Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
    He was a monster as Sophomore. But really regressed as a Junior.

He goes to BTW which sends pretty much everyone to Miami.

But he's behind 2-3 RBs on our list next year (Gore, Gainer and maybe Bernard).

Plus he grew up an FSU fan and really likes them and he hates our depth chart where he will likely be sitting behind Bryce Brown, Lamar Miller, Jahkari Gore and Brandon Gainer who are all better then him.

I'm expecting him to end up at FSU.
    Yeah, that's why i was asking. What happened his junior year, did he lose some O-line talent, or did he just fall into a slump. When I watched him in that game I thought he was going to be a better prospect than Brandon harris, he just seemed like the best player on the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
      Plus ND threw in a package deal (USC was never going to offer any of his friends), and Manti probably felt that Charlie would handle his "mission" better.
      I doubt the friend package was the biggest draw here. Sure, ND got and offered Manti's friend Roby Toma, but the need was there after Nyshier Oliver recommitted to Tennessee and Damien Thigpen went to UCLA. Plus once you factor in a 2 year mission, Toma will have 2 years of eligibility left max, while Te'o will have 3 years.

"He has always been one who wanted to paddle his own canoe," Brian Te'o said. "He wants to be on his own and face challenges that wouldn't come his way at BYU. He liked his trip to BYU, it is just that it just seemed too comfortable. That's what he told us."

If BYU was too comfortable, then USC would be similar in level of comfort with all of the Polynesian players there.

The mission...well, Te'o has a better chance of leaving ND and coming back 2 years later and not being buried on the depth chart. He won't return #1 at any position, but definitely in striking distance to start.

As far as #1 goes...Henderson hands down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bama9507 View Post
        Posting PM's is a chick move
        PM'in someone to rip them is a chick move...

Good stuff PSHOMER

Originally posted by SNIPER26
        LaMarr Woodley, Norse God of Thunder/Baby Jesus/Killer of all things QB, set an NFL record by getting multiple sacks in three consecutive playoff games. Don't **** with LaMarr.
        Pittsburgh Steelers....6 Time Champs!

Comment

• Good news for Michigan fans....Canton South WR Jerald Robinson I believe has been told Ohio State won't offer him and he'll commit to the Wolverines tomorrow. I kinda expected us to offer at some point, guess I was wrong there if that's true.

Comment

• Texas picked up committments from DT DeAires Cotton and WR Darius Terrell today. That is 6 for the weekened

QB Case McCOy
            WR Darius Terrell
            WR John Harris
            OL Trey Hopkins
            DT Taylor Bible
            DT DeAires Cotton

Comment

Yeah, that's why i was asking. What happened his junior year, did he lose some O-line talent, or did he just fall into a slump. When I watched him in that game I thought he was going to be a better prospect than Brandon harris, he just seemed like the best player on the field.
              Well seeing as Brandon Harris is a CB and Clements is a RB I don't really see how you can compare them as prospects. Very hard to judge HS CBs because there's no incentive for other coaches to throw at them. The CB on the other side usually isnt up to par. As pure athletes Harris is better. Not even really that close.

But to answer your question, BTWs OL this year was actually better then during his Sophmore year. They didn't really have anyone that year. This year they had some kids that will get some D1 offers and the OL really came around big time when Jose Jose started playing center.

Clements just didn't play very well this year.

And what game did you see of him as a Sophomore? He absolutely went off during the State title game and was a monster but that was an anomaly. Not really indicative of how he really is. Seeing as the game was on ESPN, I'm guessing that might have been the one you saw.

He's a good prospect. 4 star for sure and could crack the low 250 rankings.

Comment

• Originally posted by JayP View Post
                I doubt the friend package was the biggest draw here. Sure, ND got and offered Manti's friend Roby Toma, but the need was there after Nyshier Oliver recommitted to Tennessee and Damien Thigpen went to UCLA. Plus once you factor in a 2 year mission, Toma will have 2 years of eligibility left max, while Te'o will have 3 years.

"He has always been one who wanted to paddle his own canoe," Brian Te'o said. "He wants to be on his own and face challenges that wouldn't come his way at BYU. He liked his trip to BYU, it is just that it just seemed too comfortable. That's what he told us."

If BYU was too comfortable, then USC would be similar in level of comfort with all of the Polynesian players there.

The mission...well, Te'o has a better chance of leaving ND and coming back 2 years later and not being buried on the depth chart. He won't return #1 at any position, but definitely in striking distance to start.

As far as #1 goes...Henderson hands down.
                SC fans felt good about Teo because he was all SC, up until the morning of LOI. A month earlier he committed to SC, and was even trying to recruit R Carroll over to SC. The night before LOI Teo spoke with the SC coaches and was still all USC. Then Brian Teo got involved, and we know what happened there....

edit: i just noticed this is the '10 thread, my bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
                  Well seeing as Brandon Harris is a CB and Clements is a RB I don't really see how you can compare them as prospects. Very hard to judge HS CBs because there's no incentive for other coaches to throw at them. The CB on the other side usually isnt up to par. As pure athletes Harris is better. Not even really that close.

But to answer your question, BTWs OL this year was actually better then during his Sophmore year. They didn't really have anyone that year. This year they had some kids that will get some D1 offers and the OL really came around big time when Jose Jose started playing center.

Clements just didn't play very well this year.

And what game did you see of him as a Sophomore? He absolutely went off during the State title game and was a monster but that was an anomaly. Not really indicative of how he really is. Seeing as the game was on ESPN, I'm guessing that might have been the one you saw.

He's a good prospect. 4 star for sure and could crack the low 250 rankings.
                  Wasn't trying to compare them, but I thought he would end up being more highly touted, bigger prospect, etc... And as for the game, I saw two that year (but the game I'm talking about, the other team had Green Jerseys I believe).

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                    Good news for Michigan fans....Canton South WR Jerald Robinson I believe has been told Ohio State won't offer him and he'll commit to the Wolverines tomorrow. I kinda expected us to offer at some point, guess I was wrong there if that's true.
                    Is he good?

Comment

• He's good, he has great routes and is always open and makes the catch, but his speed is just average (4.55). Gonna be another Robiskie type, but less ?s about seperation at this point. Probably a low 4 star, he was in the preseason rivals 250 to watch for 2010.

I just saw that Purdue's recruiting class has 18 kids...FOURTEEN of the 18 are from Florida. 2 from Georgia, 1 from New York, and 1 from Texas. 17/18 from the south. Zero from Indiana. 1 JUCO from Illinois. That's wild.

Comment

Wasn't trying to compare them, but I thought he would end up being more highly touted, bigger prospect, etc... And as for the game, I saw two that year (but the game I'm talking about, the other team had Green Jerseys I believe).
                        I think that was the Summerville game.

That is correct comahan
                        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                        <3 dg

Comment

• Michael L spoke with Lamarcus Joyner, and his top two teams are Florida State and Ohio State. He is currently favoring Ohio State because of their history of cornerbacks. He said he has questions about FSU which is why he is favoring Ohio State.

Michael L talked with some of the people participating in a 7-on-7 and they all said Joyner was the top prospect there. Some of the people participating were Chris Dunkley, who apparently was seen sporting a Michigan shirt, Demar Dorsey, and Jeffery Godfrey.

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                            He's good, he has great routes and is always open and makes the catch, but his speed is just average (4.55). Gonna be another Robiskie type, but less ?s about seperation at this point. Probably a low 4 star, he was in the preseason rivals 250 to watch for 2010.
                            Thanks for the info. Kind of funny that with everyone negatively recruiting against Michigan (saying they don't throw the ball) that (if Robinson commits) the first three '10 commits will all be outside receivers that are at least 6'2".

Comment

• Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
                              Michael L talked with some of the people participating in a 7-on-7 and they all said Joyner was the top prospect there. Some of the people participating were Chris Dunkley, who apparently was seen sporting a Michigan shirt, Demar Dorsey, and Jeffery Godfrey.
                              Ha. I'd love to have Chris Dunkley, but I'd be willing to bet that he's a Gator.

Comment

• Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                                I think that was the Summerville game.
                                I believe that was it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information