Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
    Michael L spoke with Lamarcus Joyner, and his top two teams are Florida State and Ohio State. He is currently favoring Ohio State because of their history of cornerbacks. He said he has questions about FSU which is why he is favoring Ohio State.

Michael L talked with some of the people participating in a 7-on-7 and they all said Joyner was the top prospect there. Some of the people participating were Chris Dunkley, who apparently was seen sporting a Michigan shirt, Demar Dorsey, and Jeffery Godfrey.
    I love the kid as a prospect. But he is gonna be one of those pain in the ass kids to follow. Expect a decommit or 2, alot of different rumors from alot of different people and a final decision on NSD from him.

I don't know if anyone has seen the kids interviews, but he clearly likes being the center of attention.

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
      Bill Greene and LJ's uncle have said similar things after today's camp, Greene said Ohio State has a great shot at him. Personally I think it's still gonna be a really tough battle with Florida State, they are still the team to beat in my book. The only way we ever get kids that good from Miami that Miami wants is if they aren't really really big on Miami like Sabino and Joyner. Joyner sounds like part of him wants to go out of state and a big part of him wants to go to his "dream" school in Tallahassee, but they do have some problems there right now to say the least.
      This has got FSU/Miami written all over it.

The OSU stuff is just talk and drama/suspense.

He tried to transfer to Northwestern last year but had trouble getting it approved or something of that sort and this year he is trying to go the private school route and transfer to Columbus with Jahkari Gore. The only school that worries me here is FSU.

Comment

• http://www.soflafootball.com/fan-forum/topic.php?id=367

One other thing...according to Luke, Florida is in pretty good shape for Chris Dunkley. Of course Georgia and West Virginia look to be high on his list early as well.

also been in another rivals article, hes said the same thing

uga----likes how they play their receivers early; though getting brown may change that

fla----close to home and likes their offense

wvu----likes our offense, early playing time, likes doc

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by kwilk103 View Post
          http://www.soflafootball.com/fan-forum/topic.php?id=367

One other thing...according to Luke, Florida is in pretty good shape for Chris Dunkley. Of course Georgia and West Virginia look to be high on his list early as well.

also been in another rivals article, hes said the same thing

uga----likes how they play their receivers early; though getting brown may change that

fla----close to home and likes their offense

wvu----likes our offense, early playing time, likes doc
          Only 3 I've heard for Dunkley are UF, FSU and Michigan.

Comment

• I expect it to be a UF/FSU battle. Dunkley said in an interview at the UA combine back in December that he and DJ Johnson could both be going to the same school.
            Last edited by BigJohn98; 02-08-2009, 09:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
              Only 3 I've heard for Dunkley are UF, FSU and Michigan.
              straight from his mouth like a month or 2 ago

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by kwilk103 View Post
                straight from his mouth like a month or 2 ago
                I don't doubt that.

I'm just saying the schools I've heard associated with him the most.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
                  I expect it to be a UF/FSU battle. Dunkley said in an interview and the UA combine back in December that he and DJ Johnson could both be going to the same school.
                  That the same stuff I've been hearing.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
                    I don't doubt that.

I'm just saying the schools I've heard associated with him the most.
                    i think he'll go to florida, but ya never know

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

• If Dunkley leaves the state I think it will be to Michigan, but I don't think he leaves the state.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
                        If Dunkley leaves the state I think it will be to Michigan, but I don't think he leaves the state.
                        Exactly what I've been getting as well.

1st option is UF. FSU is the fallback. Michigan is the OOS option.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
                          If Dunkley leaves the state I think it will be to WVU, but I don't think he leaves the state.
                          i agree...

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

• FWIW....

There's a Miami football network on facebook that former players, current players, coaches and incoming players are a part of.

Louis Nix just joined it and his status says something to the affect of "I cant stop thinking about the Canes".

This is secondhand info from another poster because personally I think they whole facebook stalking recruits thing is a little overboard but I did find it interesting that there a network set up just for the team. At the least it should give a heads up to which recruits have legit interest or not.

Comment

• 2 more commits to Texas

LB Tevin Jackson
                              ATH Adrian Phillips

Comment

• Originally posted by CLong4Heisman View Post
                                Thats how I know that Te'o never commited to SC. Carroll has been gone for at least two months. He was never going to USC.
                                I don't understand. Manti was recruiting Carroll for SC, he knew RC was wavering. And thats why RC was shocked about when asked about where Manti ended up.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information