Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerald Robinson officially to Michigan.

Nice haul at WR so far, seems like a lot of our offers are going towards receivers, I wonder how many we'll take.

Comment

• Originally posted by CC View Post
      Jerald Robinson officially to Michigan.

Nice haul at WR so far, seems like a lot of our offers are going towards receivers, I wonder how many we'll take.
      I kin haz link? And word has it he could be a LB or a S. He had seven picks last year on defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
        I kin haz link? And word has it he could be a LB or a S. He had seven picks last year on defense.
        From his interview on mgoblog he said we were recruiting him as a WR.

This class as the makings of a great one with Ricardo Miller recruiting lots of people.

Comment

• top 10 guys I would like to see Texas get

1. Lache Seastrunk - RB
          2. Jackson Jeffcoat - DE
          3. Reggie Wilson - DE
          4. Darius White - WR
          5. Ahmad Dixon - DB
          6. Jordan Hicks - LB
          7. Demarco Cobbs - WR
          8. Corey Nelson - LB
          9. Adrian White - DB
          10. Aaron Benson - LB

Comment

• joey, what do you know about Jeffrey Godfrey? Michigan offered him, possibly as a quarterback.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
              joey, what do you know about Jeffrey Godfrey? Michigan offered him, possibly as a quarterback.
              Only way you have a chance is if we dont offer. Which is not likely to happen.

He's expected to be 1 of 2 possible QBs in our class and outside of the MNW and BTW kids he is one of the bigger die hard Canes in this class.

He's a heck of a talent but real short so there's a chance we will take him as a CB as well.

No one really expects him to be anywhere else.

Comment

• New Brandon Linder article up. As expected is sounds really good for Miami.

Linder, Willis Wright, and Jahkari Gore are all looking like they could pull the trigger for us very soon.

Comment

• InsideTexas.com is reporting that Safety Ahmad Dixon has committed to Texas.

Comment

• cdub,

What do you know about Evan Washington?

He is supposedly one of OT targets that is very high on our board after Crisp and Wilson.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
                      cdub,

What do you know about Evan Washington?

He is supposedly one of OT targets that is very high on our board after Crisp and Wilson.
                      One of Washington's High School teammates has already committed to Texas, Darius Terrell, and Adrian White another teammate was offered, Im surprised Washington didnt receive an offer.

here is what orangebloods.com had to say about Washington after this weekend

The aftermath:</I> Washington's arrival on the 40 Acres was a surprise to the staff, but you have to give the DeSoto lineman credit for taking matters into his own hands and doing everything that he could to persuade the staff that he should receive an offer. Mack Brown wants players that want to be Longhorns and even though he wasn't offered this weekend, there's a good chance that Washington will eventually receive an offer. For the record, Washington raved about the trip to Austin.
                      Last edited by cdub11; 02-09-2009, 11:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CC View Post
                        Jerald Robinson officially to Michigan.

Jim Stefani thinks we could take up to five this year. I assume this depends on how the scholarship situation shakes out. Florida is loaded with talent, especially at the receiver position. Since the big three can only take so many kids, there are going be a lot of high-BCS caliber receivers that are left for the taking.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
                          Only way you have a chance is if we dont offer. Which is not likely to happen.

He's expected to be 1 of 2 possible QBs in our class and outside of the MNW and BTW kids he is one of the bigger die hard Canes in this class.

He's a heck of a talent but real short so there's a chance we will take him as a CB as well.

No one really expects him to be anywhere else.
                          He's claiming he has a Miami offer.

Comment

• Texas has received commit #10 from LB Aaron Benson

Comment

• Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                              He's claiming he has a Miami offer.
                              Dont believe he has a written offer that is commitable. He has one of those verbal offers that will allow coaches to see ho he developes going into SR year before giving him a solid written offer.

Comment

• Texas has already received commitments from 10 in-state prospects. Here is how I think they will be rated in rivals first rankings:

QB - Case McCoy - high 3*/low 4*
                                WR - Darius Terrell - high 4*
                                WR - John Harris - low 4*
                                OL - Trey Hopkins - high 4*
                                DT - Taylor Bible - high 4*
                                DT - DeAires Cotton - high 4*
                                LB - Aaron Benson - high 4*
                                LB - Tevin Jackson - low 4*
                                S - Ahmad Dixon - high 4*
                                ATH/CB - Adrian Phillips - low 4*

Comment

Working...