Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
    Who is Bill Greene?
    oh, he's an OSU insider on scout, I've mentioned him before I think. He was in Miami this weekend at the combine.

    Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
    Hes very good. Better the Gene Smith.

    Height is the only issue. But its usually a big one for QBs.

    At the end of the day, he too good for us to pass just cause of height. He should get his Cane offer and be here sooner rather then later.

    But the real stud QB in dade is 2011 recruit Teddy Bridgewater. Dude is a monster talent. Should be the concensus #1 QB and in the running for top overall in 2011.
    Good news is 5'11" QBs can be really good in college moreso than in the NFL. Chase Daniel, Chris Leak, Jeff Garcia were all 5'11"; Troy Smith was 6'0".

    Comment


    • Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
      oh, he's an OSU insider on scout, I've mentioned him before I think. He was in Miami this weekend at the combine.



      Good news is 5'11" QBs can be really good in college moreso than in the NFL. Chase Daniel, Chris Leak, Jeff Garcia were all 5'11"; Troy Smith was 6'0".
      I think he can suceed and I think Miami will eventually offer and land him. We can afford to wait a little while him because he would come here no matter what. Unlikely some of the OOS kids and north Florida that we have to get on early to have a chance.

      We have yet to put out very many offers to local kids so you know they are all coming soon or later. Maybe at our spring game

      BTW...What else did Greene have to say?

      Comment


      • mostly he just drooled over the athletes there and how every kid there runs 4.4 or better. He mentioned hanging out with Joyner and his uncle a lot too, says Ohio State is in "great shape" with him and all that stuff about Joyner that's come out in articles the past day and a half. He thinks Joyner might be a better athlete than Ted Ginn, which is saying something. He maintians that if Godfrey was 6'2" then he'd be the #1 Qb in the country.

        Comment


        • Maryland WR Adrian Coxson had some nice things to say about Penn State in his recent interview with Scout. With him being a really close friend to Bryant Johnson, former Penn State wideout, I have no doubt in my mind that he will be a Nittany Lion. Lets just hope he isn't afraid of competition.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
            mostly he just drooled over the athletes there and how every kid there runs 4.4 or better. He mentioned hanging out with Joyner and his uncle a lot too, says Ohio State is in "great shape" with him and all that stuff about Joyner that's come out in articles the past day and a half. He thinks Joyner might be a better athlete than Ted Ginn, which is saying something. He maintians that if Godfrey was 6'2" then he'd be the #1 Qb in the country.

            I've said it before in the Miami thread and elsewhere but LaMarcus Joyner (I realize how hyperbolic this statement is, btw, don't worry) is the best HS football player to come out of Florida since Willie Williams.

            I start drooling every time someone just mentions his name.

            Comment


            • I think Joyner is a little overrated to be honest.

              People are in love with his aggresivness towards the run and his nasty streak.

              Thats all well and good but people dont realize, he plays LB for Southwest. Its alot easier and more valuable to look good against the run at LB then CB. He blitzes alot and does very little coverage for them.

              Hes listed at 5'8 which is a huge detriment as well.

              Hes a good prospect and will be as asset anywhere but he has alot of questions he needs to answer as well. I dont see the number player in the state talk, right now thats likely Elam and by the end of the year it will be Chandler. People sleep on him because of the injury but before that he was considered a better prospect then Marcus Forston.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
                I think Joyner is a little overrated to be honest.

                People are in love with his aggresivness towards the run and his nasty streak.

                Thats all well and good but people dont realize, he plays LB for Southwest. Its alot easier and more valuable to look good against the run at LB then CB. He blitzes alot and does very little coverage for them.

                Hes listed at 5'8 which is a huge detriment as well.

                Hes a good prospect and will be as asset anywhere but he has alot of questions he needs to answer as well. I dont see the number player in the state talk, right now thats likely Elam and by the end of the year it will be Chandler. People sleep on him because of the injury but before that he was considered a better prospect then Marcus Forston.
                Where is Joyner a lean to right now?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
                  I think Joyner is a little overrated to be honest.

                  People are in love with his aggresivness towards the run and his nasty streak.

                  Thats all well and good but people dont realize, he plays LB for Southwest. Its alot easier and more valuable to look good against the run at LB then CB. He blitzes alot and does very little coverage for them.

                  Hes listed at 5'8 which is a huge detriment as well.

                  Hes a good prospect and will be as asset anywhere but he has alot of questions he needs to answer as well. I dont see the number player in the state talk, right now thats likely Elam and by the end of the year it will be Chandler. People sleep on him because of the injury but before that he was considered a better prospect then Marcus Forston.
                  Not a lot of premier HS athletes will play strictly corner, for the reasons already mentioned by even you in this thread. You want your best player right in the middle of the field where the action is and causing the most disruption possible. Premier corners will not get thrown to, so they pretty much neutralize themselves.

                  Judging by how cat quick he is, the premier speed and he also appears to have freakishly long arms I really don't worry about his ability to play corner or safety as needed. Size matters yes, but the guy is just a straight up football player and maybe I am overestimating him because of the aggresion and nasty streak, but those are my two favorite traits and to see them on a guy that quick is just so rare.

                  Also remember that Chandler is only 5'11" so if you think people are going to hold that up against a DB you have to apply the same logic to a DT. Chandler is nasty though, looked better than Forston a lot of times during his Sophomore year.

                  I'll tell you one thing - if he does transfer to Columbus I will definitely be seeing him and Gore in person. That will be a show!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
                    Where is Joyner a lean to right now?

                    Meh, where he is a lean to (probably FSU or he did state Ohio State as his leader recently, so take your pick) and even who he commits to really will not matter to me. All that I care about is that when he signs the papers in 2010 he decides he wants to stay home with his friends and family.


                    Expect a circus of the Willie Williams variety with Joyner. He loves the attention.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                      Meh, where he is a lean to (probably FSU or he did state Ohio State as his leader recently, so take your pick) and even who he commits to really will not matter to me. All that I care about is that when he signs the papers in 2010 he decides he wants to stay home with his friends and family.


                      Expect a circus of the Willie Williams variety with Joyner. He loves the attention.
                      ow no not another bryce brown. well every year has them


                      Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                      - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                      - Corner or Wideout in the first
                      - No reaching
                      - No Kelvin Benjamin

                      Comment


                      • http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...v=ap&type=lgns

                        oh man, Vols in big trouble now lol
                        Gamertag: OnABoat16 (Games: NCAA 10, NHL 10, Tiger Woods 10)

                        Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
                        Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
                        Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
                        A fan of the USF Bulls

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Canadian_kid16 View Post
                          http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...v=ap&type=lgns

                          oh man, Vols in big trouble now lol
                          No they won't. Unless the NCAA has to take action based on public outcry, there won't be any NCAA sanctions. It will be a slap on the wrist at the most.


                          Originally posted by Halsey
                          I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Canadian_kid16 View Post
                            http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...v=ap&type=lgns

                            oh man, Vols in big trouble now lol
                            Turtlepower beat me to it, they wont get anything. I believe UW had the same things this year and they were listed as "minor". It's funny that I mention UT (kiffin) and UW (sarkisian). Seems like Big Pete didn't teach them all the good tricks about recruiting. ;)

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                              Not a lot of premier HS athletes will play strictly corner, for the reasons already mentioned by even you in this thread. You want your best player right in the middle of the field where the action is and causing the most disruption possible. Premier corners will not get thrown to, so they pretty much neutralize themselves.

                              Judging by how cat quick he is, the premier speed and he also appears to have freakishly long arms I really don't worry about his ability to play corner or safety as needed. Size matters yes, but the guy is just a straight up football player and maybe I am overestimating him because of the aggresion and nasty streak, but those are my two favorite traits and to see them on a guy that quick is just so rare.

                              Also remember that Chandler is only 5'11" so if you think people are going to hold that up against a DB you have to apply the same logic to a DT. Chandler is nasty though, looked better than Forston a lot of times during his Sophomore year.

                              I'll tell you one thing - if he does transfer to Columbus I will definitely be seeing him and Gore in person. That will be a show!
                              Chandler 5'11"? Hes listed at 6'0 and Ive heard hes closer to 6'1.

                              Normally in HS you want ur best players in the middle of the field yes. But not in 6A South Florida Football. The real CBs play corner ala Michael Carter, Patrick Johnson, Brandon McGee, Brandon Harris, Janoris Jenkins, so on and so forth. The fact that Joyner is playing LB makes me wonder. Especially since its easier to find HS LBs then good cover CBs.

                              As for where Joyner is leaning. He has already named UF, FSU and OSU his leader at different points in his recruitment and then changed his tune. So basically hes gonna be one of those headcases to follow. General concensus is FSU tho because he grew up an FSU fan.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Canadian_kid16 View Post
                                http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...v=ap&type=lgns

                                oh man, Vols in big trouble now lol
                                They won't be in trouble, but isn't this ironic?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information