Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RichRod has ohio offer fever (aka zook-itis). Offered West Chester TE Alex Smith. He's a better tight end prospect than Kevin Koger was IMO which is saying something. He favors Cincinnati and Kentucky right now b/c of family ties to those two schools/areas, I think if/when Ohio State offers him that will be hard to turn down. OSU doesn't use the tight end much, but they are gonna sell the flex TE position to him that Jake Stoneburner is gonna play this year that is basically what Dallas Clark and Travis Beckum play and it'll be new to our offense. LaTwan Anderson and Alex Smith I think might be the next two Ohio guys to get offered...maybe Christian Bryant too.

Comment

• Originally posted by captainjack27 View Post
      PM'in someone to rip them is a chick move...

Good stuff PSHOMER
      Wow that makes total sense

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
        RichRod has ohio offer fever (aka zook-itis). Offered West Chester TE Alex Smith. He's a better tight end prospect than Kevin Koger was IMO which is saying something. He favors Cincinnati and Kentucky right now b/c of family ties to those two schools/areas, I think if/when Ohio State offers him that will be hard to turn down. OSU doesn't use the tight end much, but they are gonna sell the flex TE position to him that Jake Stoneburner is gonna play this year that is basically what Dallas Clark and Travis Beckum play and it'll be new to our offense. LaTwan Anderson and Alex Smith I think might be the next two Ohio guys to get offered...maybe Christian Bryant too.
        I'm not just saying this because I'm a UM fan, but if I were a pass-catching TE recruit, I'd make damn sure OSU actually throws the ball to the tight end before even considering an offer there. Kevin Koger had more catches as a true freshman in the cluster**** known as Michigan's offense than Jake Ballard, OSU's starting TE, did. That's pretty awful.

Comment

• anbody have any info on any of these recruits?

Brandon Willis, DE/DT
          Ego Ferguson, DE/DT
          Christian Green, QB/WR
          A.J. Derby, QB/WR
          Darius White, WR
          Chaz Green, OT

Comment

• Brandon Willis will be a Nole.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
              Chandler 5'11"? Hes listed at 6'0 and Ive heard hes closer to 6'1.

Normally in HS you want ur best players in the middle of the field yes. But not in 6A South Florida Football. The real CBs play corner ala Michael Carter, Patrick Johnson, Brandon McGee, Brandon Harris, Janoris Jenkins, so on and so forth. The fact that Joyner is playing LB makes me wonder. Especially since its easier to find HS LBs then good cover CBs.

As for where Joyner is leaning. He has already named UF, FSU and OSU his leader at different points in his recruitment and then changed his tune. So basically hes gonna be one of those headcases to follow. General concensus is FSU tho because he grew up an FSU fan.
              With Chandler you're right that he is listed at 6' but I have heard the opposite about his height (I.E. he is 5'11"). Who knows? Either way both are going to be undersized height wise at there prospective positions, but they shown that it does not impact how they play.

Also, yes it is South Florida but you are not taking into account how bad Southwest Miami HS has historically been at football. They won more games this year (8) and last year (6) than they did in the three seasons of 04-07 combined (5). That is how big of impact Joyner (along with Hosey Williams to a lesser extent) has made.

I doubt he plays the same role at Columbus.

Comment

• Coaches want '10 CT LB Khairi Fortt to come for one-on-one during spring practices, and he said he was looking forward to talking with the players and meeting everyone. Fortt and another CT kid, '10 RB Silas Redd, are visiting UVA this upcoming weekend....Fortt was at Maryland's this past weekend. He'll also be at PSU Nike camp, which I believe is May 2nd but it could be June 2nd (can't remember). He is going to take all 5 officials and hopes to announce at the US Army AA game, so I doubt there will be any decision from him for a long time.

'10 CT RB Silas Redd is still visiting March 27-29th, think he may commit. I'd say Redd, Royer, Betancourt are probable early on. Coxson could be another by May/June.

Two, three, or possibly even 4 OH kids will probably be visiting in the next month or two. Nobody real big-time, at least not on these forums. Probably just the Mooney kids even though we've been recruiting quite a few other OH prospects this year.

Things couldn't possibly be looking any better for '10 MD WR Adrian Coxson. Still visiting March 7th, scout has an article up now and rivals has his film up.

I'm not sure what to think about PA DT Sharrif Floyd, says PSU is recruiting him, coaches have been by the school and I quote, 'I'm cool with Penn State, I like them a little bit'...we haven't offered and I can't understand why - big time DL prospect.
                "If nobody told you how good you were, how good would you be?"

Comment

• Sniper, what can you tell me about Scot Loeffler as a recruiter?

He's already been assigned to a top Oklahoma prospect and another guy from California.

I saw was Mallet's recruiter, but that's the only one I found.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
                    Brandon Willis will be a Nole.
                    Is he a DE for the Noles?

Comment

• Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
                      Is he a DE for the Noles?
                      I believe we are recruiting him as an end. I always thought he was a DT though.

Comment

• Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                        I'm not just saying this because I'm a UM fan, but if I were a pass-catching TE recruit, I'd make damn sure OSU actually throws the ball to the tight end before even considering an offer there. Kevin Koger had more catches as a true freshman in the cluster**** known as Michigan's offense than Jake Ballard, OSU's starting TE, did. That's pretty awful.
                        OSU's tight ends are pretty much considered the "3rd OT" or the "6th OL" and their role is to block and run certain routes. Jake Stoneburner is gonna be in the slot a lot and sometimes on the end, but he's basically gonna be doing closer to what Anthony Gonzalez did rather than what Rory Nicol and Jake Ballard do. Alex Smith's position is gonna be officially tight end, but essentially WR. Stoneburner and Smith aren't really blockers if you watch them, it's not like Dion Sims or Shede Hageman who were actually gonna be tight ends who block and catch. I can see why they were scared away, but Stoney and Smith were/are WRs in high school and they'll be essentially that at Ohio State.

Kevin Koger had more catches as a true freshman in the cluster**** known as Michigan's offense than Jake Ballard, OSU's starting TE, did. That's pretty awful.
                        well Ballard was the 2nd TE to all big ten tight end Rory Nicol, and like I said their primary role was to block.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
                          I believe we are recruiting him as an end. I always thought he was a DT though.
                          He looks like he'd be an awesome DT (IMHO). At 6'4 he'd be able to be an athletic 300 pounder, and he looks very strong and physical. At DE he looks like he could compete immediately, and strong against the run and in traffic. What about his Teammate (the runningback, forgot his name), is he intrested in the Noles aswell?

Comment

• Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
                            He looks like he'd be an awesome DT (IMHO). At 6'4 he'd be able to be an athletic 300 pounder, and he looks very strong and physical. At DE he looks like he could compete immediately, and strong against the run and in traffic. What about his Teammate (the runningback, forgot his name), is he intrested in the Noles aswell?
                            Marcus Lattimore is interested in us. His top 5 is South Carolina, UNC, Bama, Florida State, and Clemson.

Comment

• I don't think Rich Rod got Ohio fever, he's just a great recruiter. He knows the best athletes are in Florida and Ohio is in the top five. He doesn't really have a chance in Texas or Florida, so he's focusing on the areas he can recruit. He proved he can recruit Florida to a certain extent and proved he can recruit Ohio, by grabbing the state's best player this past class.

It doesn't take a moron to figure out that Ohio has better high school football players than Michigan. The reason the offers are coming quicker this year is due to time issues. Last year he was worried about keeping the 2008 class together. Once that was accomplished, him and all of his staff took their vacations and got a late start on 2009. Expect U-M to grab a lot of Ohio and Florida kids. Even if Ohio State and the big three in Florida get first dibs in their states, there are plenty of kids who go under the radar because the states are loaded with talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
                                Sniper, what can you tell me about Scot Loeffler as a recruiter?

He's already been assigned to a top Oklahoma prospect and another guy from California.

I saw was Mallet's recruiter, but that's the only one I found.
                                He's an above average recruiter. While at U-M he was mainly assigned to OH, PA, and GA. He also went after most of the quarterbacks.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information