Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i only have spencer boyd and lo wood as ee for ND as far as i'm aware of

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
    - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
    - Corner or Wideout in the first
    - No reaching
    - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Originally posted by Newbs24 View Post
      I thought Devin Gardner was going to enroll early.
      Marvin Robinson is on pace to as well, thats why he hasn't done any camps.
      As of now it is only Marvin for sure.
      Are you sure you don't mean Ricardo Miller? I can't imagine he doesn't at least plan to enroll early, seeing as he moved to Michigan. Actually being able to EE is another story, but I can't imagine he wouldn't if he could.

Originally posted by Jakey
      WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

• Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
        Are you sure you don't mean Ricardo Miller? I can't imagine he doesn't at least plan to enroll early, seeing as he moved to Michigan. Actually being able to EE is another story, but I can't imagine he wouldn't if he could.
        I think they both plan on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
          I think they both plan on it.
          I agree, I was just surprised that newbs mentioned Robinson and not Miller.

Originally posted by Jakey
          WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

• Shumpert, Kirksey, Davis soon

Comment

• According to ESPN, Ohio State is now far and away the front runner for California cornerback Josh Shaw.

If he commits to the Buckeyes then their secondary should be decently stacked for years to come. Imagine if Frankenstein were to commit as well...sick!

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

• Originally posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post
                Shumpert, Kirksey, Davis soon
                Shumpert said like two days ago that Minnesota is his #1. Quit making **** up.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Dior Mathis now visiting Illinois for an official. Zook him...:)

It'll be interesting to see who gets that spot or if they take more than one more CB/DB because there are some big time options and others who are becoming more interested.

Comment

• Better Illinois than MSU for Dior. It's getting a little annoying to hear how MSU is "dominating" the in-state recruiting by taking kids that UM doesn't even offer. Plus, let's keep MSU out of Cass Tech. UM cooled on Dior, so I'd rather see him at Illinois.

Comment

• Originally posted by JFLO View Post
                      According to ESPN, Ohio State is now far and away the front runner for California cornerback Josh Shaw.

If he commits to the Buckeyes then their secondary should be decently stacked for years to come. Imagine if Frankenstein were to commit as well...sick!
                      jep i know they reported it but i dont buy it, they are the third team in that race at best (maybe shaw doesnt even think so himself at the moment in his visit afterglow but I still feel so)

- No reaching
                      - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• "Ohio State is my leader by a mile" - Josh Shaw after his visit. Noted how much more important football was to people in Columbus than in LA.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
                          I leave for a couple months and now that I'm back I see a certain Ohio State fan is trolling Michigan fans. Well, that's one thing that will probably never change.
                          god I'm tired of you sensitive Michigan fans. it's not trolling just because it questions your Michigan = Everything belief system.

jesus christ.

Comment

• Originally posted by srv fan View Post
                            I think it's reasonable to assume that the universities that are a stone's throw away from Detroit, have the most scouts and insiders working the recruiting scene, and most importantly produce most of the HS coaches in the area, know the scene better than a school sitting a thousand miles away.
                            I think it's reasonable to assume that the Ohio State and Oklahoma coaching staffs know what they're doing, and they do their homework. The recruiters know everything about the kids they're recruiting at these schools. To claim that the Michigan and MSU staffs know something that the OSU and Oklahoma staffs don't is silly.

Comment

• Shumpert and Kirksey were in Iowa City over the weekend, and are deciding soon.

Neither have visited Minnesota.

He's never called Minnesota his #1.

Comment

• Originally posted by HindSight View Post
                                I think it's reasonable to assume that the Ohio State and Oklahoma coaching staffs know what they're doing, and they do their homework. The recruiters know everything about the kids they're recruiting at these schools. To claim that the Michigan and MSU staffs know something that the OSU and Oklahoma staffs don't is silly.
                                homestead recruiters have better connections with the high school coaches though, so if there are character flaws that arent apparent in normal contact they will know about it quicker.
                                Not saying its the only way that this can happen but i have to admit its a bit odd that a guy good enough to be offered by ohio state and oklahoma has no offer by both michigan and msu. The difference in grade requirements is not big enough between the schools either prolly so i hate to admit it but i can see the point the wolverine fans here are trying to make although i do not accept it as the only explanation of this discrepancy

- No reaching
                                - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information