Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
    Jim Stefani thinks we could take up to five this year. I assume this depends on how the scholarship situation shakes out. Florida is loaded with talent, especially at the receiver position. Since the big three can only take so many kids, there are going be a lot of high-BCS caliber receivers that are left for the taking.
    Im actually hoping that after Robinson gets up here, especially if we continue to add WR at the rate we have been, he becomes receptive to the idea of playing CB for us. He seems like he would be an absolute terror in the defensive backfield. We have a much bigger need there too.

Comment

joey, what do you know about Jeffrey Godfrey? Michigan offered him, possibly as a quarterback.
      Here is a lil highlight video of Jeffery Godfrey as a freshmen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26TfWOLRfhw just skip it to 48 secs because it just shows pictures of old miami qbs at the start.

Comment

• Is Marvin Robinson a gator lean or a michigan lean?

Comment

• Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
          Is Marvin Robinson a gator lean or a michigan lean?
          I've heard that Michigan has really toned down our recruitment of Robinson. I'm not sure what exactly this means. He was considered a near Michigan lock around this time last year. Maybe were just letting Ricardo Miller handle his recruitment.

I also thought that Robinson was higher on UNC than Florida, he has a thing for Butch Davis.

Comment

• I wouldn't mind taking Godfrey just to have him be one of those "player recruiter" QBs that call and develop relationships with other prospects, especially the guys in South Florida. Seems like a really cool guy and obviously a huge Miami fan. So if we take him, I hope he comes early and starts with that right away.

Sidenote: That was what Bryce Brown was doing for us about a month or two following his commitment to us, all we heard was how he was developing relationships with all these national, five star recruits (Xavier Nixon and Kennard being the two names I remember off the top of my head) and he was going to personally talk them into coming to Miami. Meh....

Comment

• Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
              Is Marvin Robinson a gator lean or a michigan lean?
              This is his list, last I had heard.

1a. North Carolina
              1b. Michigan
              2. Florida

Comment

• wvu doesnt really have anything until the spring game

have one more junior camp that is in april, then its the spring game

probably a couple commits at each

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

1a. North Carolina
                  1b. Michigan
                  2. Florida
                  Still think UF gets him when its all said and done.

Comment

1a. North Carolina
                    1b. Michigan
                    2. Florida
                    Silence is golden.

Comment

• http://www.athletevault.com/articles/article00173.php

Here is an early top 100 list for '10.

Comment

• Bill Greene likes Jeffrey Godfrey better than Ken Guiton, Nick Montana, or Devin Gardner and said if he were taller he'd be maybe the hottest QB recruit this year. He saw him in person at the Miami combine yesterday, apparently he's good.

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                          Bill Greene likes Jeffrey Godfrey better than Ken Guiton, Nick Montana, or Devin Gardner and said if he were taller he'd be maybe the hottest QB recruit this year. He saw him in person at the Miami combine yesterday, apparently he's good.
                          Who is Bill Greene?

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                            Bill Greene likes Jeffrey Godfrey better than Ken Guiton, Nick Montana, or Devin Gardner and said if he were taller he'd be maybe the hottest QB recruit this year. He saw him in person at the Miami combine yesterday, apparently he's good.
                            Hes very good. Better the Gene Smith.

Height is the only issue. But its usually a big one for QBs.

At the end of the day, he too good for us to pass just cause of height. He should get his Cane offer and be here sooner rather then later.

But the real stud QB in dade is 2011 recruit Teddy Bridgewater. Dude is a monster talent. Should be the concensus #1 QB and in the running for top overall in 2011.

Comment

• What is Jeffrey Godfrey's size? He could be the next guy in line after Jacory.

Comment

• Originally posted by tolnaballa View Post
                                What is Jeffrey Godfrey's size? He could be the next guy in line after Jacory.
                                Listed at 5'11" 170.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information