles, but we're going to get a very serious look from Matthews.

Comment

• Originally posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
                    SC has offered to WR Markieth Ambles and T Jake Matthews. I don't know what kind of shot we hae with Ambles, but we're going to get a very serious look from Matthews.
                    (IMHO) He'd be stupid not to come to USC, Like I said earlier, he's royalty. As for Ambles, I really don't care (I watched some highlights, and I don't understand what makes him the no.1 WR or a Elite WR). Pete offered him, so he must be legit, but I'd be ok if we don't get him (which is the most likely scenario) and get Robert Woods instead. We don't really need a wide-out in this class, but Matthews (besides being a legacy) would be wanted and needed since he projects to more than one position on the line.

Comment

• Texas got a commit from Case McCoy last night.

He will probably be a lower-ranked prospect like his brother, but his film suggests that he can be a comparable player to Colt. Not quite as good, but similar.

Comment

• Miami Guys, is Eduardo Clements a cane lock/lean?

Comment

Miami Guys, is Eduardo Clements a cane lock/lean?
                          No he's not, there is talk he is the 3rd best back in Dade according to Cane coaches and may not get the same attention that Gainer and Gore will get.

I believe he's said he likes Florida State alot.
                          "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Miami Guys, is Eduardo Clements a cane lock/lean?
                            He actually likes FSU a lot (says they are his dream school) though most seem to think if we did put the full press on him he would be a Cane. He had a somewhat disappointing Jr. season after looking like the next sure thing 5 star RB as a sophomore.

He also doesn't like that we have so many young RBs and wants to play right away.

Comment

• I watched one of his soph games on ESPN2 awhile ago, and he looked VERY impressive.

Comment

I watched one of his soph games on ESPN2 awhile ago, and he looked VERY impressive.
                                He was a monster as Sophomore. But really regressed as a Junior.

He goes to BTW which sends pretty much everyone to Miami.

But he's behind 2-3 RBs on our list next year (Gore, Gainer and maybe Bernard).

Plus he grew up an FSU fan and really likes them and he hates our depth chart where he will likely be sitting behind Bryce Brown, Lamar Miller, Jahkari Gore and Brandon Gainer who are all better then him.

I'm expecting him to end up at FSU.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information